Live Update Thread & Contest - UST February Shaft Spectacular

Question for both: which shaft, or shafts, in your current set-up are you apprehensive about changing?

Also: I've gone through three iron fittings and each time I tried Recoil the dispersion area was larger vs steel. What might be causing that other than shaft weight changing?

Current driver: G30 with Xphlexxx Agera 70 S tipped 5/8", 45"

The shaft weight shouldnt have to change. If it was a weight thing, Recoil I believe goes all of the way up to over 125.

This has been great to follow:

Nate: in your opinion after everything you have learned today, what is the most important aspect when selecting a driver shaft?

Shane: what do you think UST's best technological innovation in regards to iron shafts?

I am currently playing a Matrix VLCT 60 gram stuff flex in a Cobra Fly-Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nates last two balls during his fititng with the XR 16 driver head with UST shaft were 301 and 304.

Nates last two balls during his fititng with the XR 16 driver head with UST shaft were 301 and 304.

What was his range prior to XR16?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boy do I regret not signing up for this.

What was his range prior to XR16?

I only saw one from that and it was 8.5 yards shorter.
He is still getting loft and shaft dialed in though.

That's Nate. And why he rarely needs to hit driver. What was the LA? Curious if it came up some for him?

I only saw one from that and it was 8.5 yards shorter.
He is still getting loft and shaft dialed in though.

Awesome gain will be interesting to see the distance once dialed in

I'd take 300.

That's Nate. And why he rarely needs to hit driver. What was the LA? Curious if it came up some for him?

They are working on that, but seeing his numbers, Danny is not sure he wants to take it too high due to him being steep and bring in a balloon at times.

Questions:

Shane: After the fitting, how much has changed in terms of the feel, consistency and distance on your shots?

Nate: So jealous of your drives.... 301 and 304! What do you think contributed the most for you? Spin, launch. feel and what was the length of the shaft compared to what you were playing before?

Question for both of you - how awesome was the BBQ?

Nice Texas style roll on that there sim.

Wow - trying to get caught up with this thread - I will have a good time at work this afternoon!!

They are working on that, but seeing his numbers, Danny is not sure he wants to take it too high due to him being steep and bring in a balloon at times.

Makes sense. Hard to adjust a bunch off of 304. That ball flight travels (pun intended).

Dang blasted JB now you have engaged my hard ponder mode

Finally caught up again. This looks incredible!

Nate - What new shaft was the most different from what you played previously in the same club?

Shane - In the design process were you nervous that your design wouldn't look as good as the awesome ones UST already puts out?

BigTime Nate going LOOOONNNNGGGG! Texas Long!

Nate is deep. Not quite #jspangslong, but deep!

After talking with Nate about my experiences at the Handcrafted event it is awesome to him get this treatment and a custom one off of his own. Also he could hit a shower head 300 #bigtimestripeshow

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Any video of the driver smashing available?

Big Time going BIG!!! Well done Nate.

The shaft weight shouldnt have to change. If it was a weight thing, Recoil I believe goes all of the way up to over 125.
I tried both F4 and F5 in 125g at the same length I play in my 6 iron and 7 both. Then fittings did the same with other heads. I'm trying to know of any other factors I can remove to make sure I've done all I can for getting into them.
Thanks!
Great event, by-the-way!!!!

Fitting w/ Danny was just a little bit awesome!

Back