THP Preview - Spand-Ice Back Pain Relief Aid

Cool product. Good feedback so far Morgan!

Curious to hear if long term this is better than the alternatives you've been using and worth the cost.

seems like a great idea

I'm blessed that so far in my life, I've not had an major back issues to speak of. However, I know many that do and a product like this looks like a great one to have around.

Interested to hear more on this as I also suffer from back pain quite often. I was actually doing pretty well until this past weekend so my interest is peaked.

I am going to use ice again today and then let the packs defrost and try it as heat tomorrow.

For reference to how bad my back is, I keep a heating pad in the bedroom next to my side of the bed, in the living room next to my side of the couch, and one in my office.

There are days where my back is so bad I just want to crawl in a ball and cry. The worst lately has been sleeping. I can't find a comfortable position, so I toss and turn all night long and as I mentioned earlier, I then wake up in so much pain in my lower back and again I just want to cry.

I am going to use ice again today and then let the packs defrost and try it as heat tomorrow.

For reference to how bad my back is, I keep a heating pad in the bedroom next to my side of the bed, in the living room next to my side of the couch, and one in my office.

There are days where my back is so bad I just want to crawl in a ball and cry. The worst lately has been sleeping. I can't find a comfortable position, so I toss and turn all night long and as I mentioned earlier, I then wake up in so much pain in my lower back and again I just want to cry.

Man that stinks...really hope you get some relief from this. I am not that bad but I have to crack my back first thing in the mornings and then a hot shower to feel loose and after that its still stiff but no where near what you are going through.

Man that stinks...really hope you get some relief from this. I am not that bad but I have to crack my back first thing in the mornings and then a hot shower to feel loose and after that its still stiff but no where near what you are going through.

I was in a really bad car accident when I was 16 and my back has been busted ever since. Now that I am in my 30's the effects have become more painful.

First use felt good. It stayed cold for over an hour, but was never too cold that I had to remove it for a while. I wish it would wrap around my back a little more, so far that's the only negative I have found and that's just a personal thing for me.

I wake up every morning with pain so bad in my back I want to cry. Every morning when I wake up I bend forward and my back will crack a million times and the burning finally starts to subside. I am hoping consistent use with this will help alleviate that a little.

Sadly GG - I know all about that. I hope this product works for you - I will be following with great interest!

BTW - have you had a really good chiro work on your back?

Sadly GG - I know all about that. I hope this product works for you - I will be following with great interest!

BTW - have you had a really good chiro work on your back?

No, but I have thought about doing some massage therapy. It worked after the accident, but that was 16 years ago.

GG not sure if it would help you, but if your doctor could give you a 5 day Steroid pack it could break the cycle of pain.

I told you what happened to me and how it was a godsend, I am slowly going back into the pain issues (after 5 months) but not as fast and doing a lot of yoga type stuff to fight it off. Hope the vest helps. I was told to never use heat on a bad back, but I am sitting with a heating pad right now. It just feels good for a few minutes.

GG not sure if it would help you, but if your doctor could give you a 5 day Steroid pack it could break the cycle of pain.

I told you what happened to me and how it was a godsend, I am slowly going back into the pain issues (after 5 months) but not as fast and doing a lot of yoga type stuff to fight it off. Hope the vest helps. I was told to never use heat on a bad back, but I am sitting with a heating pad right now. It just feels good for a few minutes.

I honestly haven't seen a doctor for it in years. It goes in waves where it will be really bad like it it right now, and then fine for a month or so. The morning pain is probably the worst right now.

I know I shouldn't use the heating pad as much as I do, but like you said it just feels so good for a while. I am probably doing more harm than good.

Anyhow, back to the product at hand, I plan on using it later tonight once my day is done, which is normally when my back starts to tighten up.

Hope it helps, looks like a great idea.

First use felt good. It stayed cold for over an hour, but was never too cold that I had to remove it for a while. I wish it would wrap around my back a little more, so far that's the only negative I have found and that's just a personal thing for me.

