Nike FlyKnit Chukka Review Thread

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
4f481613fdc82c792cb4e4df9a6f1ef9.jpg

Nike released their Flyknit Chukka golf shoe recently and I was able to secure a pair for review. The Flyknit chukka is a departure from a traditional golf shoe. From the high top design upper, to the 360 water proof covering along the base to the molded, spikeless sole. This shoe strays away from the line of tradition.

Nike has never been one to follow status quo so this shoe doesn't surprise me in the least. But I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and extreme mobility I felt during the round. The shoe, as design, moved with my foot. Most golf shoe are moved by the foot always leaving some play, at least for me. These shoes took every uneven step in took across the course. I felt more in touch with the turf than I ever have. I've always felt I was standing on top of the ground, walking a bit taller. The Flyknit made me feel like I was connected to the turf.

2343304519ec57cd6b12bec36079a44b.jpg

The Flyknit has, as far as I can tell, a built up toe area. This is where I felt most of the pressure on my foot. The rest of the shoe wrapped comfortably with even support thru to the ankle. The combination of both wrapped my foot like no other golf shoe.

The Flyknit fabric is porous by design so the 360 waterproof skin was needed to keep the foot dry. This only adds to the support all while keeping your feet dry. I also feel it adds to the over all look of the shoe.

dd293b3dc7324f41a1ebcfd45d28a79c.jpg

Out for the box these shoes were golf course ready. There was no ache in the arches or discomfort from breaking in a new pair of shoes. From this moment I put them on at the house, to the course, during the round and back home, my feet felt comfortable and secure. I think the first time out was a success. I'm looking forward to a few more rounds and more feedback.

0c33d432192abd5ed195db040dc98309.jpg

Awesome Freddie. Can't wait to see these in person.

Nice initial thoughts Freddie. I like the look of these shoes. They look like they are pretty lightweight, is that so?

Great write up Freddie. Definitely will need to see these in person, but I like what I'm hearing.

Nice write up Freddie. I cant wait to see these in person. They really have my interest

Can't wait to try these out. Love the look.

Great thoughts Freddie. Really excited about these.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The black and blue colors are available for order at Golfsmith. $189.99

Freddie, what socks did you wear with your's?

Nice review Freddie. These sound and look interesting.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I like the look of them for some reason, I can'T wait to see them in person

Nice review Freddie! Any comparisons to other shoes in terms of flexibility? I've been in the TW's since they came out and love the flexibility in the sole those give me. These look like they'd bend and move pretty freely as well.

My wife would love for me to get these. She has been trying to get me to buy the flyknit running shoes for years. I still don't care for the flyknit look, so at 190 these definitely aren't for me.

My wife would love for me to get these. She has been trying to get me to buy the flyknit running shoes for years. I still don't care for the flyknit look, so at 190 these definitely aren't for me.

Because Flyknit runners are cool, Wake. All the cool kids wear them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Freddie had these on yesterday in our round and said they were nothing but comfortable. Didn't have any slippage issues or any break in period required.

different strokes for different folks. these are not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great initial thoughts Freddie. Going to follow along and see how they hold up over the weekend at RTJ

Great initial thoughts Freddie. There will be a pair of these in my closet. Are they true to size?

Feel like they should be used more for softball or flag football than golf

Nice, can't wait to see them in person!

Thanks Freddie! If they are as comfortable as you say they are then I might bust these out come July! Need a good walking and playing shoe by then!

Great thoughts Freddie, and these look much better on someone than pics alone.

I may wear these tomorrow.

I really want a pair of these now for some reason... I don't think I will spend 200 bucks on them though

Nicely done Freddie. They definitely are appealing to me although I'm not too sure about the hi-top portion. Will check them out in person when they become available.

Back