The Putter Thread - Show Your Gear Off

awesome shape... hope it works well for you RS

Sweet RS! Can't wait to hear how it does for you!

As promised, pictures of the new Rife Two-Bar Hybrid Mallet:

004.jpg

Ive had my eye on that putter for a while Osahar. I want the belly one.

I love the feel of it, the only putter I've tried that compares is the TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Monza Spider. Can't get the hang of a belly putter or long pendulum putter though.

2979561249_7f75befae6_o.jpg

Here is my current gamer, I purchased this putter for under 200 dollars on ebay and it was in OK shape. I made the purchase with the intention of having the putter restored and was actually hoping to find a putter is worse condition to save some money.

The pictures above are fresh from restoration.

DD as you know I love that putter and wouldn't mind doing something similar. That's why I was pretty excited to see a lefty link pop up with a used Te I3 at WRX. But this thing is a disaster!! I can't imagine paying 90 bones for this one. It looks like the hosel is bent, for christsakes! How much does the reconditioning on something like this run? Is it just me, or is $90 nuts for this thing?

I don't know anything about reconditioning, but for a putter that beat up it would require a lot of work to be back into decent shape between refinishing and fixing that bent hosel. If the refinish wasn't overly pricey it might be worthwhile though.

Just picked this up today....

006.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

ATJ,
Its backwards...hehe

Looks great.

DD as you know I love that putter and wouldn't mind doing something similar. That's why I was pretty excited to see a lefty link pop up with a used Te I3 at WRX. But this thing is a disaster!! I can't imagine paying 90 bones for this one. It looks like the hosel is bent, for christsakes! How much does the reconditioning on something like this run? Is it just me, or is $90 nuts for this thing?

that should be able to be restored... Drop a line to chris or lamont at SSB and see what they say. can't quote their price but a 100 bucks should have you covered...

ATJ,
Its backwards...hehe

Looks great.

How did I fail to notice that? Guess I will just have to take it back and ask for another one.

Seriously, though, I like that head and have wanted one for some time. My old putter was waaay below the level of my game, and this one felt so natural with my putting stroke.

Now you have to update that signature.

Now you have to update that signature.

Good call. Sig is now edited- also bent my 60* to 58 and took the 56 out of my bag. This let me get my 3 wood back in. Now I don't have to rely on hammering the hybrid.

I called a local course today that has the first tee program. I have my old junior set sitting in the garage taking up space. I figured that a left handed junior set would be in relatively high demand for a program like that. When I told her it was about 12 years old, the lady on the phone told me they probably wouldn't be interested in something like that. Are you kidding me? They wouldn't take my donation! I found that to be a great disservice to some left handed kid.

ATJ,
We have done some work with them and their is a method to their madness. They try to make sure that all clubs donated are close to the specs to make them similar to the current models. 5 years back is about as far as they go.

Here is my old putter: Never Compromise Exchange 4
101_1230-1.jpg
101_1233-1.jpg
[
101_1240-1.jpg
101_1244-1.jpg

and here is my new GEL Jade, I just got haven't even had a chace to use it yet:
101_1224.jpg
101_1225-1.jpg
101_1226-1.jpg
101_1229-1-1.jpg

That GEL is purdy.

GEL putters look sooo nice!

Heres my new flatstick, Mizuno 0803. Based on the Mizuno logo on the bottom of the head, its downright ancient, but it seems to work pretty well.
It looks very much at home with the rest of my Mizuno sticks in my new Mizuno bag though!

Last edited:
Very cool Bakemono

decisions.....decisions which one do I want to 4 putt with today?

Last edited:
decisions.....decisions which one do I want to 4 putt with today?

i like that Spalding TP Mills putter in your bag. that thing looks brand new from the bottom

Been using my new to me putter for the last month now I believe. I need to post a pic here.

it looks brand new in person.Too bad I'm selling it on ebay

the bryon morgon 006 not in that bag

is that the one going for $49.99 i saw? tell me i dont spend too much time on ebay and can remember something like this, lol

Very cool Bakemono

What even cooler is that I managed to sell my Titleist bag on Ebay for exactly what the Mizuno bag cost me. :D

Back