2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Is the camera on on the 8th hole second shot being operated by a fan?

It appears as if Bubbalicious has scraped his way off of DFL for the time being, thanks Bubba, much appreciated!

I prefer the Amen Corner coverage to the featured group.

I prefer the Amen Corner coverage to the featured group.

Watching the same group when they're pretty much out of it gets a bit boring. I agree.

That camera man would be like P4B running it.

Maybe you guys talked about this while I wasn't around earlier.....but what do you guys think we'll see from DeChambeau today? Tough conditions and the weekend at the Masters where he's on the first page of the leaderboard. He seemed literally unaffected by the moment yesterday until the 18th tee. I for one cannot wait to see what he does. He's as unorthodox as they come but man he sure is intriguing at the same time. I hope to see him do well.

Maybe you guys talked about this while I wasn't around earlier.....but what do you guys think we'll see from DeChambeau today? Tough conditions and the weekend at the Masters where he's on the first page of the leaderboard. He seemed literally unaffected by the moment yesterday until the 18th tee. I for one cannot wait to see what he does. He's as unorthodox as they come but man he sure is intriguing at the same time. I hope to see him do well.

I think he will do okay. In fact I would argue he would do better here, than other courses on tour. Like Spieth, he is not crazy aggressive, and more cerebral and when conditions are set up for that, like Augusta is this year it suits them.

Didn't know it was even possible for Stenson to hit a wedge that badly.

You mean it was zoomed in on hot chicks in the gallery???

More like quick turns so they could hear the person to the side and a bit confused. :D

I think he'll really do well. He's an amateur still so he really has nothing to lose. He seems pretty cool under pressure too.

It appears as if Bubbalicious has scraped his way off of DFL for the time being, thanks Bubba, much appreciated!
Much more interested to see if Jeff Knox is beating him.

Not even sure trying to putt this is the best way to do it. (for Stenson)

Love the chip from on the green

Based on his finish yesterday I don't see him under par today. He needs to be pretty much flawless today

If I tried to pitch it off the green is skull it for sure.

Not even sure trying to putt this is the best way to do it. (for Stenson)

Love the chip from on the green

HATE the chip from the green. shouldn't be an option.

That was odd, Adam Scott walked all the way around the bunker to find a rake while Steve Williams stood there watching, must have had a club disagreement or something made Adam get the rake since he didn't listen.

Interesting takes on DeChambeau, but personally I kind of think we're all right in a way. Under par in my opinion isn't happening, but would a 74 be a bad round in these conditions? I don't think so. I highly doubt he's going to win this thing, but I would expect him to hang around roughly where he's at and maybe tomorrow in easier conditions he can wind up with like a back door top 10 or 15, maybe enough to get another invite back next year.

How do you feel about using a putter off the green?

fine. it doesn't take a chunk out of a surface where there should never be an expectation for a crater that could affect your ability to hit a shot. there is no reasonable expectation for there to be a massive divot in a green. henrik took a divot. sometimes you gotta take your lumps. make it a penalty.

fine. it doesn't take a chunk out of a surface where there should never be an expectation for a crater that could affect your ability to hit a shot. there is no reasonable expectation for there to be a massive divot in a green. henrik took a divot. sometimes you gotta take your lumps. make it a penalty.

If they don't want it, they should make them all round.
It goes back to my same theory of ground under repair.

I missed his tee shot on 18. Did he hit the trees right in front of the tee box?

I almost didn't even see Lahiri with those camo pants on.

If they don't want it, they should make them all round.
It goes back to my same theory of ground under repair.

you always have options. nobody guarantees you an easy lag, so you made need to putt far away from the hole. just because you hit a crappy approach doesn't mean you have the right to gouge a chunk out of the green and not give it an ability to recover in an area where they may want to putt the hole later that week.

it's also why I think the green on #6 at riviera and any other similar design is silly.

They don't always make a divot. I've seen some pretty clean chips on the green (on tv of course.)

Back