THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Don't think I'll be able to get in a full round, but I'm thinking some father/son time at a Par 3 on Saturday to give mom some gift wrapping time alone is in the cards. Love that we can all still get out this late in the season... and really bummed my home course 2 mins from me closed on Nov 1!

I'll be getting 18 in on Friday and Sunday. Hopefully this weather stays with us.

Going to walk 4-6 holes on Saturday morning prior to the UCONN game and play 9 Sunday morning, can't wait!

I have to wait a few months to pick a side in this rivalry. Our daughter is interested in the cardiac fellowships at two of the hospitals in the region. I wouldn't want to be considered a traitor if I selected "poorly" and then changed alliances.

Hmm, I've Googled "winter" and I'm not a fan....

Taking my son for 18 on Saturday and when it's 66* Sunday in Southern New Jersey, I'll play another 18 with the boys!!!

I'll be getting in some practice for this, looks like on Sat I'll be heading to play with a group from OH and getting a little shamble/best ball in. It's a friendly match but I always am looking for a win!

Guys lets make sure we dont turn this one into an area banter thread. I know part of that is because of lack of details, but they will be coming soon.

The weather in South Jersey has been amazing. Hit the range Saturday and Sunday. Was at the range again today and hope to get 9 in on Saturday after work.

Your not kidding. Been ridiculous we're breaking records with this warmth. My daughter says its a bummer cause it doesn't feel like Christmas time lol. But i agree. Thankfully got all my outdoor xmas lights up and also tree all done over a week ago. Gave me the opportunity to take advantage of the weather. Got out this late morning and honestly worked up a sweat out there today and kept refilling my water lol. It was almost strange to play in this sunny warm temps and yet see no leaves on trees. Was certainly an of out of place feeling.

None the less a great day on the course (which is in wonderful shape- Hominy Hill) great weather wise and I must say considering I haven't even touched a club in about a month or more I played pretty good :)
Sometimes time off breaks bad habits. Really good tee game today, with a not great but ok iron game. Only my putting suffered from the time off but that's the one area of play for me that usually takes a hit with time off. Anyway it felt great to get out and also golf well.

Was hoping we'd get some #HolidayCheer in this thread will some potential teasers or details...

Was hoping we'd get some #HolidayCheer in this thread will some potential teasers or details...

You can't have NJ and Cheer in the same sentence. Unless you are cheeering about leaving NJ

You can't have NE and Cheer in the same sentence. Unless you are cheeering about leaving NE

you are absolutely right, but I would add cheering about beating the crap out of NE.

now.........how did we end up in Canada? But fwiw I would like to go over the falls in a barrel..............................of scotch/whisky that is :)

went out and played 9 holes today, played 2 balls, no need to talk about it just read the score card new England, every good shot I hit today I turned to the north east and tipped my cap, just letting you guys from new England know what you may be going up against.

document

Now I have the card, see above postuploadfromtaptalk1450136441337.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Played Sunday, and Wednesday last week and 2 practice sessions. Really getting the CF16'S dialed in. Ready for this. Also played in enemy territory a few weeks back. Blackstone National week before Thanksgiving. Nice track. Just in case. Never know where this will be. Ready willing and able.

I dunno you have a lot of 3 and 4 putts there...

It is a THP event so we're all pretty liberal with gimmes but i dunno about that... :alien:

if you pay attention to the card you would see the putts are totals for 2 balls, not just one, must be that liberal education in New England, need to have someone help you understand!!!!!!!

Anyone else trying to find ways to play more team golf next year with the thought of this event in the back of your mind? I'd love if my league would do best ball or something for one of the points, instead of straight match play.

Anyone else trying to find ways to play more team golf next year with the thought of this event in the back of your mind? I'd love if my league would do best ball or something for one of the points, instead of straight match play.

I joined a league this past year that was match play in prep for Legacy and plan on doing the same this year. I love playing in the team match play events! Oh and in case you were wondering my team won the league and Legacy :angel:

they just announced the course for the other RR, and a pretty good one too!

I wonder when we will get more info for this one. It would be nice to know when and where NE wil be destroyed

they just announced the course for the other RR, and a pretty good one too!

I wonder when we will get more info for this one. It would be nice to know when and where NE will be VICTORIOUS

FIFY buddy

Back