Thoughts on orange whip?

I love the OW and use it every day. It somehow keeps me balanced and on plane with its mystical forces. It's also good exercise.

Still enjoy this aid in stretching and feeling a grove. Played with a pair that was a teaching round and the instructor asked if he could show it to his student. Darn good shot he gave it 5 minutes. I had been watching them through the round (reading between the lines for some advice I could use) and there was a dramatic difference in his swing after using it. Went back to the old rhythm soon after, but was neat to watch what happened.

Mine is in the bag for the morgan cup--we will have some range time, but before that first tee there will be enough delay where I want to use this to keep warm.

Mine is in the bag for the morgan cup--we will have some range time, but before that first tee there will be enough delay where I want to use this to keep warm.
I do the same thing now while waiting on the first tee before my rounds!

I noticed we have two different Orange Whip threads, so I thought I'd better post my experiences here too, just in case:

Well, I've been using the Orange Whip before every round for about a month & trying to do it daily (but I've been hit-and-miss on non-golf days) - and I'm convinced that this thing has dramatically improved my swing. Granted, there was a lot of room for improvement, but what I'm doing seems too simple & too short (timewise) to have this big of an impact. However, I have to admit that most of my clubs are noticeably longer now, & my slice (my go-to shot) has generally been replaced by a slight draw (even the iron shots!)

Club: Old distances: today:
Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* hybrid 170 185

5i 155 165-170

These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. Wedge shots are longer with much less effort - which led to a higher scoretoday because I was airmailing greens.

I think this is certainly worth the cash - it doesn't take much time, and at the very least it's a good way to warm up before the round. I think you'll be surprised how much it helps with your overall swing, too.

First in line...leaving mine at home to aid in travel weight coming home.

I recently picked up an OW (thanks to a THPer) and the early results are impressive. I immediately picked up an early release problem as well as an issue with the take away being too quick. Between the two, my lag increased virtually instantly.

I'm going to have to work to groove it in and to do anything to lengthen the swing, but it definitely gives you the tactile feedback that is advertised.

It's also great for warming up!

Just picked one up today from Dicks. Had some reward points plus a a $20 off gift certificate. Ended up paying about $45 for it. Looking forward to start putting it to use!!!!

Does anyone do any other exercises than the 3 in the manufacturer's webpage? It seems it only takes 2 weeks of use to build the muscle to the point where these exercises seem useless.

Does anyone do any other exercises than the 3 in the manufacturer's webpage? It seems it only takes 2 weeks of use to build the muscle to the point where these exercises seem useless.
I enjoy it as a warmup tool between rounds and once I'm waiting on the first tee.

I really do not play a lot of golf considering the time i spend on THP. I do find the Orange Whip helps me when I need to get back into a golf swing and find my rhythm. I just moved and got rid of a ton of old swing aids but kept the whip.

I really do not play a lot of golf considering the time i spend on THP. I do find the Orange Whip helps me when I need to get back into a golf swing and find my rhythm. I just moved and got rid of a ton of old swing aids but kept the whip.

Good point here annsguy, If I had to give up all the gadgets but one I think the whip is the keeper for me.

I'm really intrested in the OW. It seems everybody loves it...but why is it so expenseive?

I'm really intrested in the OW. It seems everybody loves it...but why is it so expenseive?
All relative I guess, cheaper than most new clubs at 100 bucks. It is pretty well made compared to the knock offs and I will never need to replace it.

I guess I get it. I just never thought of it as a club. More of a weight on a stick (okay shaft). I know there's precise engineering in weight and flex in the shaft and all. But once the math is done and you have the specs, you don't have to re-produce them... I guess I just dont' see how it costs so much to produce, that just leaves mark up.

I could be wrong and it might actually cost a lot for materials...but (the "view from 30,000 ft") that's a lot for an engineered weight on a stick.

I guess I get it. I just never thought of it as a club. More of a weight on a stick (okay shaft). I know there's precise engineering in weight and flex in the shaft and all. But once the math is done and you have the specs, you don't have to re-produce them... I guess I just dont' see how it costs so much to produce, that just leaves mark up.

I could be wrong and it might actually cost a lot for materials...but (the "view from 30,000 ft") that's a lot for an engineered weight on a stick.

Many Agree, and go with the knock off model. I have both and prefer the whip for the balance and feel--I would say to wait and find a deal in the marketplace or on ebay used to get the nicer version cheaper--worth the extra effort and you can save some cash.

Thoughts on orange whip?

I don't care if it's 100% profit. I'm happy with my purchase. I did, however, get one during a flash sale with free shipping for $85.00. If I'd paid full amount I'd still feel good about the purchase.

Had a 5:00 tee time yesterday and found out the course I was headed to closes their driving range on Thursday for maintenance. What to do?

WARMED UP WITH THE ORANGE WHIP BEFORE LEAVING FOR THE COURSE. And? IT WORKED FINE. I hit the ball very well off the first tee box! Always scary when the first ball you hit is "in play" but the OW did not let me down!

I saw a video where a PGA instructor used a 4-5' piece of heavy rope to do the same thing...if it does work the same way, it'll save ya a ton of $$$....

I saw a video where a PGA instructor used a 4-5' piece of heavy rope to do the same thing...if it does work the same way, it'll save ya a ton of $$$....

and when you follow through properly on your swing and the big piece of heavy rope wraps around and smacks you in the back you'll be limping down to the golf store to get an OW!!!

You don't see much here about the board you stand on (orange peel or something like that)..

true, although it may be decent, the use would only be at home. I don't see ever getting one. The whip is fine alone and stays in the bag for frequent use.

I need to get one of these to help with tempo. I keep putting it off due to cost, but I really think for my troubles, it would help me a lot. I need to figure a way to make it happen.

I need to get one of these to help with tempo. I keep putting it off due to cost, but I really think for my troubles, it would help me a lot. I need to figure a way to make it happen.

If you don't get one by the gauntlet, you can swing mine to make sure you want to spend the money.

Back