Favorite Dog Breed

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm kind of bored right now, and I thought of this thread.

What's you favorite breed of dogs and why?

I personally LOVE pugs. I don't have one, but I'm going to get one soon enough. I like them because they are fun to play with (my best friend has 2 pugs and they are a joy) Also they have hair and not fur, and I'm allergic to animal dander.

My wife really loves rottweillers. We are on our second in 10 years. Despite the image that they portray they have been the kindest dogs I have ever owned. Loyal and very good with the family.

I really love all dogs. Growing up we had a shih tzu, old english sheep dog, lab mix, boxer/hound mix and now JB and I have a sweedish valhund. I have always loved golden retrievers beacause of their coat but really I love them all. I was attacked by a German Shepherd police dog when I was 8 so I shy away from them a little, but I kow they are good dogs, it was just a freak incident.

Man it's tough to pick my favorite. Growing up I had Cocker Spanial (Browine), Akita (Mindy), Golden Retriever (Sashta), Siberian Huskey (Nikki), some kind of Shih tzu mix (Nikki), Black Lab (Sheba), Beagle (Casey) and now I have a Bassett Hound (Grace). I was really young with the CS, GR, and SH so I don't really remember those dogs. I do love the looks of a Golden Retriever. I think my favorite breed is probably a Bassett or a Beagle. I like the Blue Tick Hounds and Blood Hounds also.

No we did not have all those dogs at the same time.

I like mutts. They are all I will ever own. (I might be tempted if we run across a full-breed in a shelter, but I prefer mixed breeds). We had a AKC Dachshund when I was a kid but every dog I ever got was a mutt.

I like mutts. They are all I will ever own. (I might be tempted if we run across a full-breed in a shelter, but I prefer mixed breeds). We had a AKC Dachshund when I was a kid but every dog I ever got was a mutt.

Im with you, we always had mutt Labs growing up and they were the best dogs. But we do have a full bread Basset, and she is a pretty awesome breed too. Lots of stretching and sun bathing and sleeping.

Growing up we had numerous Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, 2 Labrador Retrievers, and 2 German Shorthairs (hunting dogs).

Also had an American Eskimo (Chrissy), black Labrador Retriever (Raven), Chesapeake Bay Retriever (Cocoa), Dalmation (Missy), and Brittany Spaniel (Peaches) as inside pets. Yeah, we loved our dogs what can I say?

Between my fiance and I, her favorite is the dutch Rottweilers and mine is the Newfoundland. But we've decided our first dog together is likely going to be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, since our two favorites are pretty big and require a bigger yard than we currently have.

Rhodesian Ridgebacks

rhodesian_ridgeback332x_1191990677500.jpg

American Bull Dogs

American Bull Dogs

When I was doing a lot of bird hunting I had Labs. When I was a youngster growing up I had Labs, and for the past 30+ years we had Labs. Sadly, age took it toll on them all. Now I am wrangling with an American Bull Dog pup. This guy is going to be a load, but due his projected size, strength, and agility, he will make a fine hiking companion. Since we do the RV traveling thing he will also be a fine watch dog. Why this breed, and not another Lab? My daughter raises this breed and he was free....lol And since this breed is more active than a Lab, he will keep me more active.:comp:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanbulldog.htm

We also always had mutts. The only dog we had that wasn't a mutt was Jake the Old English Sheep Dog and he passed at age 6 due to liver issues while the other dogs are either still alive or lived very long, full lives. I will only get a dog from a rescue shelter, there are just too many amazing dogs out there that need a home.

Kudos to you GG! Great people consider that when selecting their pets!
I've had all sorts of dogs my entire life, many, many pets from dogs to horses. I love just about all types of furry animals and dogs.
MY American Pit Bull Terriers are by far the best dogs I have ever owned. Just intriguing the way they seem to understand things and are a large part of our family. I basically saved both from a life of crime or worse when they were pretty young. I also work as an advocate of various laws that are unjust towards their breed. I have helped friends find dogs that have been rescued. One I am really proud of...a wonderful APBT that was at local humane society for four years, he was beatup and ears basically chewed off from being abused via fighting. This poor dog, think of it...four years in a little pen! My pal ended up adopting him after working with the society as his was a hard case. He had to take him back once a month for a visit! He lived with their family for a few years until hard times forced them to move to an apartment. Found him a wonderful home in the country with their family friends. Lived happily ever after, well still does:>)
Moral of the story, along with GG's...a dog everyone deemed ugly, beat, and useless, let alone stereotypes ended up being part of a family and made it! Only thing, he had gas like you wouldn't believe!

My favorite breed is the Heinz
Have had 5 german shepards,2 dobies,a fox terrier,a beagel,a cocker spaniel,a goldern retreiver,a lab,a yorkshire ,a walker foxhound and 3 heinz ;a pit bull rodesian ,cocker dachshund,pug somethingorother
Dogless now. I've turmed into a cat person

Labrador Retrievers. They are friendly, loyal, easy to train, easy to housebreak and you never have to worry about them biting anyone.
I used to have a female black Lab and I loved that dog. If I ever were to get another dog, it would be a Lab.

Labrador Retrievers. They are friendly, loyal, easy to train, easy to housebreak and you never have to worry about them biting anyone.
I used to have a female black Lab and I loved that dog. If I ever were to get another dog, it would be a Lab.

Number 1 dog involved in biting UPS drivers
Yes we have a winner: it is the labrador retreiver

Beagles..we had one for just over ten years and she was a great pup. She was the Queen of the house. I still use a Beagle Head Cover on my driver that my sons bought for me (supposedly from her of course). She's been gone three years and I still miss hanging out with her in the morning when I get up.

Boxers and Labs for me. I have a boxer now, he's my second one. I used to train labs for hunt test/field trials and as hunting retrievers. The only problem with that is about the time one would get trained somebody would want it and I would have to start over. It finally got to expensive for me to justify the travel involved in training and running test and I got out of the game.

Lots of different breeds that I've never heard of. Keep 'em coming!

I'm a pretty big fan of Schnauzers (my mom currently has two, we had two when I was growing up). I've always thought that a border collie or blue heeler mix would be kind of cool (I want a dog that can catch a frisbee).

My wife has been campaigning for a dog for a while now. She thinks I'm mean because I won't say yes. Unfortunately, I feel we're gone too much and both work too far from home to come home at lunch for dog restroom breaks. Anyway, we have two cats, so I think we're okay for now.

i love all dogs, but my fav's have always been Beagles, Lab's, and plain ol Mutts

i love all dogs, but my fav's have always been Beagles, Lab's, and plain ol Mutts

Beagles are pretty cool to. Like I said I like pugs, I want one like this:

black-pug24.jpg

He's just soooo cute

Beagles are pretty cool to. Like I said I like pugs, I want one like this:

black-pug24.jpg

He's just soooo cute

CUTE! man, all these dog pics are making me want to get another dog. i miss having a dog around

CUTE! man, all these dog pics are making me want to get another dog. i miss having a dog around

I want a black pug SOOOOO bad. They are awesome, especially as puppies. I could give you a million pictures

i bought my ex-gf a pug when we were together....she kept him :-(

Back