Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Not necessarily for putters because i know we all love different putter covers, but for drivers and fairway woods...How much does the headcover matter to you? With my current set up, I really love the style headcover that comes with the driver and fairway woods. I think they look great, are made with great quality and are easy to use. I dont think i would ever want to go back to the style of headcovers of just a couple years ago. So i ask the question, whats it to you?

Im not too fussed really. With my driver i have the original Ping cover and its battered but kept the club looking new. I have the original for the 5w as its fairly new.
I used to have covers for all my irons but got fed up of
A: having to take them off before a shot
B: having to put them on after the shot
and
C: Taking them off before the shot, hitting it bad and deciding to use the same club again then hitting the next shot and having to put the cover back on the iron only to realise i'd dropped it and having to run back down the fairway to pick it up.

Now my irons just go "naked"
My putter cover is a Union Jack one, very patriotic of me :D

Driver, Doesn't bother me at all. I will replace it with my Frog as soon as I leave the store anyways. Just a little for FWY's and HYB's.

It doesn't matter to me at all. I just use whatever came stock with the club.

It doesn't matter that much to me. I love the head covers I currently have because they are easy to take off and put on. If I had a singular complaint, is that I wish they were a bit longer to protect the shafts. I for one do not miss the days of trying to stretch a sock over those large heads.

If a headcover is truly ugly, it would be on my clubs for transport & sitting in my SUV. I'd leave it in there while on the course.
When I do take a headcover onto the course, it needs functionality of slipping on/off real quick. I play with quick players so if I struggle to get a cover on the driver,
the group is 100 yds down the fairway before you know it. And the group behind is waiting for you to get a moving.
Ideally the cover should be able to be added/removed easily while moving.

Doesn't matter to me one bit. It's just a head-cover.

couldn't care less. I've got headcovers I like and those go on the clubs, regardless of the headcover the club comes with. Unless it's really cool.

I'm pretty easy, don't care enough to order custom covers to match the bag or covers to match other clubs in bag. OEM covers are good enough 75% of the time.

My OCD is nuts so u need to match my bag as best I can.

In terms of style, I think whatever the current style Callaway is using today I like.

It won't effect my purchase because I simply use custom covers to match bags, but it definitely does matter to me a lot.

Covers are nice and can add to the sitting looks of the club, but don't really concern myself with them. As long as they are easy to get off and put back on I'm good. A head cover that is from an event would be parked at home anyway unless at another event.

Don't mind what comes with the clubs but would get ones that are appealing to me, like Rose & Fire headcovers.

Voted that it matters, but not enough because the Head cover aftermarket seems to be growing. There are plenty of options out there.

JM

Doesn't matter to me at all because I never use the OEM headcovers. I have Stitch headcovers for my driver and hybrids, and a Duke Blue Devil headcover for my fairway wood.

Stock headcovers do not matter to me because I have a mix of (third party) leather headcovers for driver, fairways, hybrids.

The only stock covers I've liked are, believe it or not, the stock Bobby Jones Black leather Headcovers - well designed and great colors. Those are the only OEM covers I've used in the last 20 years.

I typically like an anonymous bag.

it doesn't affect my purchase, but i do want it to look kinda cool and not super cheap. i think callaway's headcovers have been awesome recently. cobra's king headcovers look really cheap to me, as do bridgestone.

It doesn't matter to me. I do however appreciate a nice magnetic closure on a putter

I keep my woods and my putter covered at all times when in the bag.
No covers on the irons.

I answered in the context of OEM head covers, so the response was "Not at All". I prefer 3rd party, classic knit head covers for my driver and fairway metals.

Headcovers, I don't use the majority of the time. The only club the consistently gets a headcover is my 3 wood. Driver I haven't used a head cover in several years and putter gets used occasionally.

I voted not at all. The head cover that comes with a club isn't going to sway my decision one way or another on buying the club or not. I've got a Tiger head cover for my driver and a Ronald McDonald shoe cover for my FW. I use the stock cover for my hybrid. I've been debating on putting on some Ohio State head covers, but I have a problem letting go and really don't want to take the Tiger off my driver.

Pretty sure if I enjoyed the club the headcover wouldnt matter and stop me from making a buy

Back