Walk or ride poll

• Ride

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • walk and carry

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • walk with some type of cart

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters
I will almost always ride, I walk all day for work so I like to ride when I golf. But if I am going out as a single I will walk with my Clicgear.

Walk whenever practical, usually with a pull/push cart. Better exercise and more relaxing for me. But if the course isn't conducive, I have no problem riding.

My course is about 50% walk and carry or caddie, 35% push carts and 15% riding carts. I use a push cart and have logged anywhere from 6.4 to 8.0 miles per round.

I've come to really enjoy walking, though some courses are rough for me. I do ride a few courses around here that are just too brutal to walk. I'm hoping to get myself back to the shape I can handle most anything out here.. except shuksan, eff that. haha

Freakin right haha. SCREW THAT.

In my area, walking would be near impossible.
The two courses we play the most have a quarter mile in between holes on multiple occasions.

Sounds like excuses to me...

During the week, I walk. I prefer to walk, it's better and healthier, can't play as quick, but I'm usually waiting on people anyways.

Weekends, due to most course policies and whatnot usually ride.

Also this depends on the course as well if it is a good walking course or not, there are a couple that are pretty tough to walk.

I split mine because it depends on the season. Right now with the sun, heat, and humidity in TX I'm riding most rounds. But I very much prefer to walk. For some reason I like it better. I guess I feel more connected to the course, more focused on my game, and I generally stay a bit thinner when I'm walking regularly. All good things, of course, but I can't do 18 holes walking at 102*F :(

I walk whenever I can. Almost always at home course. When away ride more as I may be only one walking. For me I find when I walk I play much better. Don't have the hurry up and wait issue. I can prepare for next shot while approaching ball.

Ride but I may start walking in the fall and off season months.

Walk and carry. Very easy to do around here.

I try to walk but if I book with Golfnow they are almost all riding deals.

I prefer to walk, but I often book on GolfNow, where a cart is included. Additionally, many courses have rules like "no walkers before 2 pm." Ill-advised in my opinion, but I often run into it.

I use a clic gear and love it!

Too many knee surgeries(5) make it almost mandatory for me to ride. I can walk the flatter courses, but if there are hills involved, forget it.

Walk with a pull cart normally, but will rent a cart when I bring my son along. A full course is just too much walking for him.

I'd walk more but it's too darn hot most of the year. I do have a clicgear that I like to use when it's cooler out, anything under 80 degrees is fine for that. My left knee tends to flare up a bit when I walk 18 as well so I can't do more than one round before taking a couple days off.

For pure enjoyment of the game I do think that walking does add some enjoyment, so I do prefer that experience when I can.

I walk the majority of the time unless the course is slammed and you need to ride to keep pace. Reason being I feel walking gives me the time and focus for each coming shot. It's not just hop in get there and what do I do now it's walk over to my ball thinking of the next shot, weigh my options and make a choice. I also just seem to be able to concentrate more when I walk. And the exercise isn't bad either.

I don't get to play a lot, so I walk when I do. For many of the reasons the OP stated, but mostly because I enjoy the walk and the pace I play it while walking. Still under 4 hours, but I don't feel rushed and can maintain a steady pace.

Walk. I'd walk if carts were free and I avoid course that are designed to necessitate riding.

As I own my own cart I tend to ride most of the time, however in competitive play (walk) or preparing for it I find walking gives me a feel for the course, not a huge fane of walking the hilly courses and most of the international courses I play are carts only - thankfully in some cases like Plantation in Hawaii - i'm sure that there was one green to tee that was over 3/4 mile up and down Hawaiian hills

Walk almost all the time. In poor weather I'll take a push cart if it will hold an umbrella.

One and three.

My absolute preference is to walk and carry; however, since I laid out $200 for a Clicgear (2 actually) I voted for walk + push cart. I ride a lot too...as my dad refuses to walk and I like playing with him so....

At the local county courses, walk and carry. I have one of those Tour Trek Sunday bags Golfsmith was blowing out last year and can carry up to the full 14 clubs without it actually weighing that much. The county courses are pretty short too, and only 9 holes.

At a full length 18 course, walk and carry or walk and pull dolly. If the holes are close together, carrying is fine. If it's a longer course with bigger gaps between the holes, then pull dolly is helpful.

A couple times per year I play with my dad and brothers. We use the carts then because not everyone plays enough to be up to walking and carrying.

I don't like the carts nearly as much as walking. I like the more gradual pace of walking and the mild downtime between shots that walking brings. It's a much more organic, connected game then. Using the cart to me feels like speeding around, rushing between shots. I also find I lost more balls using the cart method because I cannot always just follow the track of the ball like I can on foot.

Back