Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Torn between this and the 816 DBD as the driver move for me this year, if I make one. Need to get both on a LM against my gamer something terrible.

Not a bad decision to have to make though dude, win win.

I will say, for me this has been really surprising me on misses. A lot.

Not a bad decision to have to make though dude, win win.

I will say, for me this has been really surprising me on misses. A lot.

That is what sticks in my mind from the demo. 816 was a big ole snapper when I missed, but the LTD was much more friendly when I missed in the 15*, snowy weather. Based on what we have available to me, I could see a HZRDUS or something similar going in and me playing a driver at 10-11* for the first time in a LOOOOONNNGGGGG time to aid with the lower launch. Yup, that sounds like a solid recipe.

So how much less forgiving is the LTD than the F6? I hit the F6 today and it was very nice,, maybe a tad too light..

So how much less forgiving is the LTD than the F6? I hit the F6 today and it was very nice,, maybe a tad too light..

I would not be able to tell you how much more forgiving, but when I compared the F6 side by side to the LTD, it definitely had higher spin - about 600-800 and thus when I missed it would have more side spin. I ended up being straighter overall with the LTD.
I also launched F6 higher than the LTD at the same loft setting. The spin and launch is a combination of head and shaft, as I had the stock shaft for the F6 and HZRDUS in the LTD.

Went to PGA SS today and hit the Pro With the stock Roque X. Don't know if it's because it's said "Pro" or what but I was more consistent with this. I contribute it to a total mental cue and the X flex shaft as the non pro and pro are exact same heads. The fitter was also shocked to find out I was hitting the Pro head better despite them being identical. Very strange.

I would not be able to tell you how much more forgiving, but when I compared the F6 side by side to the LTD, it definitely had higher spin - about 600-800 and thus when I missed it would have more side spin. I ended up being straighter overall with the LTD.
I also launched F6 higher than the LTD at the same loft setting. The spin and launch is a combination of head and shaft, as I had the stock shaft for the F6 and HZRDUS in the LTD.

This is good information. I know can find a club/shaft/loft setting to launch & send it out... My struggles always been with the spins to the right.

Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

well I just accidentally bought one of these. by accidentally i mean i saw one on ebay and dropped a last second bid thinking "why not?" and won the auction.

Hope to get it Saturday and hit the range.

Last edited:
well I just accidentally bought one of these. by accidentally i mean i saw one on ebay and dropped a last second bid thinking "why not?" and won the auction.

may I ask, did you get a fairly good deal? If so, count me as a bit jealous

I had a chance to hit the LTD yesterday but for some reason they didn't have the HZRDUS shafts. Love the look of this club at address and I'm sold on the technology. I will buy one as soon as I get the shaft figured out.

Nice, Sparks!! That's exciting dude. They are so good.

Nice, Sparks!! That's exciting dude. They are so good.

Thanks man. Got the Rogue 60, Red Tie and Handcrafted 6.5 to experiment with. I hope it blows away the bio cell+. If it does I will be one happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since being "enabled" by Dan, I have perused this thread and the review, along with every other bit of info I could find on the interwebs. I'm excited to give the LTD a go. The Rogue Black may not be the best fit for me (or it may end up being a good fit), but it will get a fair shake.

Thanks man. Got the Rogue 60, Red Tie and Handcrafted 6.5 to experiment with. I hope it blows away the bio cell+. If it does I will be one happy camper.

Congrats, I've got the itch to pull the trigger on one but I'm trying to be logical and figure out the correct shaft before I do something rash, which is quite often with golf clubs. It doesn't help my patience that my annual bonus check(I'm in outside sales with 30% of pay as commission) will be in my account this Friday.

You know what's great and sucks at the same time?... Getting that UPS notification of a King LTD delivery at your house... while you're at work. D'oh! Now, how to get all the way home, and then back down this direction to hit the LTD at the dome, tonight?

You know what's great and sucks at the same time?... Getting that UPS notification of a King LTD delivery at your house... while you're at work. D'oh! Now, how to get all the way home, and then back down this direction to hit the LTD at the dome, tonight?

Work late tonight, go in late tomorrow?

Haha. Mine is on its way but probably won't get here by Saturday range day. Let me know how it treats you!

Had my #1 on the team hit the one I'm tinkering with yesterday, not sure I can ever hit this driver again. Holy crap to be 17.

Haha. Mine is on its way but probably won't get here by Saturday range day. Let me know how it treats you!

Club looks phenomenal in hand. Won't get to hit it until tomorrow or Saturday, but did surprise myself - remembered I still had a couple of shafts from my Biocell driver. So, along with the Rogue Black, I can also give some time to an AD-DI and an Elements Chrome. Excited to hit the dome this weekend.

Had my #1 on the team hit the one I'm tinkering with yesterday, not sure I can ever hit this driver again. Holy crap to be 17.

Haha! I bet he wanted to take it home. Must be cool to have a coach who gets to review equipment and let's you try it!! Good on you!

Tried this out tonight. Absolutely loved it sound and feel wise, but numbers weren't that great. I'd need to get fit and tinker with it more, because I feel there were definitely some more yards somewhere in there. Compared to the F6+ though I got better numbers off the F6 by a smidgen. Easily could have been loft/shaft combo though as they had different pairings.

Tried this out tonight. Absolutely loved it sound and feel wise, but numbers weren't that great. I'd need to get fit and tinker with it more, because I feel there were definitely some more yards somewhere in there. Compared to the F6+ though I got better numbers off the F6 by a smidgen. Easily could have been loft/shaft combo though as they had different pairings.

what were the numbers that you didn't like seeing? our swings are very different, but like you I absolutely love the look, sound and feel.

This driver is pretty awesome in hand and when swinging.. Had some problems to get it launch correctly but that was probably my rusty swing that was the fault..

But then I saw my countryman J. Parnevik.. For being on the retirement-side of his golfing career, that dude can swing this club! 303 yards carry while gripping down.. :)
ae8e8f6cde445c15fd71e9fde953d84d.jpg

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

what were the numbers that you didn't like seeing? our swings are very different, but like you I absolutely love the look, sound and feel.

It wasn't that there were numbers I didn't like seeing, I was just seeing carry a bit lower than the F6+, which surprised me. I think my carry with the F6+ was saying around 162, and the LTD was around 157/8. So nothing terrible, but the swings felt better with the LTD so I figured the results would be better haha

Very interested to see how it compares to Bio+ too. Been a real good driver for me but I'm ready to upgrade.

I've got a HZRDUS Yellow all set up to give this beauty a go again this weekend. Really excited to see what that pairing can do.

Back