Big Break Invitational

Texasbrons

FXDF FatBobs Rule!!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Mouth!!
Wow. That's going to be held at Reynolds Plantation, just a little over 2 hours from me. Hmmm.

I might have to run down there and check this out first hand! :bomb:

Maybe the Old Coots can get together over there for the final day. Sounds like fun.

Maybe the Old Coots can get together over there for the final day. Sounds like fun.

Great minds..... I was just thinking along those lines. Maybe meet for a round of golf and then go, or vice versa. Was there a date mentioned? I don't remember from the video.

Thought about going over to watch some of this as well.

I am probably the worst golfer in the history of the world!!

End of September and first few Days of October. I am good as I think it was a Mon-Thus event.

Should be an intersting event. It will be sort of nice to see them play full rounds of golf instead of the contests. Be able to get a feel for how good some of the non-winners really are.....or aren't.

I'll be watching for sure. Hopefully Isaac and James get the call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Very cool, I can't wait to watch!

I love the show and am looking forward to watching this unfold.

That will be a must watch, for me !

I love this show, but I'm tired of seeing the same people on here over and over again.

I agree with many. It would be interesting to see these contestants play a full round of golf instead of snippets here and there. I bet a lot of them have game, but I also suspect there are a few who don't.

I like it, has the full list a participants been announced yet? I can't find it on the GC site.

I agree with many. It would be interesting to see these contestants play a full round of golf instead of snippets here and there. I bet a lot of them have game, but I also suspect there are a few who don't.

This was my exact thought. You're going to see some people with some serious game and others I'm sure will make you wonder how they're scratch or better.

I like it, has the full list a participants been announced yet? I can't find it on the GC site.

I don't believe a full list has been developed yet. My impression from one of the comments either in the accompanying write up or in the video was that Gainey was the first of the Invites. I'll be tuning in though. I'm kind of envious of the guys who say they may be able to watch live. I'm not a star struck kind of person, but I think it would be cool to watch something like this in person. It won't have a huge gallery and I think you'll be able to get close and personal enough to see some amazing (and maybe amazingly bad) shots. It's why I also enjoy watching the Web.com tour here at Lionsgate in Kansas City.

I just saw on FB where Mallory Blackwelder will be on the BB Invitational. I like.

Did a quick search. Didn't come up with much, but the video of Reynolds Plantation was cool.
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/morning-drive-matt-ginella-visits-reynolds-plantation/

https://www.reynoldsplantation.com/big-break-invitational

With this article we now know 4 names. Gainey, Piller, Stoelting, and the newly announced and beautiful Blackwelder.
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/pre...annel-fall-first-ever-big-break-invitational/

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2014/05/19/Media/Big-Break.aspx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Isaac Sanchez, latest member to be announced to the invitational!! The big man is gonna play!! Who doesn't like Isaac?!!

Can I vote for Emily Talley somewhere to get into this thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy can flat out play. I'd love to see him make it on tour one day.

He really hacked it up at the St Jude. 86-81. He is a likable guy, though.

Don Donatello is back. Played a lot of golf with and against him in early 2000s. It will be interesting to see how his game has faired.

Don Donatello is back. Played a lot of golf with and against him in early 2000s. It will be interesting to see how his game has faired.

I wasn't a fan of his during his two appearances on Big Break. I think he had a good game but seemed to press to much in his approach and that might have added pressure to him and hurt his chances. I know he has been caddying on web.com...do you know if he has been playing any?

Back