2016 UnOfficial NorCal vs. SoCal Thread

Mancest and Wonton as captains?

Only thing that would keep me out is the Bridgestone event 10 days before this but put me down for SoCal. I know my brother would love to join us as well even though he's not on THP (he doesn't do computers LOL). Thanks for getting this going already.

Only thing that would keep me out is the Bridgestone event 10 days before this but put me down for SoCal. I know my brother would love to join us as well even though he's not on THP (he doesn't do computers LOL). Thanks for getting this going already.

If anybody has to pull out because of that event or any others I think all of us will more than understand. If I can count properly, that has us for 5 NC and 6 SC and this thread was started what, 4 hours ago?

I am thinking we get 10 a side boys!

Love the banter in these threads....looks like it's going to be a good time....is a handicap required to play with you guys?

I usually shoot in the 90s so I am unsure about what that handicap is...

Love the banter in these threads....looks like it's going to be a good time....is a handicap required to play with you guys?

Definitely Not required, but as there will be matches having a rough idea of a handicap would be nice.

If you keep track of your scores between now and then we can get you a general idea of what it would be before this event.

Just a general idea of what it might be. It doesn't matter what you shoot... THP events (official or unofficial) are open to anyone regardless of skill level!

There are also a lot of places where you can keep a handicap for free, does anybody know if golf gamebook has that ability? I will see if I can find the old site I used before I joined a club.

oh not me. I'm not much of a leader. Think of me as a friend/thread admin

Oh come on! I will be Captain for NorCal if you Captain SoCal!

Then we have to play together on Sunday this year in Singles play... I am not very good, ask RadRob, he owned me.

Oh come on! I will be Captain for NorCal if you Captain SoCal!

Then we have to play together on Sunday this year in Singles play... I am not very good, ask RadRob, he owned me.

Haha don't get wrong, I'd love to play against you but I'm pretty terrible at this game; ask RadRob. Haha! He carried me AND my bag last year.

There are also a lot of places where you can keep a handicap for free, does anybody know if golf gamebook has that ability? I will see if I can find the old site I used before I joined a club.
I keep a HC...however, with the new rules, if you don't have someone initial your scorecard, it's no longer official.
But, I only play golf because it's incredibly fun. I can continue to carry an 'unofficial' HC, and flip the USGA the bird all the while.

Speaking for the group:
'no'

However, if you shoot above your HC, you automatically buy drinks all weekend.

Speaking for the group:
'no'

If that's the case we'll all be buying drinks.

I agree. Mancest should be our cap this year. I think it would be cool if when we get rosters set, that we pick colors for the event. We don't have to wear matching shirts, but maybe in the same color scheme would be neat.

I agree. Mancest should be our cap this year. I think it would be cool if when we get rosters set, that we pick colors for the event. We don't have to wear matching shirts, but maybe in the same color scheme would be neat.

I like what you are thinking. If you folks support me I would proudly be our captain as we take the trophy north!

Also, matching outfits would be EPIC! I will send some PMs out when we get closer, but I have some thoughts....

Speaking for the group:
'no'

UglySwing, are you thinking you can make this? If so please reply that you are in this thread.

I am hoping a few more of our NorCal brethren see this thread tonight and put there name in the ring. I am optimistic now that we can get 10 a side... just have a feeling we will get good turn out.

Day 1 of this thread and we are already looking good. Can't wait for more peeps to join this ball of fun!

UglySwing, are you thinking you can make this? If so please reply that you are in this thread.

I am hoping a few more of our NorCal brethren see this thread tonight and put there name in the ring. I am optimistic now that we can get 10 a side... just have a feeling we will get good turn out.
Yes, I'm in, and looking forward to it!

20 participants would be epic. I think it's very doable . August is a good time to play coastal golf. Really looking forward to this. If anyone is on the fence...just do it.

20 participants would be epic. I think it's very doable . August is a good time to play coastal golf. Really looking forward to this. If anyone is on the fence...just do it.

We have 12 so far (5 NC/7 SC) and I think RadRob has yet to join the fun. Duffertoo/Brianbigoats & hopefully a few others from NorCal can make the trek.

I know its early and things change, is anyone thinking of going down on Friday. I'm tossing the idea around. I wouldn't mind taking that Friday off and playing a twilight round somewhere if anyone was interested in meeting up.

Wow, first day and it's almost full. That's what the hell I'm talking about! I think Tim's idea of similar colored shirts for each team is great, too.

Back