Super Noob here!!!!! :) Hi Everyone!!!

Sroc3

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all!! :banana: Just decided to take up Golf again after being 5 years without a club in my hand. I pretty much learned how to play golf from my caddy (in the Philippines) and was actually pretty terrible at it. I spent the 1st 6 months wondering if my balls would ever fly farther than my divots :beat-up: - this all occurred from age 22 to 26. I played sporadically in between but it was just terrible every time I went. I think my best friend at the time just had me come along so we could all have a laugh. GOoD TiMeS :clapp:. I was even terrible at the driving range.....hitting maybe 1 out of 10, fairly decent.

So, fast forward 15 yrs and I was recently in San Diego visiting my aunt who loves to golf. She pretty much inspired me to pick up the clubs again. I'm single, do lots of active sports - Crossfit, Cycling, Mountain biking, etc...and figured this would be another good addition to keep me "active and moving". When my Aunt and i were at Golfsmith, I tried out some clubs in the indoor simulator and did pretty well. Weird. Then I bought a starter set (Lynx clubs) and then proceeded to the driving range and I was able to strike the balls. Wow. I've since been to the range 3 times and the last time I was whacking my 6 iron into the 170 range pretty consistently. Then I took out my Driver and BOOM - figured out a "good swing" and was hitting 260 to 280s. REALLY WEIRD. I NEVER used to hit like this in my younger years. I think it's because i'm more in tune with my body so I have a better understanding of the "positioning concepts".

Anyways.....then i went to Golftec yesterday for a Swing Analysis. Well, was I WRONG about my form....LOL. I was in the red for everything but one thing - body position at the time of contact with the ball. But everything before and after was RED. Hahahahaha!!!! The guy that I did have a lesson with though turned out to try and pull a fast one on me by quoting me a different price for the session - $99 on the phone and then $150 when I was paying after the class. I'm not hard up on money - but from a principle standpoint, it's just not good business. Luckily for me I got a great recommendation from a buddy of mine and I'm going to use his Pro instead.

My right arm hurts from not using it in this way for so long and hitting 200 + balls the other day, w/ improper form.....lol. No Bueno. I gotta tell you all though....I'M HOOKED and I think this is going to be a great, new obsession! :golf:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello welcome to THP and welcome back to the game of golf

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the team!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, welcome back to the game. I am in the same boat, took many years off myself. This game keeps us returning for more brutal fun

Last edited:
Thanks all for the great welcomes!!!!!! :) I researched several forums and reviews and THP seems to RULE!!!!!!! Glad to be a part of it :) ........just wish this damn arm didn't have a strain....grrrr. Can't go on the "driving range swing-fest" I'm ITCHING to go to.

Super Noob here!!!!! :) Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome to THP and glad you found us.

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome

Welcome to THP!

Be the ball!!

Welcome to the Show !

Well said Sroc and I like ya smilie skills there partner :thumb:

Back