What aspect of the Golf Industry would you want to work in?

Surprised at the pretty steady notion that working in Golf ruins golf for most, and I would definitely not want to ruin the game for myself but do those that think it ruins the game, other than being the course pro what jobs limit your time to play more than any other job? I understand that course pros tend to be there from sun up to sun down some days and it appears they don't get out and play that much golf but most other jobs probably have typical hours and opportunity to golf, do you fear you would just be burned out from the golf atmosphere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is touring pro available? As long as I could instantly gain the talent to play on tour, I'd pick that. :alien:

whatever allows me to play the game as much as possible... if there is a job like that in golf

Surprised at the pretty steady notion that working in Golf ruins golf for most, and I would definitely not want to ruin the game for myself but do those that think it ruins the game, other than being the course pro what jobs limit your time to play more than any other job? I understand that course pros tend to be there from sun up to sun down some days and it appears they don't get out and play that much golf but most other jobs probably have typical hours and opportunity to golf, do you fear you would just be burned out from the golf atmosphere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant go into detail on the other side, but I can say working in golf has led to playing less golf. I chose this path for a number of reasons, but I look at it a lot like any sport or hobby. Sometimes moving behind the curtain takes a way a bit of the ooohs and ahhhhs that you might have had previously.

The good side is the people we work with in the industry are some of the finest out there. The bad news is I took my life long passion and hobby and made it work. So there is definitely a give and take.

None, I'd rather be the guy serviced by people in the golf industry.

Nothing....my skill sets don't align to working in the industry.

When I retire, I want to move to a warmer climate like Myrtle Beach or Florida and get a part time job as a starter/marshal.
Then I can play all I want for cheap!

I'll answer a bit differently...

PGA Tour Rules Official

nadda, I'd rather play than see others enjoying a round while I work

I like golf as my hobby I don't want it ever to become my job. I enjoy playing it too much

Back