Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Long 3 Fairway - THP Review

Enjoyed the review Dan. Sounds like something I would really enjoy in my bag. Not sure where it would fit in the bag though. Driver spot, possibly.

Great review Dan! I don't personally have much need for a mini driver type club as far as gapping goes, but I am highly intrigued in the regular EX9 fairway lineup as I really like the looks and what I'm hearing about the sound of this line.

Fantastic review! I'm currently gaming a TEE 3wd and two Hybrids. All of mine are the XCG7 models (I chose an older model to save buckage) and looked at this as an experimental test. I've been impressed with the results I'm getting after making this change to my bag a few months ago. I've already been considering an upgrade to the EX9's and after reading this review I'm really looking forward to giving the Long a go.

Great review Dan! This is a very interesting club, as I used to have an exotics 13* 3 wood that I would play on rounds where the driver got away from me... it sounds like this would be a little easier for me to hit off of the tee with the deep face, but the weight forward coupled with the deep face leaves me a little concerned on what might happen on my off days when hitting off the deck.

Dan, how would you compare it to another weight forward 3, such as the GBB alpha, in terms of ease to control off of the deck?

Nice review, Dan. I love how TEE thinks outside the box when it comes to their fairways. The slip stream sole is legit having liked it on the CB Pro. Great stock shaft options as well.

Great review Dan! This is a very interesting club, as I used to have an exotics 13* 3 wood that I would play on rounds where the driver got away from me... it sounds like this would be a little easier for me to hit off of the tee with the deep face, but the weight forward coupled with the deep face leaves me a little concerned on what might happen on my off days when hitting off the deck.

Dan, how would you compare it to another weight forward 3, such as the GBB alpha, in terms of ease to control off of the deck?

I assume you mean the big bertha alpha 816? I really haven't spent much time with the Callaway to give a fair assessment but I don't think they are apples to apples.

Try not to let the weight being moved from the heel into a central position as making it less forgiving, as it really didn't move all that forward to begin with. It's just reducing some of that potential draw bias from the EX9 and leaving the weight in a good spot for overall head weighting, with the potential for change.

I didn't look at this as a driver-replacement only club, but if I gamed it for any length of time that would undoubtedly be my intentions for it.

Great review Dan. I have always had very good luck with the Exotics’ fairways. I’m looking forward to demoing both the EX9 and the EX9 Long to see which fits my game the best.

This club has found its way into my bag. Primarily a tee club producing distances around 280 for me at damn near sea level and longest at Denver altitude was about 320. It's easy to hit off the tee, with crisp sound and feel known to tee fairways. The combo brazed cup face just explodes the ball and quite honestly it has gotten me into some trouble taking familiar lines and ending up in hazard that other 3 or 4 woods have kept me short of. I've hit this off the deck exactly one time as hitting fw off the deck is not a big part of my game, but it surprised me the flight I got. Elevated much easier than I'd expect at 13° loft. The stock shaft of Diamante s+ 70g stiff has been phenomenal for me which is surprising as well. Normally I fare better with shafts producing less spin but I think it speaks to the lower spinning nature of this head. The sole weight moving to more forward and central location compared to the ex9 fw seems does its job of making this club a lower spinning bomber off the tee.

I can vouch for the s+ series in fairways. I put my s+ 60 driver shaft in my GBB heavenwood and it's fantastic. I will likely just tip it an inch eventually.

Lots of rounds with this in the bag and it continues to perform. Off the tee it's very long, almost driver distance. A bit of challenge off the deck but that's ok. If I need to hit this off the deck there better options for my game. This is a weapon for me when I feel like I must hit fairway without sacrificing too much distance

Back