Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Enjoy the time outside with good friends

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Winning the match

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
#4 and #2, Being out and enjoying the weather and friends it great, striking the ball well is the added bonus and makes it more enjoyable.

The best times I've had on the course have to do with being with good friends and having fun. Playing well or posting a good score is only secondary.

Even if I'm alone, it feels good to be working on my game, being outdoors and getting exercise.

In tournaments, grinding and grinding to post a good score isn't exactly "fun". Accomplishing a difficult task always involves how much I'm willing to go through to attain my goals, and that doesn't sound like fun.

I voted for striking the ball well.

I absolutely love my time with my golf buddies, but it can stink when you are hitting it miserably.

I believe satisfaction is a short term thing. A momentary indulgence. Like a candy bar. Posting a good score is rewarding, but it isn't satisfaction for me. I know I'm splitting hairs.

Most satisfaction for me, smashing a drive down the fairway. I love the little burst of pleasure that comes with taking a chunk out of a hole.

I believe satisfaction is a short term thing. A momentary indulgence. Like a candy bar. Posting a good score is rewarding, but it isn't satisfaction for me. I know I'm splitting hairs.

Most satisfaction for me, smashing a drive down the fairway. I love the little burst of pleasure that comes with taking a chunk out of a hole.

I guess that would be "other" ... or I should have added that one too!

Always good to be hitting the ball well. But having fun is most important.

Uhh oh! We are in a tie! #2 & #4 are pulling away from the pack.

I voted #2 which should lead to #1 which increases #4.

So being that it's in the middle of winter for most of us, it gives me time to reflect on my game, reassess it, and where I want it to be. For the most part, I rarely think about scoring. I like to get out, enjoy the weather, the company of friends, etc. But when I think about getting better, I think about the mechanics of the swing and my technique.

My father's famous saying growing up was "it's not HOW, it's HOW many" or "there are NO pictures on the scorecard" ... meaning it's the score that matters most, not how you attain it. But I would rather hit the ball well & score poorly than hit it sideways & score well. I love the feeling of a solidly struck shot ... that's why I have always played forged clubs. The feeling when you know you have pured one that doesn't leave the flag is unlike any other.

So my question to you is, what gives you the most satisfaction?

1. Posting a good score?
  2. Striking the ball well, hitting fairways & greens
  3. Getting up & down, and putting well
  4. Enjoying the time outside with good friends.
  5. Winning the match
  6. Other

Thoughts?
For me it's 4 followed closely by 2. Posting a good score shows that most of your game is working, but going out with a bunch of buddies just adds that much more to the round.

1-3 go hand in hand.

For me it's posting a good score. I always have fun while I play no matter the score. But it's more satisfactory if I score well. I know I will have 1-2 blow up holes so I know they will be coming. If I shoot a good score and still have those makes it really satisfying. If I shoot a good score with no blow up holes, it's the most satisfying to me. Means I played pretty well then for all 18 holes not just 16-17 of them.

#2 is starting to pull away :golf:

Time outside with good friends does it for me every time!

Time outside with friends first and foremost. For many decades it was about posting a good score but I'm wiser now!

I voted #2, good time with friends would be second for me. The other two will come if #2 is working well.

I seem to be alone on this, but I went with winning the match!

I love posting a good score, because I'm striking the ball well, hitting fairways & greens, getting up & down and putting well. Plus, if I'm doing all of that it doesn't matter if I'm by myself or with others, I'm going to be in a good mood.

If I feel like I am sticking the ball well the rest takes care of itself.

Playing with other's and being outside tops everything.

The time I get to spend outside golfing with friends is what I cherish the most. Its the reason I golf, for the enjoyment. Posting a great score is awesome but I would rather shoot terrible and be with friends and enjoy the time than have a great round alone.

I enjoy playing with friends and having a good time but I get a ton of gratification from striking the ball well, it lets me know my ivestment in practice is paying dividends and you simply can't buy that, you have to earn it.

I guess it all depends on the format of play, but it's always a satisfying feeling to win, wether it's an early close out, or an extra hole close match win.

I love hitting the ball well but there is nothing more satisfying than putting up a good score when your A game doesn't show up for the day.

I love being out on the course with my friends and especially my old man, but nothing is better to me than hitting a pure iron shot. Doesn't matter if it's on the course or range for me either. That feeling of effortless-ness and holding the follow-through and watching your ball do exactly what you envisioned? Nothing better for me. It's my drug honestly. That's a high for me.

For me I'm satisfied if I go out play a good round and I'm smart with my play. Score doesn't really matter as long as I don't add extra strokes from poor decisions.

Back