MI/OH and Anyone Else 2015 Gathering - August 29th

um no..

I do like Maumee Bay though
Ahh i was only looking at Toledo courses and figured if its any in Toledo it had to be Inverness. Maumee is solid and Oregon is just outside of Toledo so not a bad location

My quick recap...

Arrived to the course early sat only to see the white van being loaded with gear. I followed the guys over to McD's where I met CJ, GolfinFF, Sparksjr, Eliterate and Nick and then headed over to the course. Saw some familiar faces as I started unloading my gear and headed up to the range. Upon first glance the course looked really nice. They had a nice driving range area and a view of the course from above.

I was paired with LordByron, Sparksjr and Robozeo. It was great catching up with Byron and seeing the 2 Grandaddy bags side by side in the cart brought the memories flooding back. Sparksjr and Robozeo are both great guys and we had some good conversations and some decent to mediocre golf by all of us. I like to shout out a big thanks to the ranger who informed us on the par 5 to stay to the right and that the tree was only 230 out, that was extremely helpful! Yeah maybe from the senior tees! and when he said right he really meant left! LOL.

After a quick turnaround I played the second 18 with Lafayette, Robozeo & Xhail. It became pretty apparent in the round early on that none of us were going to challenge anybody for any sort of prizes and we just flat out had a great time out there. There might be a ball still in the out on the side of the road in front of McD's I think it was after that hole Xhail started putting one handed with a beer in the other lol. We hit the ball around the course and laughed often. Pulling up to the 18th tee and seeing all the THP group sitting around the green was cool, but seeing the flag in the bunker behind the green was hilarious. We actually talked about hitting at the bunker on our approach shots and calling it an automatic birdie.

Dinner at a local BBQ joint which was decent, but really small portions then the brilliant idea of ColdStone. Seeing a bunch of guys walk in and take over an ice cream shop was pretty funny, but not as funny as what took place outside. Robozeo drove us back to the hotel and headed up to the room. Alex and I talked for a few, but we were both pretty exhausted and called it a night.

Sunday at the Lakes of Taylor I played with OITW, tpluff and Brock. We had a great time out there and saw some really good golf shots. Alex found a green side bunker on almost every hole I think but he is a sand save machine. Tyler was on point as usual and I played pretty consistent all weekend with 82/84/80, had a few disappointing swings here and there but my putting was less than desirable once again. Went to Hooters for some lunch then headed back home. I had a great time this weekend, looking forward to see some of you guys at Disney in a few weeks!

Final thoughts...

A suggestion that we all talked about during the second round as everyone was pretty exhausted...maybe at the next gathering if we do 36 that the second 18 might be better played as a 2 man shamble or modified pinehurst or something along those lines??

I was a bit surprised to learn several guys I talked to weren't even entering the Grandaddy contests, I hope some of what us alums shared with you over the rounds may have changed your mind. You can't win if you don't get in!

Another Arthur Hills design. I like it! Must be a Sunday though....

We could do Maumee Bay and Eagles Landing. Eagles Landing is a nice course too. Plus they are only like 7 mins apart. That makes for a fun day of golf. Play Maumee bay first since it is harder and more demanding. Not that Eagles Landing is a cake walk but it's definitely not as hard as Maumee Bay. I'd be up for it.

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Wish I was able to make it. Hopefully the October outing in Ohio snags a bunch of folks as well! :)

OH and due to the 4 way tie in the PM round Saturday we are going to have a little drawing this evening to announce the 2 winners....

OH and due to the 4 way tie in the PM round Saturday we are going to have a little drawing this evening to announce the 2 winners....
Excellent idea Mike! And then if they happen to see this, the announced winners will need to PM me their address to get their winnings sent to them.

Otherwise, I will hunt you down! :alien:

Here ya go...congrats to the 2 winners (u will have to watch to fins out who).
Oh and my daughter as im writing down the names thought they were "weird"
https://youtu.be/_b3MgMRLuYw

Congrats guys!

Congrats Lafayette7 and Jdtox on the second round drawing wins. Stribs and PhillyV were also in with 37s as well. Pm incoming to you guys.

Congratulations fellas! Wish we were teeing it up again tomorrow!

Poor matt drops a 40 in AM net eagle party

Congrats everyone!
I hope we all had enough fun to do this again!
(I have a couple ideas...)

Poor matt drops a 40 in AM net eagle party
Yeah just needed 1 more to fall or wait a round. And he dropped a straight up 44 Sunday on the back 9. I can see where it was coming from. Good to see.

Yeah just needed 1 more to fall or wait a round. And he dropped a straight up 44 Sunday on the back 9. I can see where it was coming from. Good to see.
Oh dang 44 is awesome...he was driving the ball a billion times better than just 10 months ago...great stuff

Congrats guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoting MD441:

Here ya go...congrats to the 2 winners (u will have to watch to fins out who).

Oh and my daughter as im writing down the names thought they were "weird"
https://youtu.be/_b3MgMRLuYw
-----------------------------------

No dolls and/or action figures were harmed in the making of this video??

That video was AWESOME!! I gotta say: Mike, you've got a terrific daughter there!! Thanks for drawing my name sweetie !! Thanks again to Mike and Tyler for their efforts that made it a great weekend of golf. And now this! WOW, just a little icing on the cake!!

What do you guys think....a little Toledo are gathering late Oct?

Dates would factor in heavily as my client is going live, but I would be interested since I missed last weekend.

Big thanks to JB and GG for tossing in the prizes

Big thanks to JB and GG for tossing in the prizes

Yes. Totally not necessary but much appreciated!

Haha I had no clue I was even in the running! Tyler keeping it on the DL like a boss! Thanks to JB & GG for donating prizes, whatever they may be!

Back