Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire,
I always wondered why when you get a drivers license once you never really have to test again?????

My Grandmother is going to be 101 this year and she can technically driver if she wants to.

Some jurisdictions re-test after a certain age. And you'd think the insurance companies would push for it as well. Unless all those elderly, incompetent drivers are also uninsured.

I was wondering the same thing. Do they have "We the People" throughout the rest of the country. I think they will do a divorce for 400 bucks.

Maybe file the papers for $400, but no way could anyone resolve all the issues for that price.

Divorce lawyer is one of those jobs that has to require a cast iron gut. I just couldn't imagine it.

What is it with these people who don't turn their headlights on when it's snowing or raining? It's hard to see them when the weather is crappy. I always drive with mine on.

What is it with these people who don't turn their headlights on when it's snowing or raining? It's hard to see them when the weather is crappy. I always drive with mine on.

Kansas law requires they be on any time you have to use your windshield wipers

Studies have been done and it's easier to see a car when it's headlights are on, even during the day. My car has headlights that turn on when the car is started and I don't know why all cars aren't built that way. It's a safety issue.

(Except for the cars with those damn extra bright blueish headlights that blind everyone driving around them. I still don't understand how those are legal.)

I have daytime runners in our Volvo Harry. I love that.

Jacqui and I just came back from hitting Sam's Club and Sports Authority and there was a COP that I let in in front of me that didn't have his headlights on. Either that or his tail lights were burnt out.

Studies have been done and it's easier to see a car when it's headlights are on, even during the day. My car has headlights that turn on when the car is started and I don't know why all cars aren't built that way. It's a safety issue.

The only problem is remembering to turn the lights on at dusk, so you have tail lights too.

The tail lights don't come on with the headlights? I know when you turn on your headlights they are supposed to, but a car with daytime running lights doesn't turn on the tail lights when the car is started? I would think just because of what Claire said that they would make them both come on.

The tail lights don't come on with the headlights? I know when you turn on your headlights they are supposed to, but a car with daytime running lights doesn't turn on the tail lights when the car is started? I would think just because of what Claire said that they would make them both come on.

I'm operating on faulty memory here. When cars first had running lights, only the headlights came on when the car started. It's been awhile; someone no has no doubt idiot-proofed that one.

I loathe Constant Contact!!

A newsletter I edit finally went online at the first of the year, without my input as to how. Constant Contact is inexpensive, but a total pain in the rear. Then anchor tags don't work half the time. You can't upload PDF files, use tables, or do much formatting. My newsletter often includes forms to fill out and print, and there's no click-through ability to create them. Okay, maybe all these are add ons for extra cost, but it's not in the budget. This is totally, totally annoying.

This is scary--I went back to this and clicked on the top 50 acronyms parents need to know. Thank God my kids don't have email or cell phones yet, though lots of The Kid's contemporaries do.

Most of them are pretty straight forward, but . . .

1337 - Elite
143 - I love you
182 - I hate you
459 - I love you
1174 - Nude club

huh?

What does "elite" mean anyway (other than the dictionary definition)?

"Nude club" ???

What does "elite" mean anyway (other than the dictionary definition)?

"Nude club" ???

Elite is for gamers, meaning good. If someone calls themselves Elite they are calling themselves good.

You are a true nerd if you include that word in your name, or even say that word.

I have never heard of Nude Club before.

My wife and I use this all the time. Ann Heche was the mother in a movie where she and the kids said it alot.

Count the letters in the words:
I =1
Love = 4
You = 3

No effence, but that is just going to far as far as lingo goes. I could make that up for anything..

I= 1
Love= 4
THP= 3

Small
Is
Cool

182 = I eight two sort of sounds like "I hate you."

Why would you type 1174 and not just say your going to a "Nude Club", and who calls them "Nude Club's" anyway?

I hate when my sister fakes being sick or being injured, my mom always buys it and it gets extremely annoying.

The whole idea of texting escapes me. I don't do that well at typing on a keyboard let alone a phone keypad. As for the acronyms I'm sick of those too. Work comes up with so many of them seems like a new one everyday. Overload with all those damn initials and their meanings.WTF

The whole idea of texting escapes me. I don't do that well at typing on a keyboard let alone a phone keypad. As for the acronyms I'm sick of those too. Work comes up with so many of them seems like a new one everyday. Overload with all those damn initials and their meanings.WTF

Government acronyms are the funniest. I still recall the day my (federal) employer revamped the way it evaluated management and rolled out something called the Performance Management System--referred to by its initials. We female management types just looked at each other and shook our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back