Cure Putters Demo Day - Williamsville NY - Sat March 5

I checked out the Cure putters. I told him I had my eye on the new CX1 in Platinum. Initial thought, Holy crap this thing is bigger than I was expecting. Started rolling just a few and not doing great with it and he took it from me and handed me a RX3 and said this is the one for you. I'm thinking ok I only rolled a few with the other, how can you know this is the one? Well the size would take getting used to but I have to admit I was dropping them in the cup pretty consistant. As per JB's question, would I game it. I would like to give one a go to see how I would do with it. If it helps me put the ball in the hole I would game it. I try to keep an open mind and give stuff a fair chance to familiarize myself with it.

Good to see some of the THPers there today.

Thanks for all the updates. I definitely missed something by not being there but you guys helped a lot!

Great stuff guys. I can tell you it will take a miracle to kick my Cure putters out of the bag.

Curious as to Maddog's experience and thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't try any of the Cure putters as a putter is the last thing I need right now. I did try some drivers, notably the M1, Ping G, Titleist 915D3 and two Bridgestone drivers. All were quaiity products, but I really liked the new Bridgestone JGR. All in all, it was a very well represented demo day.

Nice to see all the guys today,

I stopped by to try out the Cure putters today. I putted a few balls with the RX3, but didn't really like the feel and results were mediocre. But then came a black CX1 and couldn't believe how much I loved it. At first I was a bit surprised by how large it was, but the balance was terrific, the feel was just right, and it just performed. Even on sight mishits results were great. I went into the pro shop with a bigger putting green and compared the CX1 to every other putters I was interested in. Nothing was even close. My distance control was unreal with this putter. The friend I was with said if I don't buy one, I'm an idiot! It's been on my mind all day.

It was great meeting my fist fellow THPers maddog and Six4three5 at the demo day. Both seem like great guys and I look forward to playing some golf with them this season.

Had to bring the little guy with me so it was tough to demo much of the equipment. I rolled the Cure CX2 and got some swings in at the Bridgestone booth (thanks maddog701).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Only on THP would you entrust your loved ones with someone named maddog :)

Glad you all made it out there, some great thoughts on the putters and fitting, looking forward to hearing more about this.

I stopped by to try out the Cure putters today. I putted a few balls with the RX3, but didn't really like the feel and results were mediocre. But then came a black CX1 and couldn't believe how much I loved it. At first I was a bit surprised by how large it was, but the balance was terrific, the feel was just right, and it just performed. Even on sight mishits results were great. I went into the pro shop with a bigger putting green and compared the CX1 to every other putters I was interested in. Nothing was even close. My distance control was unreal with this putter. The friend I was with said if I don't buy one, I'm an idiot! It's been on my mind all day.

It was great meeting my fist fellow THPers maddog and Six4three5 at the demo day. Both seem like great guys and I look forward to playing some golf with them this season.

Man that is the same thoughts I have with the CX1. I have four rounds in with it so far and I've had 3 good putting days and one bad. Great so far.

I brought my Ben Hogan putter to the CURE booth at demo day. He was excited to do a head to head comparison.( He said I was one the few that did this). I used his sensor on the putter grip for 3 strokes with mine. 2.5 upstroke and slightly closed on 1 stroke and square on 2 strokes. He stated He could fix it. He put the cx1 in my hand, 2.7 upstroke 1 stroke slightly closed and 2 square. He said I should try the cx2 next. 2.5 upstroke 3. Strokes were square. He said I have a very consistent stroke. The cc2 was heaverier than I like but it had the full compliment of weights in the head. I was shown how to remove the weights. It would take sometime to find the right weight setting for me. Over all the feel was comfortable in my hand but I would change the grip to my ping style. Depending on how much lighter I could make the cx2 would determine if I would give it a chance. I would consider using the CURE cx2 platinum!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I also hit the Callaway mackdaddy pm grind 60* wedge, I liked this club very much has 3 hits of the flag stick out of about 20 shot at the 30 yard target. I think the cup was smaller than regulation, w of the 3 that hit the stick should have dropped....lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That's awesome. Sounds like you are ready for the THP event.

Unfortunately I'll be on a trip to Myrtle Beach at that time. I'm very disappointed but will be following closely. I'm sure it will be fantastic...and so close to home too...

Glad you guys were able to make it to the Cure booth and get some time in with their new products.

Would have loved to be there to see how those new CX putters compare to my beloved RX3F.

Genuine question.
Would you game one?

Sorry just getting back till today. Got busy testing out other products and then the phone ended up dying and had a busy day. I was talking with Maddog about it on the way home from the Demo Day. Honestly I'm not sure I could game the RX line. It is really really big at address and I'm not sure I could get comfortable enough with it to putt confidently with it. Also the weight was intimidating. I felt like I was going to kill the putt every single time and left it sort. The CX line tho I think I could get comfortable with after sometime with it. The size and sound is much more conventional and something I'm more "used" to so to speak. I've gotten pretty comfortable with a plumbers neck style as well so it would take a lot of time for me to be confident it with in my hands.

Good stuff so far, thanks Six4three5.

No problem Randy!!

Back