Club Cleaning - Does Your Course Clean Them After The 18th

My club does it if you use their bag storage service. If you leave your bag at the club, the clubs will be cleaned.

Most courses by me do this, most times I have them do it but if I don't have a dollar on me I just tell them no thanks.

I'm a member at a private club and there's high school/college kids that work in the bag room attached to the pro shop. They'll come out into the parking lot to see if you need anything when you arrive & they will clean your clubs, too. The kids know that 95% of the time I walk, so they don't even bother coming out into the parking lot for my clubs. Of course, there's "old money" members there who act like they can't do a damn thing themselves, which is quite annoying. Then they tip them with a few quarters....yeah, literally. These kids do bust their butts pretty well, so when I do use them for something, I try to tip them like they deserve. 98% of the time, I bring my clubs home with me, so I'll do the cleaning.

Up by the clubhouse, but everyone has to go by there so it works good as a location.

Not at any of the courses I normally ply but it is a nice touch if done right at an upscale course. I generally keep my clubs pretty clean though.

My course does. Cole, Kevin or Meredith are right by the 18th more times than not with a soapy rag waiting on you. Wipe down the club head and grips.

I use club cleaning at my home course - it comes with bag storage fee. The guys clean my clubs when I am done, although I have never seen them clean my clubs.
Lots of courses in Phx clean after the round - usually at the cart return area. I usually tip $5 for me and my cart mate. I don't particularly like the job they do, but I like the thought. And it's hot out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does however I usually tell them not to bother and throw them a few bucks for the thought (it is a great service imo). I am not one that has clean irons all the time dont mind a little dirt on them.

Had a couple of courses in Scottsdale do it, and Moraga Country Club in California. But nowhere else, and it's not a service I need.

When you finish playing the 18th hole, does your home course have someone there to clean your clubs? Are they standing off the green or back where carts are returned (if riding) or near club house (if walking)?

No. I live in rural Indiana.......

Even if it were an offered service, I think I'd pass. Not to be rude or anything, I'm just not the type that needs someone to do this for me.

Generally, I only see this type of service offered at a resort or destination type course. Nothing around here has that for me on a regular basis.

JM

The new course I just joined does, but they're waiting outside of the pro shop kind of where you return the carts. I deny the service because of my OCD lol but it's a nice touch.

One of the local courses in Northville does but it is really just a wipe with a wet rag. But they mean well just not very through at it. More for the tips it seems.

Yes they stand at the cart return and wipe down the clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back