2016 UnOfficial NorCal vs. SoCal Thread

It may be best to toss a poll up with the potential dates and go from there. It'd also be good if we know for sure if Monarch and LaP are both available on those dates.

Ok, it was worth a try. It seems like those two weeks in August that we're talking about work the best for most people.

Ok, it was worth a try. It seems like those two weeks in August that we're talking about work the best for most people.

Of course, would love for everybody to make this especially guys that played last year but I think every weekend we come up with is going to be a potential conflict for someone.

My vote is for 8/6-7 play LP Saturday afternoon and then Monarch Dunes Sunday morning (with Jockos Saturday night in between). Then we all hope the lineup for Outside lands sucks and Manny decides to join us for some golf instead :alien:.

This still leaves open the possibility that if any of the people committed get into the Project X event that they will likely pull out, but I think that is a risk we run regardless of any of the weekends in July/Aug/Sept.

Of course, would love for everybody to make this especially guys that played last year but I think every weekend we come up with is going to be a potential conflict for someone.

My vote is for 8/6-7 play LP Saturday afternoon and then Monarch Dunes Sunday morning (with Jockos Saturday night in between). Then we all hope the lineup for Outside lands sucks and Manny decides to join us for some golf instead :alien:.

This still leaves open the possibility that if any of the people committed get into the Project X event that they will likely pull out, but I think that is a risk we run regardless of any of the weekends in July/Aug/Sept.

Yeah I think we are going to run into some conflicts regardless what weekend it is. Of course, I'd love everyone to join but realistically some won't make it. Let's just hope that we still have at least a 6 vs 6.

Yeah we are going to run that risk with almost any month here THP. We just never know when and who might make an official event. Let's just decide a date and go with it. Eventually we are all going to have something keeping us from doing this one weekend or another. I think after this is settled we should look at one or two dates for next year and set it in stone and everyone can work around those dates. I would love to make this an annual get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm truly sorry to throw a wrench into the gears.

From the days/times available it looks like we have two options...

8/6 - La Purisima - 12:30p
8/7 - Monarch Dunes - 8 or 9a

8/13 - Monarch Dunes - Late morning or early afternoon
8/14 - La Purisima - 8 or 9a (need verification that they are available)

Screw you Stephen for having a freaking social life outside of golf! :alien:

With groups of this size there will always be some conflict that comes up, but we will get together and have a great time whatever weekend it ends up being.

I'm good with either of the August weekends, and I don't have a preference one way or the other.

8/14 is wide open at La Purisima. We can book whenever we want.

I'm fine with either of the weekends above. If I get into the Project X event and we choose 8/6 and 8/7 I'll have to just tell the wife its a 4 day event. Just don't know where I'll be sleeping Friday and Saturday night. :bulgy-eyes:

I'm fine for either weekend but have to know within the next couple of weeks b/c my wife is planning our summer vacay at the end of July/beginning of August

I'm good with either weekend!

So how are we doing folks?

Grinding through Monday here! Looking forward to nailing down a date for this get together :D

I think we need to pick a date no later than this weekend so everyone can get it on the schedule to make plans.

Wonton, anyway you can make another poll with those 1st 2 weekends in August so we can have one last vote and finally decide when we are doing this?

Either is good with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If possible, please pick a weekend and vote that way it is majority rules and we can do the damn thing.

Thanks again Wonton!

My vote is in! Looking forward to this thing going down!

So far we have 8 votes, with 2 not picking a weekend, 3 each for the Aug 6/7 & 3 each for Aug 13/14.... so far no date is leading Thanks to all so far that have voted!

Please vote when you can so we can at least get a majority and confirm a date so we can get everything booked.

Great! Just put up a 79 for a PB which was previously an 88 on this same course and tees. Granted it was gold tees but the grind was real fellas LOL!

So far we have 8 votes, with 2 not picking a weekend, 3 each for the Aug 6/7 & 3 each for Aug 13/14.... so far no date is leading Thanks to all so far that have voted!

Please vote when you can so we can at least get a majority and confirm a date so we can get everything booked.

I voted... It doesn't matter to me!

Great! Just put up a 79 for a PB which was previously an 88 on this same course and tees. Granted it was gold tees but the grind was real fellas LOL!

Well done!

As of Tuesday April 5th @ 8:15 we have 12 votes. Assuming no one has voted more than once we are 1 vote from having an official result (since I am assuming ThePapa's brother isn't posting). So once we get to that 13th vote hopefully we will get the date locked in so we can proceed with getting courses/tee times coordinated.

The vote right now is 5-3 in favor of Aug 6-7 with 4 people voting "whatever". That last vote being cast won't change the result. How about we call the election and declare Aug 6-7 the winner?

Back