Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

I have always enjoyed watching Dustin play some great golf but guess he just doesn't have his prioties straight after he leaves the course. So who is worse, DJ taking Illegal Drugs or Tiger Cheating on his wife???

Neither, they are both human beings and we all wake mistakes.

If all this speculation is proven true, I can speak from experience that Cocaine is a demon drug. Once involved the need to chase the high is never ending. To most the chase ends when the funds run out at a particular time. In the case of the wealthy the funds are there to always chase. Performing at the level he does amazes me. Not being consistent is also a sign. I used to play after nights of the stuff and it was not good. I was able to get rid of the demon 30 years ago and am extremely proud of that accomplishment. I hope that he too can accomplish the task. It's difficult but not impossible. I wish him the best and hope he is dedicated to coming clean. He and he alone has to want it. It's the only way.

For those questioning the title of this thread, please acknowledge that there is a question mark at the end. The title is a question, not a statement.

Hope he gets the help he needs to get his life back on track. That is a much bigger issue than his golf game at this point imo.

For those questioning the title of this thread, please acknowledge that there is a question mark at the end. The title is a question, not a statement.
Exactly why I started my post as if this is proven. Innocent until proven guilty, or best in a situation like this admit and move on.

If it's true I'm not surprised and I'm sure he's not the only one.

I'm sure if he failed the drug test the tour gave home the option of either take a leave of absence or be given a leave of absence.

The PGA tour does a very good job of hiding even legal activity mainly smoking on tour by the players, the only reason they can't hide Dufner's chew is cause he has a quarter can stuffed in his lip. With that I am not surprised about them keeping this hush hush.

Hmm DJ still on the ad for the WGC Events wonder how long before he is off that ad?

IMO, what probably happen is that they gave DJ the choice of taking a, "leave of absence" or taking a suspension. It seems like DJ has failed several drug tests and it was always kept behind closed doors until now, which is certainly troubling.

It is unfortunate the he got caught up in that world. Hope he can get his head on right and refocus his sights on playing golf.

I'm now thinking this after the Willie Mac thing. Not pulling for DJ any more. Find a new career dude.

Have to agree, that moves him from a guy with a problem to a being a complete piece of garbage. There is a special place in hell for trash like that.

I thought he was engaged to Wayne Gretzky's daughter, and had his life in order. Guess you never know.

Somehow I managed to miss all the stuff about other players wives. I can pass judgement on whoever/whatever I want, that's my right. This dude is messed up. And as usually the case he probably has lots of enablers... Time to go root for a real role model...

Somehow I managed to miss all the stuff about other players wives. I can pass judgement on whoever/whatever I want, that's my right. This dude is messed up. And as usually the case he probably has lots of enablers... Time to go root for a real role model...
Seriously...spot on I'm heading back into the tiger woods fan club...whoops

That I could see happening, I guess. But the PGA isn't very transparent in their drug testing and reporting like other sports so it's really just a bunch of people guessing what is going on.

you would think with golf becoming an Olympic sport again they would all fall under their drug policy, maybe this is their way of getting him help and warning the others before the testing for the Olympics start?

When they play at the Olympics they WILL be subjected to the same drugs test policy as all Olympic atheletes and the same level of transparency , the PGA needs to get into the 20th century regarding this sort of thing let alone the 21st. The Olympic drugs tests are far more stringent than what the PGA probably uses , there maybe a few people caught out with regards to PEDs as well as recreational drugs , also I am unsure as what differences if any there is between the list of PGA and Olympic banned substances.......interesting times

It's to bad HE got himself into this mess. Sad really. All the talent in the world, and sometimes you just make the wrong choices in life. Hopefully he gets his head on straight and makes it back, only time will tell.

It's to bad HE got himself into this mess. Sad really. All the talent in the world, and sometimes you just make the wrong choices in life. Hopefully he gets his head on straight and makes it back, only time will tell.

You know I heard a great saying the other day by Herm Edwards. He said "we are a collection of our choices". The subject was Ray Rice, but that really hit me as to how true it is.

Last edited:
Three failed tests since 2009. He has been known as a big partier, sooner or later it catches up to you. I stopped rooting for him after the 2012 AT&T National when he had a bad tourney and on the last day he ignored some small kids looking toughest an autograph.

Just saw this on Twitter, hopefully this will all settle down soon for the guy

You know I heard a great saying the other day by Herm Edwards. He said "we are a collection of our choices". The subject was Ray Rice, but that really hit me as to how true it is.
Yeah, the question I heard in that same vein also hit me. We have always heard of man being a "self made". But why is it only the successful ones that admit to it?

I don't know Dustin nor do I have any desire to, but as a human being, I hope he finds whatever it is he needs and is looking for. I'll miss watching him play golf, but that's clearly not important right now.

There's probably a lot of top shelf tail out there trying to sink their claws into a bowling star. :bananadance:

Gotta be a candidate for post of the year.

What an idiot. Hopefully he gets help. Wish he would have came forward and said that, not that he was taking a personal leave of absence or whatever he said.
Yes, an idiot...

Back