THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'm pumped for all you guys, you're in for some awesomeness.

This is like icing the kicker. But I'm sure Lee and Matt are tired of hearing about it haha

Should be a big week, I hope!!

A really good weekend... didn't get a chance to play, BUT, hit the range Saturday and Sunday, and hit the ball well. The best thing though was that after both sessions my back felt as good as it has in a looong time. Hope I'm not jinxing myself haha!

Really can't wait to see who our teammates will end up being!

If you haven't checked out the Kickoff Classic thread, you should. It was a great to follow along live, and the live scoring was awesome! I'll probably go back through just for the pics and videos that were posted. If the Regional Rivalry is half as good as the Kickoff Classic, it will be a great time!

Actually we have 7 days. That's based on a PM the Captains received on the 15th.

We will let the captains do their thing with their team and figure out who is going to be added to the team (in 2 weeks).
Once the teams are full, you will receive a PM from GolferGal with all of the details necessary for deposit, etc.

Did I miss something? This was on the 15th.

If you haven't checked out the Kickoff Classic thread, you should. It was a great to follow along live, and the live scoring was awesome! I'll probably go back through just for the pics and videos that were posted. If the Regional Rivalry is half as good as the Kickoff Classic, it will be a great time!

I just got back from a trip and didn't get to follow along this weekend so spent a good portion of last night reading about it "after the fact" and I agree almost! Not that it wasn't great but I think this one will be even better. That's why I'm so anxious to be part of the team!!!

Actually we have 7 days. That's based on a PM the Captains received on the 15th.
Guess I was mistaken then. Though ... seven days is a week. :tongue: But only if your week goes from Monday to Monday, I suppose.

I apologize for not posting in here this weekend as I was tied up battling a bunch of Marauders down at RTJ. The Kentwool Classic was my first taste of competitive play since Morgan Cup in 2014. It was great to feel the nerves again. The event reinforced how much fun team THP events are. My partner and I were talking on Sunday about how the nerves and the rush of competition was the same in the Kentwool as the Morgan Cup. I played in two tight matches against quality opponents. My game is nowhere near where I want it to be, but I hit some good shots and not so great ones down the stretch. It was a great measuring stick as what I need to work on and what my tendencies are in close matches.

I hope we have lots of people putting in for the last spots as a THP event is something special. Throw into the mix the competitive team play and the chance to represent your region, if you are able to play that weekend, I would be chomping at the bit to play.

Guess I was mistaken then. Though ... seven days is a week. :tongue: But only if your week goes from Monday to Monday, I suppose.

I guess it depends on which side of the process your on. :)

Ha ha ha ... very true. I only know this side though ... and the wait is killing me! :D

Cue Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the weather will allow, this week should bring 2-3 range sessions and a finale to about 6 straight weekends of suck. I'm ready to get on the course again and really do some work.

I got to get a couple rounds in this weekend and had a couple bad holes on each due to some muddiness of the courses, but still managed to fire off an 85 & 86 so i cant complain too much.

Trending downwards in handicap again after a long while :banana::bananadance::banana:

I got to get a couple rounds in this weekend and had a couple bad holes on each due to some muddiness of the courses, but still managed to fire off an 85 & 86 so i cant complain too much.

Trending downwards in handicap again after a long while :banana::bananadance::banana:

Very nice, that's a couple of good rounds!

Plan on getting out on the range a bit this afternoon. Been slammed at work and now have to fit car shopping in. But that will not detract from the prize ahead that is a possible #THPRR selection.

Good luck to everyone in the final week leading up to #SelectionDay

Schedule a lesson for Thur. Then will talk with my instructor about a maybe a 5 lesson pack for the early part of the season.

After following along with THPkickoffclassic I'm ready to play in a team event.

Not a lot of time this weekend, but I did get to play some golf. I shot 49 for 9 holes... Not terrible for a course I'd never seen before. There were some issues but for the first time out in a while, I'll take it.

Here is the results of the Royal F6 testing (also in that thread):

It was a busy weekend, but I did manage to get in 9 holes at Myrtle Beach yesterday (myrtlewood: Pine Lakes course if anyone knows it).

Actual on course testing of the Royal F6 results: Very good. It wasn't a particularly long course (from the whites) so I only pulled it 4 times. But 3 of those 4 times I was in play. That may not sound like much but it is a HUGE improvement over what I have been fighting. By "in play" I mean a foot to 5ys off the fairway. Even the one I missed wasn't that bad, just hit a slide slope and rolled into water tight on the right side. Distance seemed pretty good. I only got two good measurements (1st one I forgot, and the one in the water I couldn't be super accurate where it landed). Both the measurements were 248, and both were into the wind, so I was happy.

The only drawback is this club does sometimes have a feedback problem. On the range many times I felt like smoked one, but the result was well... not smoked. I can feel it off the toe, but inside on the face and even low on the face FEEL pretty solid, even though they are not. It's not a huge problem (it's not like hitting a pillow) and is WELL worth the trade off in forgiveness. Especially since knowing where I missed, for me, usually results in adjustments that make it worse.

Overall, I really like this club and it is very close to being permanently crowned: Gamer.

Following the Kickoff Classic was fun and made me even more excited for this event. I've never played in a competitive golf tournament, but it has been something I have wanted to do for a while. Plus add in that its a THP event to make it that much better. July can't come soon enough.

Back