April 9th PNW Mini Get Together - Furry Creek Golf Club, BC,

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We've been discussing this quite a bit lately in the PNW thread, but since we're starting to get a decent sized group of interested folks I figured it deserved its own thread. Furry Creek is one of the most picturesque layouts in the area, and several of us have been wanting to play it for a while. With the early season rates, it's pretty affordable in April, and my fiance is out of town so I've got all day!

So far we haven't come to a full agreement on tee times, but from what I'm gathering, right around 9am seems to be the sweet spot. There's also a few folks who have suggested 36 holes, so let me know if you're interested in more than 18 as well.

I've listed folks below who I know are interested so far. If anyone else out there wants to join us, please let me know and I can get you added onto the list! I know it's a bit far for the Seattle and Portland area THPers, but if you are interested I may be able to offer you a bed to crash on the previous night.

TEE TIMES
9:20am (3)
9:30am (3)

Confirmed
SkiBumGolfer
ArmyGolf
Gulby
Jaysfan
Yantropov
checkered

Course website: https://www.golfbc.com/courses/furry_creek

Eye Candy:

fc_golf2.jpg

fc_9b.jpg

Yep, they filmed the Bob Barker fight scene from Happy Gilmore here! Hole 9 is now called "Happy's Hole."

happygilmore08A.jpg

Last edited:
Too excited to finally play this!

Might just see a bit of action on #9 lol

Just got off the phone with them. If we wanted to play 36 holes you get %50 off the 2nd round. So it would be $60 and then $30. Seems like we need to book asap, wasn't a whole lot of time slots.

Last edited:
Would one of you gents who is fortunate enough to play this track be able to pick me up a ball marker and/or divot tool? The one I picked up is getting a little worn and I'm partial to new and shiny:

af92a84e52cb4bf69947ad56f3a0de40.jpg

I'll gladly pick up cost + ship + a little extra for a quality brew!

Too excited to finally play this!

Might just see a bit of action on #9 lol

Just got off the phone with them. If we wanted to play 36 holes you get %50 off the 2nd round. So it would be $60 and then $30. Seems like we need to book asap, wasn't a whole lot of time slots.
So I'm willing to book 920 and 930 to get on the books, but I need to put my credit card in. Anybody else willing to book one tee time and I'll book the other?
Would one of you gents who is fortunate enough to play this track be able to pick me up a ball marker and/or divot tool? The one I picked up is getting a little worn and I'm partial to new and shiny:

af92a84e52cb4bf69947ad56f3a0de40.jpg

I'll gladly pick up cost + ship + a little extra for a quality brew!
No problem bud, I can do that for ya!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Seriously, to whoever makes it out to this, enjoy! Have been told this is a must play if on the west coast. Hoping to see lots of photos posted.

This looks like a great time. Unfortunately I can't make it. Hit them well gents!

I am so excited to play here;been on my list for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So I'm willing to book 920 and 930 to get on the books, but I need to put my credit card in. Anybody else willing to book one tee time and I'll book the other?

No problem bud, I can do that for ya!

Once I know that I can make it for sure I can throw down the plastic but that's probably a week away.

Once I know that I can make it for sure I can throw down the plastic but that's probably a week away.
No worries buddy. I can go ahead and get them both reserved, just want to be mindful of how much I'm on the hook for with a no show haha

No worries buddy. I can go ahead and get them both reserved, just want to be mindful of how much I'm on the hook for with a no show haha

Anyone who bails after committing gets beaten with a low-bounce wedge hehe, how 'bout that?
Plus they pay regardless.

Anyone who bails after committing gets beaten with a low-bounce wedge hehe, how 'bout that?
Plus they pay regardless.
Hahahaaha it's a date! :deadhorse:

I'll get it booked before we lose it.

So I booked 920am, but it won't let me book more than one tee time at once. Some crap about can't book multiple times in the same day. Can any of you gents grab the 930?

So I booked 920am, but it won't let me book more than one tee time at once. Some crap about can't book multiple times in the same day. Can any of you gents grab the 930?

Are we playing 36 or just grabbing 18 for now? I can call in a bit

I booked the 9:30 time, if you call it in they don't take a credit card.

I was confused at the 9:20 time was booked under a Gordon lol. Ryan you changing your name again!

Also we can't book 36 at this point, only can a few days out, so we have sometime to figure it out

Thanks for doing that bud! Didn't realize they wouldn't take a card if I called, but doesn't matter, I'm sure we'll get in figured out in time. We can figure out who's in for 36 as we get closer.

Looking forward to this!

I got a buddy who's gonna come out

I'm on the fence on this with the time/drive time. I just don't want to be miserable because I'm tired from being up early/driving. I'll make a decision here quickly.

This sounds like an awesome time.

I'm on the fence on this with the time/drive time. I just don't want to be miserable because I'm tired from being up early/driving. I'll make a decision here quickly.
You are the same distance if not closer than what SkiBum is driving! Come out!

Just go to bed early the night before....boom, done!

You are the same distance if not closer than what SkiBum is driving! Come out!
I live in Marysville, an hour south of SkiBum. :p

Just go to bed early the night before....boom, done!

LOL, if it weren't for all the damn Canadian drivers on the freeway it might not be as bad. :alien: hahaha

tee time 9:30.. ouch! I'm in !

I live in Marysville, an hour south of SkiBum. :p

LOL, if it weren't for all the damn Canadian drivers on the freeway it might not be as bad. :alien: hahaha

You could do it in about 2.5 hours I would think. Get up at 6, that's not too early

Back