Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
How do you determine the degree of your clubs? I bought my clubs as a set, so it has a driver, 3W, 4-5 hybrid, 6-PW. And I just purchased a 60* LW. But my driver says 14* and none of my other clubs say what degree they are. I was just curious.

Sorry, I'm new to this, but the degree of the club is the loft on the ball?

TIA!

You can usually check the company website and under specs, it will have them. The degree is the loft of each club. Think of degrees as the face angle in simplified terms.

There isnt really a set degree that each club is. For example, some PWs are 45* and some others are 47*.
Also, GI irons typically have a softer loft than do player's irons.

Also, GI irons typically have a softer loft than do player's irons.

Really? I think it is more the opposite lately. Look at Burners and others. They are all strong lofted to get amateurs more distance.

Really? I think it is more the opposite lately. Look at Burners and others. They are all strong lofted to get amateurs more distance.
Sorry, I meant stronger, not softer. Not even sure what a "softer" loft would be. :wink:

When I'm playing well, my clubs have a masters or PHD degree. When I'm playing poorly they're high school dropouts, or at best have their GED.

KEvin

How do you determine the degree of your clubs? I bought my clubs as a set, so it has a driver, 3W, 4-5 hybrid, 6-PW. And I just purchased a 60* LW. But my driver says 14* and none of my other clubs say what degree they are. I was just curious.

Sorry, I'm new to this, but the degree of the club is the loft on the ball?

TIA!

You can always buy a gauge of your own to determine what you have. You may be surprised to find that even name OEMs have some deviation from published specs. GolfMechanix,The leading manufacturer of golf club making tools, golf tools, instrumentation and gauges. club head surveying gauges

Back