The Car Shopping Thread

A golf buddy of mine bought the 2014 Optima and has had steering (pulling) issues. Dealer is working to correct, but apparently Kia has bought some back from owners. He likes it but is pretty frustrated at the moment.

A golf buddy of mine bought the 2014 Optima and has had steering (pulling) issues. Dealer is working to correct, but apparently Kia has bought some back from owners. He likes it but is pretty frustrated at the moment.

They are notorious for leaking oil as well.

Dang I should have gotten cooled seats for the 3 months we have summer

I bet heated seats would be better if you have a winter similar to last year

I want a new truck. I'm terrible at car buying. It scares the crap out of me. I'm not a negotiator, I see the price and take it. When I buy a vehicle and drive it till it's beat. My 2006 Ford had 232k on it. It's a work truck. How do you know if your getting a good deal? What are things to look out for? Who's making the best all around full size gas powered truck. 4x4 is needed.

Single, extended, or crew cab? V6 or V8? Long or short bed? Being a work truck, any luxury options you need? What city are you in? I don't mind finding you something and getting a solid price if you're interested, I love this stuff ..I've been offered jobs from sales managers after buying new trucks lol.

Single, extended, or crew cab? V6 or V8? Long or short bed? Being a work truck, any luxury options you need? What city are you in? I don't mind finding you something and getting a solid price if you're interested, I love this stuff ..I've been offered jobs from sales managers after buying new trucks lol.

What do you like in the way of a work truck? Wife and I just bought a small ranch that has some terrain and I need a truck on-site for stuff related to the horses and other live stock that will show up. I just bought a bobcat - I'm sure I'll kill myself in that thing doing stuff I have no business doing.

Brought home the 2015 Optima.
Really like the fact that we were able to get something fully loaded in the price range we had in mind. This thing has bells and whistles on top of bells and whistles.

We tested out the Audi A3, Mercedes, CLA 250, Lexus ES, Toyota Prius, Ford Fusion and a few others and really compared them all together. At the end of the day, they gave us the warranty we wanted, free service and every feature we wanted for a great price.

I think we are quickly seeing the lines blurred (outside of cache) between luxury and standard for companies. Since some of these companies are offering both with in their lines. Perhaps the Korean manufacturers have it figured out, while the rest have separate lines (Honda/Acura, Lexus/Toyota, Nissan/Infiniti, Chevy/Cadillac, Ford/Lincoln, etc etc). We did not find a single feature available on one that was not on the other, and frankly the prices were close across the board once features were added.

You're going to love it, JB.

Which trim did you get? Limited or Hybrid?

You're going to love it, JB.

Which trim did you get? Limited or Hybrid?

We did not go Hybrid. We skipped Hybrid and Turbo and got every other single feature they offer I believe.

Very nice. What color?

Its like a Metallic Brown/Bronze. Its one we did not think we would like and then saw it and knew it was the one immediately.

Its like a Metallic Brown/Bronze. Its one we did not think we would like and then saw it and knew it was the one immediately.
I know exactly what color u are talking about. Looks way worse online and awesome in person. Almost ended up with that one but I got tired of playing pricing games so told them no (it was a used car ish)

What do you like in the way of a work truck? Wife and I just bought a small ranch that has some terrain and I need a truck on-site for stuff related to the horses and other live stock that will show up. I just bought a bobcat - I'm sure I'll kill myself in that thing doing stuff I have no business doing.

Thanks guys,
I'm in the very early stages of this really. Haven't given it that much thought. I appreciate the offers and when I'm ready I'll be back to set the dogs free lol

Congrats on the new ride JB & GG

I'm looking at new small SUV for the wife was gonna buy this yr but geothermal heat won out.

The RAV4 she is in love with and a set of clubs fits across the back unlike some other small SUVs we've seen(equinox).

