Bluetooth speaker on course - Poll

Bluetooth speaker on course - Poll

• Yes. If people don't like my music too bad.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Yes as long as everyone in the group agrees and it's not super loud.

Votes: 85 74.6%
  • No. Bluetooth speakers and music have no business on a course.

Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
I know there has been some discussion on here about music on the course but I'm curious what the split would be if we took a poll. (Perhaps that has been done and I apologize if it has).

Are you for or against players having bluetooth speakers on the course? Let's assume it's at a comfortable level that only the guys in the group can hear.

I said no... but then again thats just my view today as ill be golfing solo..

If it was a works outing... then it might differ!

I say no. I don't like music on the course. Golf is a social game.

As long as I don't hear it two fairways I'm good with it. To each there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely for if its a relaxing round, I'd be a bit more hesitant if it was a tournament though.

No issues with a little music as long as it is not too loud.

Voted.....it can be done responsibly IMO.

As long as you can only hear within a short radius of the cart/bag, then I have no problem with it as long as everyone in the group agrees.

For it. Its easy to do it with tact and not interfere with jokers around you, plus, in my experience it makes it a MORE social game. Also as a solo player 90% of the time, it makes my rounds much more enjoyable and gets me out of my own head.

Absolutely. It's like anything it can be done without offending others. And if it's done that way there really should never be an issue. I enjoy listening to tunes while playing.

For it as long as it's not disturbing the groups around the music. Played several rounds with THPers where we had music in the group and had no complaints from anyone. If others in the group don't want it then I won't play it.

At 57, I kind of thought music on the golf course was a younger persons thing and a no-no. Earlier this year, I was traveling and played in an evening 9 hole scramble at a course. One of the guys had some music going and we all had a really good time - that changed my perspective.

I went out and bought some mini bluetooth speakers for cheap and put one in each of my bags and have started playing music. Great when I am golfing solo - really relaxing and I think it makes me play better.

I always ask if golfing with others. One time, on the back nine, one of the fellows said "I'm really getting into this music and golf thing". Couple of days ago, I asked and one of the guys said NO so didn't break out the speakers - we had a great time anyway.

One range I go to a lot has the radio on over the speaker - nice to have music at the range as well.

Love music on the course

I always play music on my phone when I'm golfing.

I realize it can be annoying to others, so I always ask my cart mate first.

I also keep the volume down low enough so that you are only hearing it if you are either in the cart, or close to it.

I'm also not allowed to be offended, or butthurt, if someone asks me to turn it down/off.

Love having music. When wife and I play it's always with us. Only time I don't is league play.

I have no problems with it at all as long as the volume is kept reasonable.

I love music, love it, love it, love it, just not on the course. I won't ruin someone's good time if they want to listen though, just don't force any rap on me and we'll be good.

I'm ok with it in my own group but if it's too loud or if it's country, I'll ask that it be turned down. I played last week and I could hear FreeBird 2 fairways over. I love LS, but it was way too loud.

As long as you can only hear within a short radius of the cart/bag, then I have no problem with it as long as everyone in the group agrees.

This exactly. I'm adding a stereo and a couple speakers to my golf cart but I will certainly ask for permission from everyone in my group before turning it on.

It's getting so for me, that I feel lost golfing without music. I usually make sure my playing partners are OK with it, and between spotify, apple music, etc. it's fairly easy to find common ground for music taste.

I didn't think I would care for it the first time I played with someone who brought music, but it wasn't too bad. It was kind of nice to just have a little noise in the background, as long as it isn't too loud. One guy would turn it up a bit too loud and that was a little annoying to me, but overall, I don't mind.

I'm fine with it, but it is not something I will think to initiate on my own.

I said yes, and if they don't like my music, too bad. I probably say that simply because I've never heard anyone complain ever. The funny thing is, our group has grown enough at my home course, sometimes we have 2 carts with two different sets of music playing. That gets strange sometimes.

But that said, whenever I approach other groups, or if I think the people in my group are bothered, I keep the music playing, I just turn it down so that only I can hear it when I'm in my golf cart.

And truthfully, if someone ever said the music bothered them, I'd turn it off. But as it stands, most would rather have the music, no matter what the genre.

~Rock

I'm curious how many social events you go to that don't incorporate music in some way.

I rarely play music on the course, but when I do I always ask playing partners if they mind. I certainly don't think it should be blasted but I enjoy it when we do have it going.
I say no. I don't like music on the course. Golf is a social game.

I have a bluetooth speaker in my bag, and when I remember to charge it up, I'll use it. I don't mind if people use theirs on the course either. When I use mine, I try to make it such that it's not audible more than a few yards away from my cart.

Back