How much do headcovers matter to you?

• Not at all

Votes: 50 35.2%
  • It matters, but not enough

Votes: 83 58.5%
  • It would stop me from making a purchase

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
Headcovers are needed for my travel. I care about one and only one, the Panda covers I own

Unless they are horrible looking, I will just use the stock headcover.

Any, as long as the woods are covered.

It would stop me from making a purchase

I was about to just blurt out that it doesn't matter at all but Army's response made me think. I'm not much a fan of those new oven mitt styles Cally and TMag are churning out either. I prefer something that provides a little shaft protection too.

I prefer to have the factory covers on my clubs but it doesn't stop me from purchasing a club. Can always pic up the replacement off of ebay.

In order of preference: Factory Cover, Custom Cover, No Cover, Generic Cover

Factory covers are usually pretty cheap online if I buy something that comes without one.

I prefer to buy pre owned/demo driver, 3W and hybrids which usually don't have a head cover with them so anything in the discount bin for a buck or two will work just fine.

I have a full set of Seamus headcovers with tartans matching the counties of Ireland where my grandparents were born. So for me…? I wish clubs at this point didn't come with a headcover (ha).

They used to matter more than they do now. I like things matching but a multitude of options, meh.

I would have to buy a head over if the club did not come with one. I leave mine on all the time. Tim

I tend to be a minimalist ... never figured out what the head covers value were ... as result I do not use them on my driver. However, I do use one on my putter. I feel like my putter will be with me for a long time and it sits lower in the bag and I want to protect the face ... other clubs come and go out of the bag ... to date I have not had a damage club from like of a head cover.

I :love: the current Callaway head covers. If I don't like a head cover, I have a moose to take its place.

I tend to go aftermarket with my head covers but I appreciate a nice OEM cover.

I would prefer the head covers and bag match. But, would not keep me from buying a club. I am a fan of the current Callaway style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much do headcovers matter to you?

I guess I care a good bit. Always use a Brutus headcover on my driver, and I purchased 2 Callaways red/white pom pom covers for my 3 and 5 wood to match my bag and OSU color scheme. Luckily my putter cover is white with red, otherwise I'd probably have purchased something else for it.

That said, I would never not purchase a club bc the headcover didn't match. I just buy covers for my clubs that fit my general color scheme if necessary.

It matters, but not enough to factor into a club purchase. I use aftermarket covers.

Doesn't matter since I don't use the OEM covers anyway. I have a set of custom covers.

I recently bought a woods/hybrids set that pretty much matches with one of my bags. I like that look, but I'm not married to it.

I'd be perfectly fine with just the stock head covers as well.

Having a cover matters but it is replaced as soon as I get home. I like putting something custom on it anyways.

Doesnt bother me. My woods have their OEM covers on them, putter has a THP dollar bills and i put neoprene covers on my irons.

I'm weird - I like colors that match - head covers that coordinate to the bag otherwise my world is out of balance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use whatever comes with the club when I bought it. I used to buy animal headcovers when my kids were young so I could use them as hand puppets, but they're teenagers now so I've dropped the practice.

For my driver I replace it with my Rottweiler head cover. I also don't want to advertise a great driver that someone might want to 'borrow' forever! My fairway woods have the covers that came with them. I DO use my iron covers as I hate bag chatter, and they keep my irons in great shape with fewer (or no) nicks!

Back