My R has its first recall, well should at least. Its so unbelievably stupid though.

Recall 019A:
"...For affected Golf R vehicles, the tire information label contains specifications for a spare tire (i.e. size and pressure values), even though a spare tire is not available for the vehicle. Because no spare tire is available, the information given does not create any risk to vehicle safety; however the label is noncompliant with motor vehicle safety regulations..."

What does it have in lieu of the spare tire?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I would love an R wagon. Just saying.

Has a fix a flat kit. The spare for the Audi S3 fits with some minor shaving of the foam insert.

Alot of people want the R wagon, its a shame it isnt being brought to the US.

I already have a soft spot for wagons, but an R wagon, mmmmm

Indeed indeed. Well the b6 s4 Avant is on my short list if the buyback goes through. :)

Indeed indeed. Well the b6 s4 Avant is on my short list if the buyback goes through. :)

.....I'm a huge Audi fan...even larger avant/wagon fan, but from fan to fan, I really hope the best for you if you decide to go that route. Chains are soooo expensive and labour intensive.

Haha yeah, I hear you. Thanks for the heads up.
.....I'm a huge Audi fan...even larger avant/wagon fan, but from fan to fan, I really hope the best for you if you decide to go that route. Chains are soooo expensive and labour intensive.

Haha yeah, I hear you. Thanks for the heads up.

My buddy is an Audi mechanic and he got rid of his because it was just too much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Don't tell me he got an E63 AMG. :D
My buddy is an Audi mechanic and he got rid of his because it was just too much.

Starting to experience some issues with my 2010 GTI. Intermittent CEL, coolant is low (could be the water pump) and I should probably get the updated timing chain tensioner. I really don't feel like paying for any of this to be honest. Parts aren't terribly expensive but the labor is and these jobs might be a little more than I am comfortable with.

Don't tell me he got an E63 AMG. :D

haha not yet. Though funny enough, that's on his long-term list. He actually has a TDI Tuareg and a 1991 MKII Jetta with a 2.8 24v swap and has a supercharger for that on order.

The E wagons have always intrigued me. Ah nice, the Touareg TDI is on my list of potential buys as well.
haha not yet. Though funny enough, that's on his long-term list. He actually has a TDI Tuareg and a 1991 MKII Jetta with a 2.8 24v swap and has a supercharger for that on order.

The E wagons have always intrigued me. Ah nice, the Touareg TDI is on my list of potential buys as well.

Same here, though as per any wagon variant in North America, hold such a premium over the sedan counterpart.

I'm jealous of his T3 Touareg. It's like a luxury car inside and can tow 7700lbs behind it. On a regular basis he gets 7.7 l/100km or roughly 25-30mpg mixed city/highway driving. Just insane.

Do you have a VCDS cable yet?
Starting to experience some issues with my 2010 GTI. Intermittent CEL, coolant is low (could be the water pump) and I should probably get the updated timing chain tensioner. I really don't feel like paying for any of this to be honest. Parts aren't terribly expensive but the labor is and these jobs might be a little more than I am comfortable with.

He is not hardcore enough, haha. The v8's are a pain in the a**. Sign me up for a b5 s4 avant, would love to import a b5 s3.

Do you have a VCDS cable yet?

Na, my buddy works at a vw/audi performance shop and he said he would scan it for me. I use to work there as well, I should have gotten out of German cars when I left there, parts are cheap when you get a discount.

So let's say I bought a high pressure fuel pump a year ago or so to lessen the cost to me in case my fuel pump decided to explode (dealer pricing). Can I return the pump and get credit? Or am I SOL.
Na, my buddy works at a vw/audi performance shop and he said he would scan it for me. I use to work there as well, I should have gotten out of German cars when I left there, parts are cheap when you get a discount.

Just bought the ultimate chick car - a used 2015 Beetle Convertible that my 16 year old daughter and wife are excited to get. I bought it from a dealer in Utah because of course it had to be a specific color that I couldn't find anywhere in California. I was able to negotiate a decent deal, $18.5k which is about $7500 cheaper than getting a discounted new one and this one is one owner with only 7,600 miles. It goes on a transport truck Monday so we should have it later in the week. I won't be driving it but it should be freeing up my wife's Tesla for me to drive!

What color? If it's yellow, you need some black transverse stripes. If red, some black polka-dots. :D
Just bought the ultimate chick car - a used 2015 Beetle Convertible that my 16 year old daughter and wife are excited to get. I bought it from a dealer in Utah because of course it had to be a specific color that I couldn't find anywhere in California. I was able to negotiate a decent deal, $18.5k which is about $7500 cheaper than getting a discounted new one and this one is one owner with only 7,600 miles. It goes on a transport truck Monday so we should have it later in the week. I won't be driving it but it should be freeing up my wife's Tesla for me to drive!

What color? If it's yellow, you need some black transverse stripes. If red, some black polka-dots. :D

It's Denim Blue, which is a discontinued color, probably because only 16 year old girls should be seen driving this color.

ace1c8c2f9214c72bb1a1cfde239ecc7.jpg

Since my line of work allows me to get free automotive paints and access to a paint booth, I might take a couple hours this spring and paint the doors cream to make it look a little more retro like this one.

Beetle_Cabriolet_Final_Edition_-_Flickr_-_Moto@Club4AG.jpg

Last edited:
That color reminds me of my neighbor's '67 Mustang convertible.

Hippie flowers. ;)
It's Denim Blue, which is a discontinued color, probably because only 16 year old girls should be seen driving this color.

ace1c8c2f9214c72bb1a1cfde239ecc7.jpg

So let's say I bought a high pressure fuel pump a year ago or so to lessen the cost to me in case my fuel pump decided to explode (dealer pricing). Can I return the pump and get credit? Or am I SOL.

SOL usually 30 days for returns. Just a couple days if any for special ordered parts

You lost me at convertible, lol. I really like that color! The cream sides will look good.

Back