Short Review of the First Issue

LefTe

Living Strong!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Publication Quality: What can I say but pure class, the weight of the pages as well as nicely laid out pages gave it the look and feel of a good quality product.

2009 Awards Nominations: I liked the circular layout and the vote for the winner at THP. It was there but not overstated. I know I’ve voted already.

Tool Shed: I liked the Now Playing with the reference to movie trailers. Putting in the manufactures statement, THP Tester’s comments then following with the Overall I thought was direct without getting too much in depth so you got a quick feeling for each product. There was enough info coupled with the “Who’s It For” rating that a reader could map out products that they wanted to research further.

Interview: Was long enough that it gave you a little insight into CHIII but not too long that you couldn’t digest the material quickly. I liked the idea of the questions changing up between the front and back 9. The only recommendation here would be the color of the THP Questions if it could have been a slight bit brighter gold it would make it easier to pick up in poor lighting. You know for us older folks who don’t quite have the peeps we used to.

Gift Guide: I liked the lead in “every item listed here will fit into a stocking” not everybody remember that when putting a Stocking Stuffer Guide up. Someone in my house is going to get one of the products in his stocking…then maybe he’ll stay out of my bag!

Diamonds in the Rough: Very nice equipment add on spotlighting a single manufacturer and giving a brief synopsis of each. I don’t know if they were all like this but there was only half a driver picture.

Ads: Full-page ads that were nicely laid out gave you info on how to get further info can’t ask for more then that.

Overall: I thought the publication was a great preview for all to get a feel for what THP will bring to the market with the quarterly product. In short I can’t wait for the next one!.
Great job to JB, GG and all involved with the project.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the kind words and thank you even more for the in depth review. We love feedback like this so much. As for the driver picture, we checked a single magazine out of every single box and did not see that. It could be just a one time error. (i hope)

Thanks again Lefte, glad you enjoyed it.

I had a half a driver as well. Still haven't finished going through it all yet but I like it so far.

It seems that 3 full cases 200 magazines each had this issue. Hope it does not affect anybody's reading pleasure.

Actually, that really gives 600 of us a limited edition of the collector's issue.

Actually, that really gives 600 of us a limited edition of the collector's issue.

Good point Smally. Mine was that way as well and I completely missed it. No effect on my enjoyment.

It seems that 3 full cases 200 magazines each had this issue. Hope it does not affect anybody's reading pleasure.

Absolutley in no way did it have any affect what so ever.

Just checked mine and ditto...I have one of the rare collectors editions. The half driver did not affect any of my enjoyment at all.

I have a half driver, but that makes my copy more rare right? haha. At a glance I thought it was a putter.

Back