ECCO Shoe Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ECCO reached out to us to review one of their new models. Here is a quick picture of what is coming up in the review.

477403545_toi55-L-1.jpg

That would be the Casual Cool II Premiere if I'm not mistaken.

• Admin
You are right Harry.

Distinctively modern, the Casual Cool II Premier offers an exciting sporty-meets-trendy look. Available in striking color combinations, the style combines ECCO’s “Lexi” street leather, textile ribbons and modern rubber detailing with all the benefits of the brand’s advanced technology. A sleek, single-density, transparent TPU outsole features a visible TPU foil color-matched to the upper.

Along with a low-profile, direct-injected midsole, a two-component leather and microfibre top-layer inlay sole on 3mm fibre foam provides extra-soft cushioning and grip. Two-colored Champ Stinger 3 cleats with the Q-Lok receptacle system provide ideal traction through all phases of the swing.

Subtly expressed on the shoe upper is ECCO’s new Four Dots logo concept. Inspired by the four, circular-formed letters of the company’s iconic logo, the dots represent quality, comfort, technology and style – the principles behind the brand’s exceptional design and craftsmanship.

Guaranteeing a level of quality that cannot be matched by any major footwear manufacturer, each shoe in the 2009 ECCO golf collection is touched by more than 225 sets of highly-skilled hands during production entirely at company-owned factories. This labor-intensive process facilitates the brand’s unrivalled attention to detail that helps discerning players look, feel and play their best.

I think I am going to get a pair of the red ones.

• Admin
First impressions after this morning are as follows. The look, is not really my cup of tea. It looks like I am going for a Soccer match rather than golfing. The comfort, is about as good as anything I have tried on. Definitely close to as comfortable to the Nike's that we reviewed a few months back. More coming this week when we wear them for a few rounds.

They do sorta look like soccer cleats -- or do they call them boots in Euroland?

Maybe its the other way around. Soccer cleats look like golf shoes.:act-up:

They do sorta look like soccer cleats -- or do they call them boots in Euroland?

They don't really look like cleats to me :confused2: But I don't call them cleats, I call them boots, well my whole team calls them boots. Also, we don't call indoor shoes, well indoor shoes, we call them flats.

But on topic, the look of these shoes doesn't appeal to me, but if the performance is there then I could learn to love the looks.

But on topic, the look of these shoes doesn't appeal to me, but if the performance is there then I could learn to love the looks.

It's a shoe, i'm not sure exactly how much if any performance can be gained from it. So long as they fit well & are comfy, then it's all good. That being said, I don't care for the looks of this particular shoe. When it comes to my golfing wardrobe, it's better to look good than to feel good:D

I'm not a big fan of the black, but I dig the white/sand combo:

39404-53582-z.jpg

Would be good in the summer with the more casual appearance of shorts.

Too bad they Casual Cool last doesn't fit my feet. :sad:

(But the Flexor line fits awesome! :act-up: )

It's a shoe, i'm not sure exactly how much if any performance can be gained from it. So long as they fit well & are comfy, then it's all good. That being said, I don't care for the looks of this particular shoe. When it comes to my golfing wardrobe, it's better to look good than to feel good:D

That's my point. Is it comfortable, do they fit well, if they are waterproof that's a plus. That, in my mind, is performance in shoes.

That's my point. Is it comfortable, do they fit well, if they are waterproof that's a plus. That, in my mind, is performance in shoes.

Gotcha, makes sense.

Ecco

Ecco

IMHO these are the best shoes on the market. If you have not tried them do your feet a favor and try on a pair.

The beige and white are nice combonatio.

I agree, that color combo is nice looking.

Are they going to send you the Ultra Performance JB?

I dont know yet Gasman. We expected them in this delivery, so I will contact them this week.

IMHO these are the best shoes on the market. If you have not tried them do your feet a favor and try on a pair.

yup... they are pretty high on my list. I couldn't believe my eyes when I picked up their world class GTX at my local ecco outlet for 150 dollars. Considering they retail at 430... for a class and traditional shoe they are nice! I can walk 36 in these and while my feet are toast at the end they dont hurt anymore or less than they would in any other sport shoe I own.

Worn these for the last few days. Comfy yes. I still do not think they are as completely comfortable as the Nike Air Zoom Elite II that we reviewed a few months back. But they are comfortable that is for sure.

Back