Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Preview

Seriously? Are we really worried about the safety of an insert causing physical harm?

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Ever been cut with a thin piece if sheet metal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm out. If you really believe Nike would release a set of irons that would injure the user I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Maybe there will be a child safety warning?

Maybe there will be a child safety warning?
I'm thinking this has class action lawsuit written all over it. 1000 for irons for a million dollar injury settlement.

Gives the whole "I bladed that shot" a whole new meaning!

I'm out too. Serious responses get posted and typical smart a$$ replies soon follow. That is becoming too common around here.

I'm out too. Serious responses get posted and typical smart a$$ replies soon follow. That is becoming too common around here.

I think the point of the responses weren't to be smartass, but there's not a chance any reputable company would design a badge on any club that could injure a person like that. The backlash from consumers alone are a reason for companies to make sure things like this aren't at all a liability.

I think the point of the responses weren't to be smartass, but there's not a chance any reputable company would design a badge on any club that could injure a person like that. The backlash from consumers alone are a reason for companies to make sure things like this aren't at all a liability.

Common sense will prevail, they aren't going to put out something that is a hazard to people, companies are smarter than that. I'm just amazed at so much focus on a badge and not the actual makeup of the club and what it is set to accomplish.

I love that Dean got us the info that these will lean more to a mid capper as opposed to the original pro combos leaning more towards a true players iron that was incredibly demanding. That is huge to me, if they have done what they say they have with the weighting and design, we could see some very interesting things.

Dean has killed it with info in these threads.

Common sense will prevail, they aren't going to put out something that is a hazard to people, companies are smarter than that. I'm just amazed at so much focus on a badge and not the actual makeup of the club and what it is set to accomplish.

I love that Dean got us the info that these will lean more to a mid capper as opposed to the original pro combos leaning more towards a true players iron that was incredibly demanding. That is huge to me, if they have done what they say they have with the weighting and design, we could see some very interesting things.

Agreed. A healthy and popular Nike in golf is good for the whole industry. They have the potential to convert people to the game with their immense popularity in sports and pop culture.

That was the biggest thing for me to. The fact that they are targeting mid cappers with this has me all sorts of intrigued. I can't wait to take some swings with these.

He really has. Just a ton of excellent photos and information.

As far as the setup, Nike seems to be giving the mid handicap the performance and forgiveness they really should have in a club, with the aesthetics they want to see. Even the low capper can look at these and go well hello there, you certainly look appealing and pack a lot of performance in a small package.

That was the biggest thing for me to. The fact that they are targeting mid cappers with this has me all sorts of intrigued. I can't wait to take some swings with these.

It really is, its a big statement to make, because everything about the profile screams to me that these are on that players side of the spectrum, I hate to classify things that way, but its just the way they hit me.

I'm not sold that they will be world beaters or people will be knocking down the door to buy a set yet, but I think they might just garner more hype for these than they have any of their other iron releases across the spectrum with the 3 offerings. They SAY they believe they can be a dominant force in the equipment game, but I want to see them walk that thought process/belief.

I'm not saying it to be a smart ass either but that's the first thing that I noticed when I saw that particular picture.

So yes I wonder, having not seen or touched it in person, if that has the potential to cut someone. It's not impossible. It's a reasonable concern.

Second to that I would wonder about dirt and sand getting behind that. It's not removable. How would you clean that out?

Or am I an ass to think that Nike would release a Club that could get dirty? Ok yeah that was a smart ass remark. Lol

Lighten up!

Did the SLDR badge or Apex insert have a corner sticking out like that. This particular Nike badge is sticking out there like it is ready to cut someone. It looks like it's loose. I seriously cannot imagine that the corner and edges are not supposed to be attached to the club

Honestly I think you are making a issue out of something that really isn't one.

Pro Combo review round 1? Check!

Pro Combo review round 2? Yes please!

I'm not saying it to be a smart ass either but that's the first thing that I noticed when I saw that particular picture.

So yes I wonder, having not seen or touched it in person, if that has the potential to cut someone. It's not impossible. It's a reasonable concern.

Second to that I would wonder about dirt and sand getting behind that. It's not removable. How would you clean that out?

Or am I an ass to think that Nike would release a Club that could get dirty? Ok yeah that was a smart ass remark. Lol

Lighten up!

You will not get any dirt or anything behind that badge. Trust me on that.

So last night they presented Jimmy Fallon with a set of clubs. Much like majority of the audience, I thought they were giving him the Speed irons. This being based on what we have heard about him as a golfer(around an 11 HDCP) and perhaps unfairly based on the shots we saw last night. What we were told today was that he was given a full set of these pro combo irons. They made these irons to come closer to the middle ground between the Speeds and the Blades, as opposed to the past set they even though they were a pro combo they played closer to blades. Anyway, these were given to Fallon because Nike believes that if he is an 11, he could play these without any issues.

Bumping this, some really solid info in it from Dean we were just discussing.

You will not get any dirt or anything behind that badge. Trust me on that.

Would you say that it was flexible? Could it potentially bend out?

It looked thicker in the middle where it connects to the back of the club and just thinner around the edges. hard to tell from pictures.

Would you say that it was flexible? Could it potentially bend out?

It looked thicker in the middle where it connects to the back of the club and just thinner around the edges. hard to tell from pictures.

It did not feel flexible or seem to have any give to it. As for sharpness or any potential cuts from it, I would say the chances of that are extremely slim. I think your concerns will be answered when you see and feel them.

You rock Dean.

these things look beautiful just not a huge nike fan other than putters. but still might have to try these out, It is about time for a new set of irons.

So what I'm gathering from this thread is that these will make my "slice" worse....badum tiss!

Anyways, what's important here is that Nike has upped their game. They had golfs two biggest names and media's golden boy present some gorgeous irons. We've seen what they can do for Rory already, and the Nike web page mentions Tiger's input on these irons about a dozen times. Nike is Nike. If anyone brand can bring athletes and newbies over to golf, it's Nike. I hope that we can continue this thread and focus on function as much or more than form.

One thing nobody can argue with: Nike moved the needle with this one and I think that's great for the game I love.

These irons look so sweet!

I haven't bought a set of clubs in like 3 years. Don't tempt me Vapor PC.

Dean you have killed it with these pics and threads. I have liked nike gear in other sports and almost bought the last pro combos. I was pretty sure I was going to grab some Srixons but now I will need to compare these and the Pros along with Srixon. Two years in the making and based solely on looks I think they nailed it.

these might be joining the perceived club thread

Back