Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Soooo...what's the chances that somewhere around the south west side of Chicago is going to be open on Friday? Or is there still snow on the ground around that area? Just need to know if bringing my clubs while I'm there this week will be a complete waste of time or not.

Soooo...what's the chances that somewhere around the south west side of Chicago is going to be open on Friday? Or is there still snow on the ground around that area? Just need to know if bringing my clubs while I'm there this week will be a complete waste of time or not.
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow and Friday

Go figure up by me it's only cold. We never got any snow but all the courses closed anyway. I'd have been willing to bundle up and practice some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in Indiana yesterday. Got some rain on the back nine but it was good to play.
e81b01ae41651fe0742da79f2a72df77.jpg
8362e95ce301a6e2cc9ae0959a1422f6.jpg
f909c465dfe75338d9b11ab286ca34eb.jpg

WI golf

WI golf

Planning to play Horicon Hills today around 1 today in Horicon, WI. They are open with carts.

Horicon

Horicon

I live in Beaver Dam - we and Horicon got an inch or so. Rain had it all gone by Thursday noon.

They should've gotten snow last week. Did it all melt?

wish i had more than 3 clubs at the moment. i think everything up here closed even tho we havent had any snow.

wish i had more than 3 clubs at the moment. i think everything up here closed even tho we havent had any snow.
Three clubs sounds like enough to me ?

You guys are animals.

Im just hoping I can at least hit a handful of balls each week before it gets too bad. Club doesn't open until April 20th, that is a long wait

As much as I'd love to get out there, at this point I doubt I'll be outside on the course until April (fingers crossed since you never know in Chicago) - just not pleasurable for me in the 30s/40s.... Will have to make do with the White Pines dome for the winter and the small range at the East Bank Club. Maybe the simulator at Marovitz if they are doing that again.

Day after Christmas last year was mid 50s southwest of Milwaukee. Won't say I won't play til Spring. If the opportunity presents itself I'll be out.

My game is in the crapper unfortunately... Haven't recovered from my August hand injury so I don't see myself playing or hitting balls until February. At that point I plan to start lessons and go from there. This past season was a success for me and I hope I can improve even more next year.

Day after Christmas last year was mid 50s southwest of Milwaukee. Won't say I won't play til Spring. If the opportunity presents itself I'll be out.

Mid-50s and sunny - then I'm with you and thinking about how to get out there. I guess you never know (it was in the mid-60s two Sundays ago) but I'm not all that optimistic.

I wonder who from this area will be signup up for Club Clash and get out of the cold in April.

I wonder who from this area will be signup up for Club Clash and get out of the cold in April.
I can think of a few from our area that will give it a go.... Especially a certain self proclaimed 'club ho' named @rambler ? haha! Incredible event for sure. Amazing location, 54 holes and all the on course updates are awesome!

Hey, we might actually be in the upper 40s by April. I'll be grooving my driver swing in the dome until then.

I can think of a few from our area that will give it a go.... Especially a certain self proclaimed 'club ho' named @rambler ? haha! Incredible event for sure. Amazing location, 54 holes and all the on course updates are awesome!

You rang... Have never been to that resort/courses. They look fantastic. And, participants will be hitting/reviewing pretty much every driver available, including getting the numbers-don't-lie launch monitor output. I'll be trying to get into Club Clash, for sure.

How about this weather boys...anyone get out this weekend? I played 9 yesterday and today. Next week is supposed to be nice to! Got to love it!

How about this weather boys...anyone get out this weekend? I played 9 yesterday and today. Next week is supposed to be nice to! Got to love it!
A few of us got out yesterday about noon. It was a little soggy but very nice. Hoping the weather holds so we can do it again next weekend.

A few of us got out yesterday about noon. It was a little soggy but very nice. Hoping the weather holds so we can do it again next weekend.
If weather permits on Sunday I'll be able to play.... Have to coach wrestling on Saturday. Hopefully I can get out with you guys if you decide to get out again. If not this time then next time

If weather permits on Sunday I'll be able to play.... Have to coach wrestling on Saturday. Hopefully I can get out with you guys if you decide to get out again. If not this time then next time
We'll keep you updated. Weather shows nice so far.... But it's a week away! :)

3 of us are playing Hawk's View tomorrow morning at 9am.....if any 4th's want to join in!

Sunday looks like a washout....

Back