2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

So I'm not too active around here but I have some time on my hands and just made my way through this WHOLE thread! It seems to have died, any updates??

I've played the 2014 330RX, 330S, and regular 330 this year and the RX is my go to, that I have no doubt about. The hydrocore works, and contrary to the comments of some in here, the 330RX spins insanely well, when I can drop irons shots dead or even back them up a bit, then the ball spins because that is not my game. Great off the tee, great in the approach game, and great around/on the green for me.

The Bfit said I should be 330 or 330S and I tried it, but I just enjoy the lower compression of the 330RX.

And this would be in comparison to what balls you would typically use in the past? I just can't recall after reading this whole thing. Really tried to pay attention to those who previously played Chrome +, HBT or TP3-type balls.

Bfit puts me borderline between RX and 330s, slightly favoring RX.

And this would be in comparison to what balls you would typically use in the past? I just can't recall after reading this whole thing. Really tried to pay attention to those who previously played Chrome +, HBT or TP3-type balls.

A comparison to what works for my swing, nothing more or less. I have played all of those golf balls, and for me, the RX spins more than all of those around the greens.

Best way for you to find out is going to be to track down a sleeve and give them a whirl, or see if there is a live fitting coming to your area here: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/live/us

Appears to be a LOT coming in PA, not sure how close to you though. They are WELL worth the time to go out and get fit in person.

I am a chrome+ guy. The new B330 are just as long and spin more than the chrome+. They are also more durable. The only reason I have any chrome+ left is due to the recent 25% off sale at Dicks.

I've been playing the B330 and absolutely love the ball. Great feel off every club in the bag, and the ball just plain performs for me. I've hit some of my longest drives ever with that ball, a long with having good command over the ball coming into the greens. It's the only ball that I can honestly say has knocked the ProV1x out of the bag for good.

I picked up a sleeve of the Callaway SR3's the other week, but only have about 27 holes played with them, so I'm still testing them out. So far though, I still like the B330 the best.

I am gaming the Tour B330. I have used the Chrome+ before and actually picked up a box not too long ago because they were so cheap. After using the Chrome+ for a few holes, I switched back to the Tour B330. Chrome+ just felt too soft for me and I hit the B330 straighter. The Chrome+ is a good ball, but the B330 just fits me better.

I actually carry in my bag, the B330 RX and the Chrome+. I really like both balls. When the B330 RX are gone, I week strictly play the Chrome + for a while, because I found then on sale, twice. The first place has them for a good price. The second place had then for a great price.
After those are all history, I will probably pick up some B330S again. That has been one of my favorites this year.

Wow, I've gone through 3 dozen boxes of Tour B330 so far and have 3 dozen left for the rest of the year. Since starting with this ball way back in the winter I have played just about every 2014 tour ball (and some of last years). Comparing the Tour B330 to everything that is out there I can honestly say this ball is the real deal.

For 2014 models and my game I would put the Tour B330 at the top followed by the TaylorMade Tour Preffered X and then The ProV1x. I can pretty much play those three balls in the same round and not worry about a huge difference in playing characteristics. I guess the only thing different is price and a touch of putter feel. The TM Tour Preferred and B330 are softer feeling off the putter than the ProV1x.

If you are on a budget, Bridgestone e5 urethane is the ball to play. Brigestone isn't normally excluded from discounts at Golfsmith and other stores so you can get most of their balls for a great price (Tour B330 included)

Last edited:
Wow, I've gone through 3 dozen of these balls so far and have 3 dozen left for the rest of the year. Since starting with this ball way back in the winter I have played just about every 2014 tour ball (and some of last years) against the Tour B330 and I an honestly say this ball is the real deal.

For 2014 models and my game I would put the Tour B330 at the top followed by the TaylorMade Tour Preffered X and then The ProV1x. I can pretty much play those three balls in the same round and not worry about a huge difference in playing characteristics. I guess the only thing different is price and a touch of putter feel. The TM Tour Preferred and B330 are softer feeling off the putter than the ProV1x.

If you are on a budget, Bridgestone E7 is the ball to play.

I haven't compared the Tour B330, but I played it side-by-side with the SR3 and preferred the Bridgestone in terms of feel. Nothing wrong with the SR3 and how it performed, just like the Tour B330 a little better. Hard to beat this one IMO.

Add me to the B330 fan club. I just have 3 dozen other balls to get thru first. I only have one b330 left...:(

Add me to the B330 fan club. I just have 3 dozen other balls to get thru first. I only have one b330 left...:(

It's about time. :) Just an all around superb ball.

Just won 2 dozen B330's on ebay for $55! Steal (and yes, I triple checked to maker sure the listing specifically said 2014 and hyrdrocore before bidding)

Picked up a sleeve of B330 and B330RX balls today. My swing speed is right around 100mph but I've always had more success with higher compression golf balls. I usually find that the lower compression golf balls spin way too much for me off the driver but Bridgestone mentions a thinner cover on the RX to help reduce spin off the tee. I'm real curious to see if this helps me keep the ball in play off the tee because I really struggle with lower compression balls off the tee. Jlukes mentioned that he preferred the B330 to the SR3 which I really liked so I'm very curious to see how both perform. I'm also real interested in the Hydro Core. Looking forward to getting both of these out on the course either this week or next.