I wake up every morning with pain so bad in my back I want to cry. Every morning when I wake up I bend forward and my back will crack a million times and the burning finally starts to subside. I am hoping consistent use with this will help alleviate that a little.
I have a pinched sciatic nerve that flares up every so often. Have been battling severe pain for about 1 1/2 months now. Went to chiropractor 2-3 times a week for about 4 weeks. It helped some. I ordered one of the belts last night after reading your post. I have an adjustable bed and started raising the foot part a couple of nights ago. Used to take me 5-10 minutes to get out of bed. This morning it only took 2-3 minutes. Maybe after I get the belt, I can just roll over and get out. Remember, "getting older ain't for sissies"

I didn't use the belt yesterday, but I have it on now and it feels like sweet relief.

I will say, that the ice packs are more frozen this time and they did get a little lumpy, but still not nearly as bad as I have seen with other ice packs.

I had a tough workout today and spent 3+ hours working on some drywall so my back is shot! The parts the ice are touching feel great, but right now I wish the ice would cover my entire back and neck area, that would be heaven.

I want to try this thing so bad, at the end of a day...ice would be amazing!

My belt came today. I bought the extra ice/heat packs. Started with heat. Switched to ice. Alternating between the two. Also have a tens unit on the nerve. A lot of controversy about tens units. I only know that it works for me. Feels a lot better after 1 hr. Will know more in the morning.

I really hope this is the real deal, I quit playing for years and most of my back pain left also. However, now that I'm playing again I'm determined to fight through my back issues, this vest is now on my radar.

This is what I use right now to take the pain away, and it's pretty effective... http://hidow.com/index.php/devices/acuxp-d.html

I've been having some tightness issues just below my shoulders and in between my shoulder blades.
Would it work for either of those areas?

The pictures look like its made more for the middle and lower back areas.

I've been having some tightness issues just below my shoulders and in between my shoulder blades.
Would it work for either of those areas?

The pictures look like its made more for the middle and lower back areas.

It is just for the middle and lower back. I would love if it did the shoulders and even the neck. The entire back of my body from my neck to my tail bone hurt constantly.

I have done a lot of manual labor the past few days, plus I went to the gym this afternoon, so I am icing my back right now because it is on fire!

Hahaha. Those are different labor pains GG!

Just heard from the company and they had some really great feedback for what has been said in here already.

Regarding the freezer packs, and if they will be flat when placed in the freezer:

The packs will freeze flat when placed on a flat surface in the freezer. Otherwise, you can either set the packs on the counter for 1-2 minutes to become more flexible or if you put it in the pocket directly, it softens up after sitting in there for a few minutes and becomes malleable inside the pocket for optimum contact.

Regarding my comment about how I wished the vest allowed the ice packs to wrap around my waist more to cover my sides, where I am often sore:

The 'Recovery Wrap' product has pockets that are 4" longer and since it's a wrap vs. a tank, she would adjust it around her back to target her specific back pain area.

Finally, regarding my request for something to cover my shoulders and neck:

We are starting to work on other body parts later this year. i.e. shoulders and neck!

Im really intrigued by this and what the company is doing.

Im really intrigued by this and what the company is doing.

I would gladly volunteer to be their research for the neck one they are coming out with. My neck is almost as bad as my back, and sometimes it's even worse. I will wake up some mornings and not be able to turn my head for 2 days. I would be all over something that I could get direct contact to my neck.

I would gladly volunteer to be their research for the neck one they are coming out with. My neck is almost as bad as my back, and sometimes it's even worse. I will wake up some mornings and not be able to turn my head for 2 days. I would be all over something that I could get direct contact to my neck.

The part that stands out to me about the vest, is something simple. When I have to do ice, I must lay there and be incapacitated from other activities. You are wearing the vest and still doing multiple things because of what it allows. Pretty neat.

Back