Fall 2014 Central Iowa Get Together

The trophies:

97cd88ab313fadafc110ea561e61e57d.jpg

The trophies:

97cd88ab313fadafc110ea561e61e57d.jpg

One of those will look great next to all the dollar bills I have collected!

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

One of those will look great next to all the dollar bills I have collected!

And then u woke up....

And then u woke up....

Except your dollar bills are on display at the top. Will you sign the cow for me?

Except your dollar bills are on display at the top. Will you sign the cow for me?

Close your eyes and ask me again in your dreams....

If we handicap....I'm a 17. But in reality I say we just take the top 4 scores for each team.

I will put a vote for this actually. I'm all for handicapping or playing best ball, but by the time were done with 36 holes, that's going to take awhile to put altogether, especially since the teams don't all play with each other throughout the day. So maybe treat it like a high school golf meet, just take the top 4 scores. Are we sure Sleuth can't make this for team Iowa????

~Rock

EDIT: Those trophies are so money. I know the morgan cup trophy looks cool and all, but c'mon....these are GOLDEN COWS!!!

Well for Saturday, there is 5 Iowa, 5 Illinois, 3 Nebraska plus 2 wild card. Perhaps play 36 Saturday stroke but total it as 18 best ball by state and 18 total stroke by state. Sunday we do some kind of singles matches. Hell I don't know.

I'll just throw this out there, why not do a Best Ball style, where you just need one 18 hole scorecard for each team, and you take the best score from the 5 players at that hole. Kind of like the ESPN Best Ball Majors competition for fantasy golf.

I assume Nebraska is taking the 2 wildcards???

I will put a vote for this actually. I'm all for handicapping or playing best ball, but by the time were done with 36 holes, that's going to take awhile to put altogether, especially since the teams don't all play with each other throughout the day. So maybe treat it like a high school golf meet, just take the top 4 scores. Are we sure Sleuth can't make this for team Iowa????

~Rock

EDIT: Those trophies are so money. I know the morgan cup trophy looks cool and all, but c'mon....these are GOLDEN COWS!!!
We could always do the best ball for both rounds total or one from each round.

I'll just throw this out there, why not do a Best Ball style, where you just need one 18 hole scorecard for each team, and you take the best score from the 5 players at that hole. Kind of like the ESPN Best Ball Majors competition for fantasy golf.

I like that idea.

Also, I know Woody is a wild card (as are all people from Missouri :alien: ) but who is the other one?

I have no idea

Nebraska has a 3 handicap. You giving strokes?

Nebraska has a 3 handicap. You giving strokes?

That's a vanity handicap... :) He plays like a 12 when he's paired with me.

That's a vanity handicap... :) He plays like a 12 when he's paired with me.

Sure he does and I have oceanfront property in Utah to sell you.

I have two ideas:

First, we could do a modified best ball where on par 5s you count the top score, on par 4s you count the top 2, and par 3s you count the top 3 scores, add all that up and that is the team total (or could do 2, 3, 4 respectively)

Second idea is best and worst, add the best score and the worst score from a whole to be the team score.

I think either of those would even out the various handicaps, and the first one is a take off from what we did at the Dallas event.

How did we do it in corydon?

Ya'll are making this outing awful complicated

You are correct. Just give team Iowa the trophies and we can call it good!

I have two ideas:

First, we could do a modified best ball where on par 5s you count the top score, on par 4s you count the top 2, and par 3s you count the top 3 scores, add all that up and that is the team total (or could do 2, 3, 4 respectively)

I like this idea, but backwards, 3 on 5s, 2 on 4s and 1 on 3s.

Honestly, we have to calculate it all after the round or rounds, so I don't think it's a huge deal either way.

I'll be happy to calculate everything, I'll make sure I have cards done ahead of time. With whatever format we choose.

So I'll vote and say no handicaps, here are the options from my side:

-Scorecard Best Ball within group 18 holes
-Scorecard Best Ball within group 36 holes
-Group Score 18 holes, 3-5s/2-4s/1-3s
-Group Score 36 holes, 3-5s/2-4s/1-3s
-Group Score 18 holes, 1-5s/2-4s/3-3s
-Group Score 36 holes, 1-5s/2-4s/3-3s

I would say we could do one format for the AM and another for the PM.

Maybe the 5s/4s/3s in the morning and the best ball scorecard in the afternoon.

How did we do it in corydon?

Corydon was team best ball. It was not as easy to figure out as it sounds. Take that from the guy that runs league and various tournaments at his local club.

~Rock

Corydon was team best ball. It was not as easy to figure out as it sounds. Take that from the guy that runs league and various tournaments at his local club.

~Rock
I didn't even think about it in corydon. Who started this complicated chatter?!

I think I might have, and I'll be happy to take care of it all, I'll get cards in advance and once tee times are finalized, I'll put them all together, they'll be color coded!

Nebraska is bringing a future CPA and two bankers, we'll do the math for you all.

Back