What's Your Motivation this Golf Season?

I want to have fun with people who enjoy the game as much as I do!!

This for starters.

Breaking 90 to start the season, but breaking 80 at some point. Had nines of 41, 42 a lot last year, just couldn't put two together as often.

Mainly focusing on being more consistent & knowing my own game well enough to be confident in what club to hit for each distance.

Getting my youngest boy interested in golf. It would be great to have him enjoy this game as much as I do.

Playing more golf with my father-in-law. These could end at any time & I want to savor each opportunity to share that time with him.

Man I love you guys. Setting goals and working towards them. Wanting to play more golf with your kids and families.

I want to give you all a hug. LOL

Consider the thank-you button pushed on this whole thread.

I'd like to play well again in my club championship, place in top-10 in my senior tournaments, get to a 5 index and be a 1-man at Riverview in the money games.

To try to achieve that I'm working on my ball-striking with my scoring irons especially, I need to ramp up my short game a couple notches, and am working on my fitness, strength and flexibility. I also want to play as many rounds as possible against better players.

That being said, I enjoy every second with a higher handicapper, too. I just look to learn from better guys/gals when I get the opportunity.

2 major goals:
- get my handicap below 15 (which means effectively dropping more than 5 strokes)
- get my driving back to a consistent level

minor goals:
qualify for the regional championship finals
enjoy golf in spain!

Get my handicap under 10.

Win my golf league championship for the 4th year in a row!

3 goals for this year:
1. Get into another THP team event as my first ever taste at the Kickoff Classic has me wanting more and more
2. Index back under 5.0
3. Have fun while doing 1 & 2

For me I have been looking forward to this golf season ever since the season ended for me last year. My one main goal for this year is to break 80. I came close last year a couple times and would love for it to happen this season. My second goal is one that I want to work on week to week, and that is consistency. I want to be able to build on my game each week to become the best that I can be. Lastly after being selected for the THP Regional Rivalry, I obviously want to win that bad and bring HOF Tags home for my 7 teammates and I. For that event I want to bring my best game possible and leave everything I have on the course.

My motivation is playing with THPers. Having fun and finding a happy place with my game.

I just want golf to be fun again. I didn't have fun playing last year, and the first round of this year was pretty disappointing. I need to do better about matching up my expectations with the effort exerted and resources pointed in that direction.

Still recovering my game after hurting my back, it's all the motivation I need!

I want to continue to improve as I have the past couple seasons. I want to play well in regional rivalry. I want to play as much as I can and have fun doing it.

My motivation is to get my game in the best shape it's ever been. I'm not focusing on a handicap number as much as just becoming an all around better golfer. So when I get in the Grandaddy, (positive thinking) I'll be ready to help Captain Dan bring home the win!

Stinking it up at #TheGauntlet last year is driving me to get better this year. Trying to play more competition rounds for me to get my mind right so my swing comes through when I need it most.

Getting closer to a single digit cap.

Breaking 80 and staying under it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. Broke 90 last season. I understand it's a long trip from 90 to 80 but I'm all in.

Me too. Broke 90 last season. I understand it's a long trip from 90 to 80 but I'm all in.

I've been hovering between 82-88 for months now. 79 doesn't feel that far away but it sure is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becoming sub 15 handicap is my motivation.

.....plus the Grandaddy contests in the near future always helps.

1. Enjoy golf again
2. Get my game back
3. Enjoy the journey and don't worry so much about the outcome.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

My goal is to find the good swing that pops up every other shot or so and make it permanent. This will require more practice and better focus. I also want to play 50+ rounds.

I joined a new golf club, looking forward to the new course. Sub 10 hcp would be nice. Working on my pitching game. Play a lot of golf with people I like.

Reaching my potential.

I'm not close, and it's finally pissed me off. I'm lucky that I can play decently without a lot of extra effort, but that has lost its luster to me. I want to play to my potential now, just to see what that really is.

Coming back from major foot problems the past 2 years hindering my game at times. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Get to sub 5 hdcp.

I live golf and want to play the best I can. So I just try to stay sharp. My game is my motivation. This way I'm not scrambling to get ready for any one event

I am at a point where I feel like I can become more of a shot maker. I want to be confident in my ability to control my ball flights.

I have a big golf trip planned this July that I want to be playing my best golf at. 7 rounds of golf in 5 days, mostly walking with a caddie.

Also received some pretty cool UST Mamiya shafts that have me gunning for the course right now!

So far, more practice. I'm confident that more practice with my swing changes will equate to better scoring and return of my confidence. I'd like to get back to the Grandaddy (who wouldn't?) and have a shot at redemption.

Back