The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the local par-3 course this morning to practice my approach shots & wedges. 25 of 36 shots were on the green (these are tiny greens) or within 30 feet of the pin. This summer (really just the last month) is the first time for me that my irons are generally going the direction I'm aiming them, and about the right distance. For example, on a 140-yard hole, I put 5-6 on the green or just off (within 10 feet). Even the 200-yard hole I put 3-6 close with my 3-wood (& it probably would've been more, but the woods OB right are only 10 yards from the green).

For the first time, when I hit 100-yard wedge shots, I feel like I'm compressing the ball at impact & getting a nice high flight that drops and stops right on the green.

I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this lol! But it is very exciting to be hitting this well! Hopefully I can take this to the course for the next 2 weeks & win my league.

Good lesson today. We started on the range hitting pitch shots with 54, 9i, 6i, 3h and driver to specific targets. 3 hybrid was hooking a bit so we worked on quieting the hands and not hanging back at impact.

Played 9 holes and focused on developing a pre shot routine. I don't have a consistent one and learned it can be important to get into a rhythm before hitting the shot. My instructor was pleased with my ball striking and we made a tweak with the putter. Hoping to play 18 tomorrow and Monday. Can't wait for #theGauntlet!

Off to the range to practice a bit.

This has been my goal . The slot with a high draw using my 10 finger grip . Once you slot properly you never will go back :)

Took my 5 year old daughter to the range for the first time. She loved it! Even got her first blister that popped. Lol.

She did great though she probably hit about 20 balls of a large bucket. She hits plastic balls around the yard but this was the first time hitting real balls.
I out an alignment rod down to help her with her feet placement and showed her how to line up and measure up to be ball. She whiffed a bunch but kept at it.

We practiced some putting too and she was surprisingly good at that. She made more from 3 ft than I did. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished up first range session in forever. Was so much fun and actually did well.

Short game was pissed poor today. Heading to short.gsme area for work tomorrow. Gotta at least be able to count on that when things are array

Did some work inside on the mat working on keeping the right knee bent and right hip from sliding also worked on getting my spine angle more upright.

Did some putting drills as well.

Been working on my irons so much needed to work on driver this morning. Worked on keeping swing wide without sway. Pretty solid results. See if it transfers to course tomorrow without affecting rest of game. Constant battle of balance.

Went out to the range this morning and it was freaking hot. Spent some time working on my finish and follow-through. Moved onto the driver and hit it pretty well. Hoping to take it to the course today.

Went to hit some balls working on the swing change. Still feelimg unnatural and old bad habbits creeping in. I will try to come every day and hit 50 100yd 8 irons per day to try ingrain.

Went to putt after range and this is what i see:
11c2f594983682e3f769cb03ad3de6dc.jpg

No putting practice today lol

Went to the course after work to put in some work with a driver I am trying, and saw that the course was empty. Change of plans. Took practice to the course and played 18. Worked with the driver on just about ever hole but the par 3s. Learned a few things about this club. Some good for my game and a few that made me stop and think. If this club ends up staying in the bag, it will be because of today's round.

Taking it easy tonight with stretching and putting en mi casa. It was pointed out in my lesson Saturday that I'm getting toe up at setup with the hands too low. Standing a little bit taller at setup helps flatten out the putter head.

One more range session tomorrow night and a Thursday morning 18 before I head out to Hilton Head. It's #theGauntlet week!!!

Went to the range yesterday to see if I could hit off the grass without pain. Had no pain at all but it was a rough session for the first 20 or so balls. Couldn't hit my sw at all but the other clubs started to come around. Probably need 2 more sessions before another round. And more short game work.

Went and spent 2 hours at the range. First 1hr on the chipping green. Worked on 54 and 58 from the same spots, noting the trajectory and rollout. Then went to hit a large bucket. Main focus was take my time and not just pound balls. 100 yd full swings with 8 iron working on the transition. After about 50 balls i hit some full swings with 8i and 5i. Results were mixed bag and tjats expected. Hit a few balls with driver then ended the day

Think I may attempt a little practice this evening, though it's supposed to be hotter than balls.

Was able to sneak away from the desk for lunch and hit a bucket of balls. My only purpose was to get out there and ease my mind of some stress I've been dealing with. I didn't care about how far I hit the ball and I didn't care about my swing. Just wanted to do something to get my mind off of things. And it's probably the best I've ever hit a golf ball. I absolutely love my speedblade irons and they've completely changed my thoughts on "game improvement" irons. Hell, none of us make a living based on how we play. So one could argue that we all could use a little game improvement. These irons make it so easy to just put a smooth swing on the ball and let the club do the work

I had a bit of a downer of a range session tonight. I just wasn't into it mentally and it showed. I didn't really hit any shots really well unfortunately.

There's always next time.

Awesome range session tonight. Hitting irons for the majority, working on bringing back the right side of the course with a 'cut' shot.

Mostly, I'm just trying to get my swing back on plane and a bit higher at the top, and it's creating really REALLY solid contact which I am pumped about.

Went to the practice green over lunch and worked on my putting. Did the three foot drill. Worked on my lag putting, ran in my 15 foot Challenge putt. Other than the 25-35 mph wind, it was a good 45 minute session.
Probably work on my chipping and pitch shoots tomorrow. 3 months to get dialed in.

Had a pretty good range session last night, which was nice for a change. Accuracy with irons wasn't really all that great, but I was at least hitting the ball solidly.

Was going to try for 18 this morning, but opted for 9 and an emergency range session. Worked in the practice bunker for awhile, got comfortable in the beach then cleaned up my fairway woods which have been poor recently. Focused on keeping my hands low and turning with the shoulders which helped get me flatter and on plane. I get steep easily.

9 later today with a colleague should be fun.

Headed out early this afternoon for a little range and putting work and then heading over to Top Golf for some range fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back