Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a time where so many solid offerings are available across the board? Tinkerers and equipment hoarders are in for another fun year

Has there ever been a time where so many solid offerings are available across the board? Tinkerers and equipment hoarders are in for another fun year
No kidding...I thought I was set but now I want a new driver, hybo and graphite iron shafts

I'm just glad I can't afford to do it because if I could I would be in A LOT of trouble.

Vapor Speed irons.

Only in stores. It has gotten my attention
It's probably one of my favorite mallets. I had the White Ice version and loved it, don't really know why I strayed from it or never went back...I just love the look of blade putters, thus the Anser style/WHP 1 ponder.

Looking at the new Nike irons and thinking there might be a Vapor driver - makes me happy and optimistic.

Looking at the new Nike irons and thinking there might be a Vapor driver - makes me happy and optimistic.
Ready to move on from the SLDR or just have the itch for more swoosh in your bag?

Ready to move on from the SLDR or just have the itch for more swoosh in your bag?

The equipment junkie in me always believes there will be something better than what I have. Even if there was a new Nike out next week, I am not changing a driver this close to the gauntlet and not for the remaining 2014 season I have. IF I change drivers to a newer model, I want to wait until there are more new options. Doesn't mean I am out of love with the SLDR - truth is I really like it it's been the best performing driver I have played. Granted, that list isn't very long compared to others over the same time span.

Plus, I just really have a thing for Nike clubs.

Nike Vapor everything.

I want to hit Covert 2.0 Tour again. I think there's more to that driver than I gave credit for earlier in the year.

DANGIT DAN!!! Enabler!

I hit it again last week, with the stock shaft which is actually really good. I really liked almost everything about it. The only thing I didn't like, I didn't have one in my bag.

4 hybrid, the 4 iron experiment is officially over.

2013 Baffler or 2014 Baffler XL are fantastic options that can be had on the cheap. J40 should also be considered if you can find one.

People will throw out a thousand clubs, go hit them and decide for yourself. They're all good.

DANGIT DAN!!! Enabler!

I hit it again last week, with the stock shaft which is actually really good. I really liked almost everything about it. The only thing I didn't like, I didn't have one in my bag.

Uhh, yeah I am! I actually think the Kuro Kage held them back a TON with Covert 1.0 -- I think it flexed stiffer (or at least more harsh) than what people were used to and they made their decisions on the driver based on that fact (just IMO though). When I hit one without that shaft in there, that offered a bit more feedback in the hands, it really made a big difference.

Not the best sounding driver on the market, but it's certainly not awful.

Another Mashie? A Cleveland Altitude? Something that blends a bit with your set?

Uhh, yeah I am! I actually think the Kuro Kage held them back a TON with Covert 1.0 -- I think it flexed stiffer (or at least more harsh) than what people were used to and they made their decisions on the driver based on that fact (just IMO though). When I hit one without that shaft in there, that offered a bit more feedback in the hands, it really made a big difference.

Not the best sounding driver on the market, but it's certainly not awful.

Another Mashie? A Cleveland Altitude? Something that blends a bit with your set?

I thought the Covert Tour 2.0 was much tamer than the 1.0. A pretty subtle sound really. The Kuro Kage TiNi seems to match up well for the type of player that usually gravitates to a "Tour" model club.

Both of the Covert 2 drivers were great imo. Stock shafts were solid too. Best adjustable hosel there is.

Dangit HAWK!!!!!

I'd take the non-Tour any day. Played it in Florida for three rounds fresh out of winter and it treated me pretty well considering.

I have an Adams a12os 4 hybrid that I can send you if you want to give it a whirl. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back