THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two good rounds on my honeymoon, I dropped almost a full point from 16.9 to 16.0. Making progress!

6 of 20 rounds under par will definitely do this.

Currently at a +0.4 with room to improve on iron striking. Moreso on distance than anything else. Driver is an absolute bullet. 3w is improving nicely. hybrid is a bullet. Wedges are throwing darts, and my beautiful m7 is back with only 13 putts on 9 last night.

Good things. It's time to go after that elusive 66.

Down .5 to 11.9.

I'm hoping to get a in a few rounds this weekend, but the weather is looking iffy. My game isn't where I want it to be yet, but I'm getting closer I think.

9.3 down to 8.5, played real well earlier and it will take a while to filter those scores out because last 3 round have not been good at all anywhere from 82-87.

Finally ticked back up this month, going from 5.8 to 5.3. Starting the climb back!

At an 18.0. Pretty happy about this, my goal was to get to 17.0 by end of July, but earlier in the month I was as high as a 19.6. So 1.6 points isn't a bad move. Keep the goal at 17.0 by the end of this month though and I'll be super stoked.

From 17.1 to 16.9. Baby steps...

two even par rounds and a couple more in the mid 70's have dropped me from a 5.3 to a 3.8. That's the lowest I've been in over 10 years - Woohoo!

Ugh...up .6 to 15.9. Been a rough year.

I dropped from 11.7 to 11.1, I only had a couple of scores posted for this revision since I wasn't able to post anything from last weekend.

Down to an 8.4. Still struggling a bit with putting and consistency, but I will resolve one of those soon with the SPi Cyber Coach!

12.1 & it feels good. From where I started this year to now is crazy to think about. Excuse me while I run to hug my golf pro for getting me on the right track.

12.1 & it feels good. From where I started this year to now is crazy to think about. Excuse me while I run to hug my golf pro for getting me on the right track.

I'm not surprised....and you will go lower. After I saw you hitting driver in Grapevine I knew you were headed in the right direction. Now let's work on those "in between" distances and you'll be a single in no time.

7.2 and comfortable where I'm at. I think it's where I'm playing, Moreso than the 4.6 I was at for a while. Once I get back from the wrist issue it'll be all bets off for the Bear Trap!

Back down to 4.6. Time to kick it up a notch.

15.9 up from 15.5. I feel like I'm *thisclose* to putting it all together. My stats are really improving across the board. This year I have 34.1% pars versus 38.9% bogeys. Never been that close to each other. And my doubles are down to 15.9% which I am pretty sure is an all time low too.

My swing change I think is complete for now with the full swings, really really happy with where that is so now it's time to focus on the short game. Going to put in 75% of my practice the next few weeks on wedges, my distance control with them has been awful. Also I am looking at replacing my 6hy with an iron-based head of some type. Looking at Baffler XL and the New Idea 6 hyron for starters. That single club has been killing me, and it's a distance (160-175) I find myself in just enough. Something about the weight of that one club is way off, and I cannot do much other than a push/slice. It feels too light, no other club feels that way. No other club in my bag has that problem really, which is just weird. Going to try out a few options and then see what I can buy for a single iron that fits that distance.

Down to 14.0 from 14.2. No complaints despite slow progress, I had mentally prepared myself to go in the wrong direction after missing about a month to knee surgery.

9.6 to 9.6

Zero rounds ha

I went from 11.5 to 11.4 which is at least in the right direction. Idk how I went down as I put up some big numbers 2 weeks ago but I'll take it.

Didn't have a ton of rounds - only could count one from the MC prep (and it wasn't in the top 10), since we played the formats during most of the practice, but trending from 16.8 to 16.3 thanks to an 83 I put up before I left. When I started the year, my goal was to get under 18. I'm going to change that and shoot for < 15. Still a couple months left in the season, and I think that's a reasonable goal.

Down to an 8.4. Still struggling a bit with putting and consistency, but I will resolve one of those soon with the SPi Cyber Coach!

Update your profiles sandbaggers! :alien:

Ticked up a little from 6.5 to 6.9. Only 86 rounds posted in 2014 so far.

Still trending down. Only .5 off my all time low index from last year. I have my sights set on 14.5 by years end. All is good

10519184_10152376616358401_8018573829649283930_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back