So I played a round with the B330-RX on Thursday then B330 on Friday. I struggled with the B330-RX. Just like many other lower compression balls I was erratic off the tee (a lot had to do with the swing as well). I did like the feel and felt like I had enough spin on the greens. The distance off the tee and with irons was average. Ultimately I lost the ball on #6. By the time I finished #6 I was +7. Played the rest of the round with an SR3 and was +6 for the last 12 holes. I'm not going to say the huge difference in score was all because of the ball but needless to say my first round with the B330-RX was similar to experiences with previous versions of the ball. I didn't fit me and I really didn't get the hype of the Hydro Core but I put a B330 in play Friday...

All I can say about the B330 is; WOW!!! This ball was long and straight both off the tee and with my irons. Had very good spin on the greens and had a nice soft feel. I ultimately lost it OB on #8 when I hit the ball so far off the toe I almost missed the ball. Arguably the worst swing I've had all year, no ball would of stayed in play with that swing. I played my home course (both Thursday and Friday) which I've been playing for 18 years. I had 5 tee shots on Par 4's before losing the ball. On 4 out of those 5 holes I had my longest drive ever on that particular hole! The other drive was in an area I would consider to be very long drive, just not my longest on that hole. There was only maybe a 5 mph wind and we've had a lot of rain recently so it wasn't like I was getting help from the wind or dry conditions. On one hole I almost dropped because I couldn't find my ball until I decided to walk a little further past a mound and sure enough it was there. This was by far the longest ball I've ever hit. my swing felt good but it also felt like this ball was just exploding off the club face. For the 7 holes I played with the B330 I was +1. For the last 11 holes I was +11. Again, not all had to do with the ball but I can't argue with results. The B330 will be my gamer for the rest of the year. It flat out was the best golf ball I've ever hit and now I'm a believer in the Hydro Core. Oddly my swing speed is right around 100 mph but the B330 fit my swing better than the 330-RX. Now my only question is what do I do with the SR2's, SR3's, TM TP's, TM TPX's and 330-RX's I have? I guess they'll make nice backup balls because the B330 for me outperformed them in every category.

The Bridgestone ball fitters were at the course I was playing yesterday. I had played the e5, e6 and B330-RX in the past. Currently playing the Callaway SR1.

My swing speed is a whopping 79.5 MPH and this was consistent when I teed up both the SR1 and the recommended B330-RXS at the testing. Slight distance gain wih the RXS (~5 yards) that I conclude was mainly because I was still warming up with the SR1 - Call it a tie. My side spin, however, went from ~1,200 down to ~650. This is significant for me.

I played my entire round with the RXS's and doubled the number of fairways I hit 2 days prior with the SR1. Also, was crushing my drives (for me and my slow SS). Spin around the green was more than I was used to but I can adjust.

Impressive ball. Looks like my wife and son will be playing the 2 dozen SR1's I have in my posession.

Glad you dound something that works for you. Its a very solid golf ball.

Still loving the b330-s. Was playing prov1s the other day and switched midway through and it was noticeably different in terms of durability. I can't think of a whole lot that is more important to me when it comes to a golf ball when at the top prices balls are usually in a good group performance wise

Forgive the ignorance here, but how does the lower compression generate more spin for some people off the tee? I only ask as I have been playing the 330RX, but I am now wondering if the 330 may well help a bit more off the tee?

Maybe it is something to look at in a couple weeks when I get back home and see if I can try both balls side by side??

With a 95mph swing speed, I have been playing both the rx and rxs. I found the rx long but lacking spin and the rxs short but with ok spin. Yesterday, I was having a miserable round (+12 thru 11 holes) when I drove an rx to the woods. I walked into the woods and found a b330s (meant for swing speeds over 105mph). I thought, what the heck, let's use that one, how worse could I get?
I went on to par every single hole the rest of the round (that is very good at my level). The ball did everything I wanted. It was long and it stopped when it needed to stop. The funny part is that I didn't even go into it with a positive mindset.
I have found my ball.

RX fun...

faf2dface54f0780e87932f71a421d1a.jpg

I've been playing the b330s for over ten years now and I find it to be a great all-rounder. Plenty of distance, plenty of spin for those wedges, plenty of feel off the putter face. I don't see myself changing any time soon. In those ten years I've only experienced one cracked cover so their durability is good and you can get a decent amount of rounds into them. The B330s would be perfect if it just listened to me a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the Tour B330 ball recently? I just ordered a dozen of last year's model on amazon for a good price. I have never played Bridgestone balls before so I am just curious how they are?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the Tour B330 ball recently? I just ordered a dozen of last year's model on amazon for a good price. I have never played Bridgestone balls before so I am just curious how they are?

It's an awesome ball. Period.

Low spin off driver yet great action into greens and on chips and pitches. Very, VERY durable.

It's an awesome ball. Period.

Low spin off driver yet great action into greens and on chips and pitches. Very, VERY durable.
Well now that sounds like something I can get down with!! Thank you sir!

Back