What makes you change/buy new clubs?

This site and ebay. The roots of all money spending evil.

Pure joy of the game. Love trying new stuff. Only live once and golf is my main hobby. A wife that is mostly understanding. I'm also a golfer that fully understands that 95% of the time my poor strikes are my fault - not the clubs.

I think that covers it!

I always chased distance because that is today's marketing, but I found out some time ago that accuracy is key to great golf along with a really good short game and putting. So, I went in a different direction late last year that included some older clubs over brand new ones and actually I played better. I'm sort of returning to my roots in golf from the 70's. Go with what works, keep it and get to know it well and stop chasing the dream.

I've got my eye on a new SM6 K-grind w/recoil 95f3.

1. Have money to spent. 2. Curiosity. 3. Ebay, Golfsmith, Golfworks, Carlsgolfland.

What makes you change/buy new clubs?

Woods, because I believe the marketing and am willing to pay $400 for an extra 5 yards. Irons, I get extremely attached to, so they only get changed when I feel there is a genuine better option out there.

It starts with seduction. I am open to letting new clubs seduce me. After that the question will be whether we are compatible or not for a relationship. That last part is code for having the cash to spend.

Breathing oxygen makes me want new golf equipment!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boredom and envy mostly.

A complete lack of self control really...

Last edited:
New clubs..

Apart from the putter: only when they're too old, broken of worn down too much.
Putter: I've only bought new when I lost complete faith or found a deal I could not resist.

All my clubs are custom fit and custom made. They're pretty old, but perform well. I'm in the process of getting new irons (and wedges), because the current irons are fit for me in 1999 and technology has come quite far since then. New wedges because the current make up of my set has very different lofts, so the gap from 9-PW & PW to gap wedge would require different lofts.

I'm on a tight budget due to my parents divorce and me helping my mom out financially. I'd love to get myself a complete new bag of clubs, just two things I'm not sure about yet: hybrids and irons. All the others I know exactly what to get.

I have no clue what it is that's makes anyone do it but I do it a lot

Back