The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Do You Dare Run The Gauntlet?

Assuming the captains will determine the line up for each round before Saturday AM?

Will we know ahead of time which team plays which team for each round before we get to HHI? Or will that be announced Fri evening at dinner?

Ding Ding Ding.

So much information flying this morning. This is great!

I have never played alternate shot before and I have a feeling it is going to be very tough on that course. Definitely need to work on my long game.

every time JB posts in this thread, I get the same feeling I did as a kid on Christmas morning.

every time JB posts in this thread, I get the same feeling I did as a kid on Christmas morning.
I get a little angry, because I'm not leaving this afternoon for HHI.
C'mon 4th!!

So we now know who is playing for each team, who the captains are, what we are eating Friday night, what the formats are and that we will have a ton of fun. Interested to see how all non-playing members of THP see the teams finishing. Let's see it and if anyone can guess the outcome correctly.

So we now know who is playing for each team, who the captains are, what we are eating Friday night, what the formats are and that we will have a ton of fun. Interested to see how all non-playing members of THP see the teams finishing. Let's see it and if anyone can guess the outcome correctly.

Already done so. Team Jrod for the win.

We will definitely be setting up a contest thread as we get closer.

Disappointment? The same feeling you will have when Team JRod wins the whole thing!

Question about the modified handicaps. In the 50% scenario, is it combined handicaps and the team with the higher combined handicap gets half the difference? For example, Team A 20 hdcp vs Team B 14 hdcp, then Team A gets 3 shots?

Oh man, loads of info this morning. Love waking up to this thread blowing up. So much awesomeness. Did I mention I am excited? yeah this is going to be awesome. Alt shot on Fazio is going to be a trip, but a blast I think. Love all the formats, should make things interesting, that's for sure.

Oh man, loads of info this morning. Love waking up to this thread blowing up. So much awesomeness. Did I mention I am excited? yeah this is going to be awesome. Alt shot on Fazio is going to be a trip, but a blast I think. Love all the formats, should make things interesting, that's for sure.

You all will be so pumped that you will be hopping around like bream chasing crickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all will be so pumped that you will be hopping around like bream chasing crickets

OG, I've been so tempted to start a thread with all your analogies...crickets, rattlesnakes, coondogs...I love it! Hope you feel better soon

This will test all we got, expecially on these tough layouts. Should be for some epic shot making and excitement. Love it, so pumped!

I would like to see order of finish....I know who will win

In that case:

1 - Jrod
2 - Rhi
3 - Finley
4 - Ethan
5 - Scott
6 - AJ (sorry rookie)

:angel:

Announcement

Format 1 - Saturday Morning
Hills Course - 8am EST
Shamble Combined - Handicap at 70%

Fitting format, also describes Team JRod's game.

In that case:

1 - Jrod
2 - Rhi
3 - Finley
4 - Ethan
5 - Scott
6 - AJ (sorry rookie)

:angel:
Thats cold Sparksjr, we will suprise everyone

1) Team AJ (never bet against a last minute "fill in"

2) Team JRod

3) Team Rhi

4) Team Ethanator

5) Team Gory

6) Team Fisherman Finley, He's not confident enough :)

1) Team AJ (never bet against a last minute "fill in"

2) Team JRod

3) Team Rhi

4) Team Ethanator

5) Team Gory

6) Team Fisherman Finley, He's not confident enough :)
Rob knows what our potential is, much respect. Some people may see the captain change as disadvantage, I see it as a way for us to leave everyone in shock.

In case anyone missed it

Announcement

Format 1 - Saturday Morning
Hills Course - 8am EST
Shamble Combined - Handicap at 70%

Announcement

Saturday Afternoon - Golf Round at Fazio Course - 2pm
Alt Shot - Handicap at 50

Announcement

Sunday Morning - Golf Round - RTJ Course - 8am
Best Ball - Handicap at 100%

So can anyone explain how the Percentages of Handicap will work?

So can anyone explain how the Percentages of Handicap will work?

Each individual will get 70% of the course handicap in round 1 - if my course handicap is 10, I will get 7 shots - will be based on lowest in group
The team will get 50% of the total team handicap in round 2 - strokes will be based on lower of two teams

Make sense?

Back