Blondes vs. Brunettes Football Game for Alzheimer's

Wanted to say Thank You to all who have donated. Just looked at the donation board, and currently Nerfny is the 3rd highest earner for this game. With all your help, the total raised has been $790 to this point.
Also thanks go to Nerfy for putting forth the effort to raise money for a cause that affects so many of our families.

Also thanks go to Nerfy for putting forth the effort to raise money for a cause that affects so many of our families.

that! giving is easy, going out of our way to ask friends and family for their help, that takes time and effort

Awesome to see the total climb. Just voted for the $15k. How are practices going Nerfny?

Awesome to see the total climb. Just voted for the $15k. How are practices going Nerfny?
They are a lot of fun. Next week we stop practicing as a big group and split off to just working with our teams. I pulled my quad this week. I can't wait until we start practicing on grass instead of turf so I can wear cleats and not feel like I'm slipping all the time.

We did team pictures this week so I should have that soon to put up.

Every week I hear someone else's story as to why they got involved and it really shows how big this disease really is.

I got told I was cheating with my fundraising ;) I just laughed and said you wish you had Internet friends as awesome as mine.

I got told I was cheating with my fundraising ;) I just laughed and said you wish you had Internet friends as awesome as mine.

there is no cheating when raising money for a good cause

Sorry I didn't get in lately. We had our first practice split into our teams. Stuff is starting to get real. Now that we have split into teams they want me to start practicing playing offense and defense. To say I walk out of these practices a sweaty gross mess is an understatement. Plus a group of girls and I are meeting on Wednesday afternoon at the local high school and going to run our own little mini practice. These girls take this incredibly serious. While it is all for a good cause you can tell both teams want to win.

I wanted to thank everyone if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have already broken $1,000 and be in second place overall for fundraising. A pretty damn impressive feat.

Okay now back to focusing on Microbiology.

My new tee shirt!!
ve7e7a2y.jpg

udedagur.jpg

My new tee shirt!!
ve7e7a2y.jpg

udedagur.jpg

So cool!! But how did you let the Blondes get away with top billing :) I think it would have been so funny if Blondes was misspelled.

So cool!! But how did you let the Blondes get away with top billing :) I think it would have been so funny if Blondes was misspelled.

I got asked if I wanted a shirt. I told her I wanted one that said I love blondes.

Just got home from a car wash fundraiser that the brunettes team did. We raised $775 at last count. Our team as a whole is at almost $12,000!! We have $13,000 to go to hit our goal of $25,000. Fun day hanging with some awesome women.

sunegery.jpg

Group of awesome ladies!!

Hmmmh? Has anyone seen Dean post in the past two days. Mauve someone should call to make sure he's still walking on two feet :)

Haha I'm alive. She hasn't killed me yet.

You ladies should make him carry the water buckets for that remark.

Actually he stopped by the car wash today with Lexie and the girls asked if he bring her to the game so she can be our mascot even though she is a blonde. ;)

Just got home from a car wash fundraiser that the brunettes team did. We raised $775 at last count. Our team as a whole is at almost $12,000!! We have $13,000 to go to hit our goal of $25,000. Fun day hanging with some awesome women.
That's a pretty lofty goal. If it wasn't for my sister's graduation party today, I would've stopped by. God knows I could use a car wash.

That's a pretty lofty goal. If it wasn't for my sister's graduation party today, I would've stopped by. God knows I could use a car wash.
We are doing a recycling event at Grechian Gardens on August 17th. I will post the list of what items we are accepting. We will also have a dunk tank, football toss, corn hole tournament. I think we are also teaming with the local food pantries and collecting non perishable food items.

We are doing a recycling event at Grechian Gardens on August 17th. I will post the list of what items we are accepting. We will also have a dunk tank, football toss, corn hole tournament. I think we are also teaming with the local food pantries and collecting non perishable food items.
I'll keep this in mind. Sounds like a fun day, even though I'm the worst corn hole player on the planet.

duba6a9y.jpg

Pete as promised here is the flyer of what is going to be accepted.

Well we had our first outdoor practice tonight and my cleats couldn't keep up with me.
4eraga8y.jpg

Huge shout out to Gmammas golf for their $200 donation today!!

Huge shout out to Gmammas golf for their $200 donation today!!

Thanks Nerf. Looks like you have some cleat issues!!!!

Back