julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
IMG_3269.jpg

Does anyone else have a Pahr shirt?

I asked JB if I could help with shipping costs (when he sent my bag) and told me to just go buy a shirt. I figured alright, I'll splurge on myself a bit even though I shy away from buying clothes online. (I've never offered someone cash, then been told "go buy something else for yourself and we'll call it even" - I like the way this guy thinks!)

There were a couple things I noticed:

-FABRIC: holy cow, I'm so excited to wear this in the Texas heat. It is SO sheer and SO light, I know it will be my go-to for summer days. (I put it in my bag today for if it got hot, it stayed chilly but I'll give it a run on the course soon.)

-PRICE: a sticking point for me personally, but I looked it up before I bought it. The ladies version of the same shirt is $45 before shipping/handling.
http://www.pahrgolf.com/mm5/merchan...tore&Product_Code=T-5844&Category_Code=Womens
On THP, he asked $40 and $5 shipping - actually saving money. I myself enjoy the personal touch of the THP embroidery (which thank heavens doesn't itch or stick out funny across the chest like most embroidery jobs do - see the picture). I had figured they'd be marked up to cover the cost of the embroidery and put some cash back into the site - I was surprised to see it was actually a deal. THP must make, like, $2 off each shirt if they do at all!

-FIT: another sticking point for me since I'm shaped oddly (is any woman shaped the same?) Again though, since it's so sheer and light, it lays very nicely and is a terribly, terribly comfortable fit.

Anyway, that's just what I found, if anyone's as nervous to shop as I was. Of course, this is all for the ladies shirt, but I bet the guys' are the same. Wondering if anyone else is sporting them and if you've worn them out yet?

Just ordered one for me and one for Jacqui last night.

Yes, hoping it fits OK. And hoping the sleeves aren't tight at the cuffs. She hates that!

Julie,
Thank you so much for the review of the PAHR THP Shirt. When we went with PAHR to make our shirts, it was not because of a "deal" or anything else like that. We auditioned about 9 different companies and we felt as though PAHR made the best ones. We figured if we had to buy a bunch of shirts, we wanted to make sure that if we got stuck with all of them, we were happy about it. And we are completely happy with them.

You are correct, THP makes next to nothing per shirt. But we wanted to be able to offer a really high end shirt to the members here that was affordable and we think we have done that. We were convinced after auditioning all of the lines to make our shirts that not only did they make the best shirt for what we were trying to do, but that their embroidery was the best we had seen.

We will continue to add things to the store and for each piece of clothing we are going to the same trouble to make sure that they are just as nice. We are using multiple vendors to make sure that every item is something that we stand behind and at the same time can be priced reasonable.

So far the response has been amazing for the people that have bought them. We hate coming on here and sounding like an advertisement, but they really are that nice and everyone seems to think so. So for that we thank PAHR golf. We knew they had a great product when we reviewed their line a couple of times over the last few months. And of course we cannot wait to review their new line coming out in a week or two.

Yes, hoping it fits OK. And hoping the sleeves aren't tight at the cuffs. She hates that!

I hope so...they're big enough for me, but yes, they pull in. I'm sure you could return it if it fits her terribly. I hate being uncomfortable when I play.

I felt that even eventhough the arms are a little fitted they are stretchy so it should fit ok. And yes, if the shirt does not fit it can absolutely be returned, we want everyone to be happy.

JB - Glad to review it! I'm not shy about sharing my opinions...:wink:

I hadn't been aware how much thought you put into it. I figured they wouldn't be cheap junk, per say, but often when things are mass produced they just are the quality they are. You know how it goes. But really, I really am very pleased, every now and then I get lucky I guess!

I'm excited for when you get more colors...I'll buy more!

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't put mine on yet. We're more than a month away from golf season, and it's just too depressing to wear stuff that far in advance. :sad: The fabric is really nice, though. We are going really far south for spring break, so I'll have to try it then.

FLorida Claire?

Julie, I've got the men's in white. Love it. Same reasons you cite: quality fabric & construction, fits nicely, looks good.

I've bought one, unfortunately haven't had the chance to wear it yet. I can't wait for warmer weather to get here.

Did you try it on MO? Does it fit properly?

So glad MO. We really think that PAHR did them right. We hope everybody loves them as much as we do.

Not yet. We are going to try and go with something a little different as far as stripes or something. But we will not be ordering more until we sell a few more of these.

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't put mine on yet. We're more than a month away from golf season, and it's just too depressing to wear stuff that far in advance. :sad: The fabric is really nice, though. We are going really far south for spring break, so I'll have to try it then.

What if it doesn't fit Claire, and you need to exchange it?

Everybody that ordered a shirt this weekend will have it shipped on Monday morning. If you did not get your confirmation PM, please contact me. Thanks.

Everybody that ordered a shirt this weekend will have it shipped on Monday morning. If you did not get your confirmation PM, please contact me. Thanks.

Did we start a trend? :smile-big:

Maybe that is the reason. But I am so glad that everybody loved them. It was one thing for us to say it. But when the members received them and started saying just how nice they were, others knew we were not kidding.

Back