Bridgestone J40 Driver Review - The Details

[ QUOTE=Six4three5;3169458]Been swinging it the last month. Although I don't think the shaft I have in the one I'm lending from Canadan right is the optimal one for me. I'm hitting it very straight. I'm excited to have my very own J40! :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Will be nice to know that one in that bag is for to ME!!! Unblemished is nice as well.

I still get looks on the range when people here the sound from a perfectly struck shot.

So who is ready to swing this on the range next Friday? I know I am!!!

Can't wait man. I think it will be a fairway finder for me.

This thing is a beast! Been gaming one and i have to say its awesome driver and can contend with any 2014 line

This thing is a beast! Been gaming one and i have to say its awesome driver and can contend with any 2014 line

I agree with that. Still have mine and it's one of best performing drivers for me. The entire J40 lineup can challenge anything from this year IMO.

This is a huge statement. I can't wait to get mine in hand

It has been a wonderful driver for me as well. I'm anxious to get one in my hand that was built for me too!

JM

Bridgestone J40 Driver Review - The Details

Man the J40 445 9.5 and Tour AD-DI 6s was a beast this weekend. I thought I had a love affair with the 12*...not any more. I was hitting the ball farther off the tee than I ever have this weekend. Just a great combination. #FairwayFinder

Man the J40 445 9.5 and Tour AD-DI 6s was a beast this weekend. I thought I had a love affair with the 12*...not any more. I was hitting the ball farther off the tee than I ever have this weekend. Just a great combination. #FairwayFinder

I heard you hit it very well. True Blue sets up well for being able to rip it with the driver.

I know a certain Johnny Fairway had great success with his new combination as well. The J40 continues to impress.

When the J15 comes out does everybody think a big price drop will be in order? PGA SS still has these at $400.

I heard you hit it very well. True Blue sets up well for being able to rip it with the driver.

I know a certain Johnny Fairway had great success with his new combination as well. The J40 continues to impress.
Add me to the list of people who love my j40 driver. Thing just works and sounds great.

Add me to the list of people who love my j40 driver. Thing just works and sounds great.

You hit that driver really well.

I noticed a lot of BStone guys really striping some drives. Fun to watch.

Rumor has it you hit one on 4 at True blue saturday that hasn't landed yet

Still keeping my eyes peeled for a 12˚ one of these... May just wait for the new line.

I have seen JeffJohn hit in person and he absolutely murders the ball.

Just put my 445 9.5 back in the bag today. Such a great feel to it, even though I have a hard time keeping this thing left. Baby fades all day long that go further than a draw with my 910D2. If I can learn to control it, I will be very, very happy.

Still keeping my eyes peeled for a 12˚ one of these... May just wait for the new line.

I have seen JeffJohn hit in person and he absolutely murders the ball.
Have you tried the 10.5 vs the 12 or just speculating you need the 12? Got fit for a 10.5* but had 9.5* in the MC and was booming drives.

One of my favourite things about the j40 is the ability to manipulate the ball. Usually the clubs I put in my hand have a tendency to go in a certain direction, but with the j40 I feel like I can hit a draw or a fade on command quite a bit easier. Add on the heavier ahina 70x shaft pairing in my Morgan Cup driver, and I am very pleased with the strike quality.

One of my favourite things about the j40 is the ability to manipulate the ball. Usually the clubs I put in my hand have a tendency to go in a certain direction, but with the j40 I feel like I can hit a draw or a fade on command quite a bit easier. Add on the heavier ahina 70x shaft pairing in my Morgan Cup driver, and I am very pleased with the strike quality.
Someday you'll be Fupy long with it.

Was not disappointed in the least with my J40 paired with the Fuji Fuel shaft. Picked up some more distance and better dispersion as well. I like low spin! Thank you Bridgestone!

Johnny Mojo

Dan, what did you have in there before? How does the ahina compare to the AD-DI for you?

The 80x has been an interesting experiment so far--definitely the heaviest shaft I've had in a driver before. It could just be my imagination, but it does feel like I am getting less "twisting".

Dan, what did you have in there before? How does the ahina compare to the AD-DI for you?

The 80x has been an interesting experiment so far--definitely the heaviest shaft I've had in a driver before. It could just be my imagination, but it does feel like I am getting less "twisting".

Just more penetrating flight, really. The Ad-Di 7x is a great combo, it's just naturally higher for me.

Just more penetrating flight, really. The Ad-Di 7x is a great combo, it's just naturally higher for me.

I almost went for the AD-DI 8x because I hit Kang's so well, but the between the fitter's recommendation to with the ahina and wanting to lower ball flight as well I went in that direction.

I almost went for the AD-DI 8x because I hit Kang's so well, but the between the fitter's recommendation to with the ahina and wanting to lower ball flight as well I went in that direction.

I can't blame you for doing that.. And the way you hammered that club this past weekend, I'm really glad you did. Bombs, my friend!!!

Back