What's Your Motivation this Golf Season?

Misike

Live in the Present
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Being from Ohio, the real golf season doesn't really start up in full swing for me until end of March early April. I'm always ready to get back and golf after the winter, but this year I have a few extra things that are really motivating me to get back into the swing of things. I'm more ready to get back at it this year than ever b/c:

1. I have a bag full of awesome clubs from #TheGrandaddy that are screaming my name every time I go in the basement. I only got to play about 5 rounds with them until inclement weather hit this year, and I'm so excited to pick up where I left off with them. And continue providing feedback on them to the THP community. #Thejourneyisnotover

2. Regional Rivalry. This event is going to be a blast, and will help me practice with a goal in mind this year.

3. I took my first lesson at the end end of last year and was impressed with what a difference it made. Intrigued to see what continuing lessons will do for my game this season.

Anybody else have any extra motivation to get their golf season started this year?

Heck yeah...

I'm ready and have the support of my family to get my game where it once used to be. My upcoming move that will allow me to play year round has me wanting to get back into the single digits.

#DriveFor5HOF

And in all seriousness after a leas then stellar 2 years of golf that has made it less fun i want to get back to playing consistent respectable golf

21.5 to 8.5

All the motivation I need to get better

The Grandaddy is my #1 goal.

Motivation though? I had flashes of "great" last year, and I want those flashes to come early and more often. I have worked hard this winter, and soon outdoor work on my game can start again.

I want to play golf with my grandmother (in her 80's), with my brother, and with my nephews. Hopefully all in the same round. She got us into this game, and I hope to share it with my little nephews.

Breaking 80 and staying under it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My motivation for this Golf season is getting back what I once had, a solid short game. Losing that touch frustrates me. I think back to being so confident with ANY wedge in hand and now I just struggle.

I want that back.

I will get it back.

Constant improvement. Beating my PB of 83. Prepping for #TheGauntlet. Getting to as many THP events as possible. Teeing it up with as many THPers as possible. Enjoying all aspects of the game even when it's a grind!

Last edited:
This is the year that I break 90. That's the number in my mind. I don't want to be a great golfer. I just think that I'd have a bit more fun if I were more competitive.

Getting better and back to the game I had in HS and a few years that followed. I was able to play in multiple USGA qualifiers and hope to get back there this year at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#TheGauntlet

I don't know if my motivation ever changes. I'm always motivated to improve while enjoying the game, and generally grow as a player. There are rounds I'm really looking forward to this year and there is some extra motivation there to play well for those. This particular season, I'm simply trying to pick up where I left off at the end of last season and see how low I can get my handicap.

My biggest motivator is definitely RR! My first official THP event and I want to be able to say I gave it my all worked my a$$ off and shot the best I can. Other big motivator is my personal goal, lower my cap to 20 or better.

My motivation is to constantly work to improve my game.

I have a number of golf goals that I want to attain, most importantly is getting my handicap below 10.0 for two consecutive revisions (ideally, staying there).

After I was chosen for #TheGauntlet, I now have a short term goal as well as a long term goal. I hope to be playing solid, consistent golf thru the event.

Additionally, I want to have fun with people who enjoy the game as much as I do!!

My goals for the year:

* handicap index under 5
* win the club championship
* respectable showing in both league playoffs
* play in at least on THP event

If I can achieve 3/4 of those I'll be happy.

I have a few that I'm striving for this season:
- get to a 6 handicap
- beat my brother straight up for the first time in eight years
- play in a THP event and not embarrass myself with poor play!

My motivation for this year is simple. I didn't play as much as I wanted last year and my game suffered. The motivation is to prove to myself that I'm better than what I showed.

Shoot under 100 all the time. Then, aim for 95. Then aim for 90.

It seems so close. A few topped drives. A few chips that come up short. A few three-putts. So easy to correct, but so hard to keep corrected.

To do well in my club championship this year

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am looking to shoot an even par or better round this year... also to get down to a 5 hdcp, or lower...

To get ten strokes off my 100-105 rounds, so I can be more competitive with my son, son-in-law, and business-related golf outings.

To win.

Seeing my 10 year old daughter enjoy the game and improve! She is a joy, especially on the golf course!

1) Play as often as I can, like I did last year.
2) Play well in and/or win some events at my club. (some nice $ winnings possible)
3) Win our Thursday night 9-hole league.
4) Better wedge play.
5) Get my handicap (again) on the + side of zero.

Back