The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kills me is that they expect these guys going full speed to adjust when the receiver lowers the hitting area. Ask any WR & they prefer a hit like that vs going low and ending a career/season

That and the uber enforcement of illegal contact and defensive holding force more teams to play zone, and that leads to more receivers running through open holes in zones straight into defenders waiting to blow them up

Bradford done for season

Confirmed he has re-torn his left ACL

Just absolutely awful news

Bradford done for season

Confirmed he has re-torn his left ACL

Just absolutely awful news

I wonder when St Louis is out from the contract. If I remember right, it was massive. His knees were a concern then. I'm trying to remember the events, but if I recall, he lit it up at the combine.

What sucks most is he is a hell of a good kid. Can't help but wonder if he doesn't just hang it up now and play golf the rest of his days.

I wonder when St Louis is out from the contract. If I remember right, it was massive. His knees were a concern then. I'm trying to remember the events, but if I recall, he lit it up at the combine.

Coming out of college it was shoulder concerns, not knees.

Coming out of college it was shoulder concerns, not knees.

You're right. Nonetheless, nobody wants to see a player struggle with injuries.

Feel for the dude. Such a good player too. Had been talk over last 2 years about whether he was the long term answer there. Obviously rams thought he was seeing they have had ample chance to pick a top qb each year. Back to the drawing board for them

Good guy gets injury prone and Johnny Manziel still doing money signs...Someone in this universe hates the NFL.

That guy Patrick Willis is pretty good.

Cam Newton rib fracture. Hopefully ready for week 1.

Sent from my SM-G900V

That was a big reason he came out a year early also. It was the last year that rookies could get massive amounts of guaranteed money. I think the new CBA limited guaranteed rookie contracts heavily. I feel bad for the guy.

Buccaneers and Patriots just made an interesting trade. Bucs get Logan Mankins, a 6 time Pro-Bowler, and Pats get TE Tim Wright and a 4th round pick. Mankins fills a HUGE need the Bucs have at guard. Tim Wright had a fantastic rookie season, and could form a deadly combo with Gronk. I think both teams just got better.

Buccaneers and Patriots just made an interesting trade. Bucs get Logan Mankins, a 6 time Pro-Bowler, and Pats get TE Tim Wright and a 4th round pick. Mankins fills a HUGE need the Bucs have at guard. Tim Wright had a fantastic rookie season, and could form a deadly combo with Gronk. I think both teams just got better.

Bucs mortgaging the future for a player getting long in the tooth who will be gone by the time they are a contender. Never like trading for old guys. But guards stick around longer than a lot of other positions. We'll see.

Bucs mortgaging the future for a player getting long in the tooth who will be gone by the time they are a contender. Never like trading for old guys. But guards stick around longer than a lot of other positions. We'll see.

I wouldn't quite say mortgage, it's one 4th round pick and a player that was no lock to make the team.

I wouldn't quite say mortgage, it's one 4th round pick and a player that was no lock to make the team.

But he'll take a spot that will prevent any young lineman from developing, got rid of another guy that could have developed at another position, and lost a draft pick that may have developed somewhere else. That's three negatives to me. But in their case it may be necessary to have any offense at all this season. That O-line is bad.

But he'll take a spot that will prevent any young lineman from developing, got rid of another guy that could have developed at another position, and lost a draft pick that may have developed somewhere else. That's three negatives to me. But in their case it may be necessary to have any offense at all this season. That O-line is bad.

They were so woefully lacking at guard, the guy who gets cut will not be a loss.

Anthony Becht said a week or so ago, they did not have one guard who was NFL second string caliber.

They were so woefully lacking at guard, the guy who gets cut will not be a loss.

Anthony Becht said a week or so ago, they did not have one guard who was NFL second string caliber.

First preseason game or not, its never a good sign when the Jaguars d-line blows your o-line up in live play like they are swiss cheese. :)

First preseason game or not, its never a good sign when the Jaguars d-line blows your o-line up in live play like they are swiss cheese. :)

Agreed completely, they were awful, hopefully the two guards we picked up can get them to league average.

Well I can take Josh Gordon off my draft board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back