I haven't seen any issues with the new Ford echo boost engines however the sync is a total nightmare and they have been plagued with electrical problems as of late. My boss King Ranch had been in the shop more than not. Same problem with another buddies truck. Keeps saying the battery is low and thing in to power saving mode and they can't figure it out.
Do NOT buy a gm with displacement on demand they have terrible issues with the lifters collapsing and the only way to change them is by removing the cylinder head. The VLOM also is notorious for failing.

Tundra is a great truck but get absolutely horrible mileage.

Can Help on the purchasing end but i do know one thing. You're gonna get effed regardless is just a matter of how much. is

Congrats. Can't wait to hear the reviews and feedback on the car

Don't think I've responded to this thread, but I work in the data analysis side of the auto warranty industry and have numerous opinions on vehicle quality. I don't want to post anything to the thread that might be too public, but I'm happy to discuss in pm or email if someone had any specific questions on a make or model.

Congrats on the new ride JB & GG

I'm looking at new small SUV for the wife was gonna buy this yr but geothermal heat won out.

The RAV4 she is in love with and a set of clubs fits across the back unlike some other small SUVs we've seen(equinox).

You don't want an equinox. Gm has had an incredibly difficult time with their new DI engines. Google equinox engine rattle. It's terrible.

Gm blows

Ok I'm done

Well cause of some inquiries to me, I'm thinking trading my '11 Edge (31,800 mi) for a new Explorer. For awhile thought of lease but it's just not for me.
foremost reason is the bigger cargo area & good news is doesn't matter if I do or not.

Bought a 2014 Highlander for my wife a couple months ago. Now I'm trying to figure out a new car for myself. I want a sedan, with lots of room (probably luxury) that is fast, handles well and AWD is preferred. If a SUV fits the above, then I'd consider it.

Anyone have recommendations?

A few I've been considering:

Audi A6; Passat Diesel; Lexus E350 (I think?); Chrysler 300 (interested to hear thoughts on this one; the reviews are very good and the sport versions seem to really perform); Acuras (don't know much about them, but I get an employee discount)

Bought a 2014 Highlander for my wife a couple months ago. Now I'm trying to figure out a new car for myself. I want a sedan, with lots of room (probably luxury) that is fast, handles well and AWD is preferred. If a SUV fits the above, then I'd consider it.

Anyone have recommendations?

A few I've been considering:

Audi A6; Passat Diesel; Lexus E350 (I think?); Chrysler 300 (interested to hear thoughts on this one; the reviews are very good and the sport versions seem to really perform); Acuras (don't know much about them, but I get an employee discount)

The passat is a great car for the money, but certainly isn't fast. The Lexus ES350 is not a sporty car is my mind, but that's all subjective. I think the IS and GS both fall into that category a bit more. I think the BMW 328/335 and Cadillac CTS might be the best fit for what you described, maybe the new Infiniti as well.

I never thought cooled seats was a good idea until we got them in my wife's car, even three months a year best option ever.

I never thought cooled seats was a good idea until we got them in my wife's car, even three months a year best option ever.

Man, all these big supporters, I guess it's just old Lincoln and Toyotas that they are useless in, they do very little to cool you in my parents Sequoyah

Gm blows

Ok I'm done
My 2007 GMC Sierra is such a turd. Lousy mileage, no power, cheap interior, cheap 'eco' paint, body panels made of paper etc etc.
Lifters malfunctioned and motor blew at 60,000 miles.
Everything rattles.
Cheap Suspension (Z-71 my ass)

Rant over...until I turn the key again.

Guys I'm considering one of the two shortly.

2008-2010 Jeep Cherokee SRT8
2009-2011 Mercedes ML550

Anyone here have experience with these two? I'm leaning towards the MB but the traditional issues that come with them and their high end repairs cost terrify me.

Is there any value in going with a diesel motor in a full size truck? It used to be cause of strength and longevity out of the motor were the big selling points. With the crazy fuel
Costs and added cost of the drive train. Do you get you money's worth out of it. It seems gasoline powered have come a long way.

Back