The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Is Tiger allowed to play the Web.com Tour playoffs? :tongue:
He has lifetime exemption on the PGA Tour, since he has 20+ career wins. He may even have lifetime exemption on the Euro tour.

There's no neutral with him. Either 0 or a 10 lol

Meh, people get "sick" of a lot of athletes, teams, etc when they are either dominant and always on tv or on the decline and still getting too much coverage (TW).....just like tennis players, sports teams, race car drivers, etc.........there are a lot more 5's out there like me we, just don't chirp up as loud as the others.

There are plenty that are able to see both sides
I've encountered just a few haha and that includes myself. If there's plenty id like to meet them good sir.

I... I think so?

I'm sure I'm the first person in the history of all things ever to joke about it on the internet.

What value does a post like that add to this thread? Honest question here.

There are plenty that are able to see both sides

Very true. However looking at it from the middle does not "help" the detractors or the fans so they make loud noises.

Yikes Tiger. Shank.

The Tiger Tease was strong this week. Fun while it lasted.

The Tiger Tease was strong this week. Fun while it lasted.

He did play well enough before the dreaded "other" to make me think he may just win again. I had totally given up on him over the last 2 years.

Pity, he's shown signs of turning it all around but in the end it's the same thing we've been seeing for a while. I truly hope he can find a way to string 4 rounds in a row in the near future.

I was so excited to see that Tiger resurgence. Then it ended. Dang

What value does a post like that add to this thread? Honest question here.

10,058 replies to this thread do you think all of them add some sort of value? Honest question.

The only thing worse than the tiger super fans is the tiger haters. I'll never understand the "passion" on either side
I actually think it's simple. Tiger gets an OBSCENE amount of coverage. Some enjoy it. Many think it's annoying.

...and when you shove something down the throats of the viewing public, many will become annoyed simply by the name.... and now that he kind of sucks in comparison, it's even more annoying.

For what it's worth I bet a large chunk of the "haters" don't hate tiger, but rather the slobbering obsessive coverage of him.

I actually think it's simple. Tiger gets an OBSCENE amount of coverage. Some enjoy it. Many think it's annoying.

...and when you shove something down the throats of the viewing public, many will become annoyed simply by the name.... and now that he kind of sucks in comparison, it's even more annoying.

For what it's worth I bet a large chunk of the "haters" don't hate tiger, but rather the slobbering obsessive coverage of him.
So Tiger = Tebow

So Tiger = Tebow

I would never say that. Tiger has proven himself to be a winner on the biggest stages......the other not so much.

So Tiger = Tebow

I think Lebron James is probably a better comparison. ESPN would talk about him all day if they could.

Wasn't tiger actually good at his sport at one time?

This is coming from a Georgia fan but Tebow was pretty awesome in college, pros not so much.

So Tiger = Tebow

Maybe in media coverage. The hatred of Tebow is pretty funny actually in some ways. It shows how little "character" actually matters in sports. I say that not relating it to TW, but NFL and their troubles overall with some athletes.

Wasn't tiger actually good at his sport at one time?

Arguably the best college football player ever. I think his playoff record wins are similar to Romo as well.

Maybe in media coverage. The hatred of Tebow is pretty funny actually in some ways. It shows how little "character" actually matters in sports. I say that not relating it to TW, but NFL and their troubles overall with some athletes.

Arguably the best college football player ever. I think his playoff record wins are similar to Romo as well.
Precisely.

Back