The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

27 months removed and it still moves me. It's not a daily thing, but it's forever there.

Amen brother. It's pretty damn special & im lucky to have experienced it

Edit: One of these days I will share exactly how and why this event had the effect it did. But I need time haha

We've got the rest of our lives brother take all the time you need. This event touches each one of us in a different and unique way. Would love to hear your story

Dammit I miss everyone, its on my mind every day of my life, and I know it will never go away. This event changes you, in a truly great way.

I love this thread! I really enjoy(ed) following along..even months after the event and seeing all the post event updates.

I miss wondering when exactly Rallo will show up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes after everyone else

#RalloStandardTime

I really wish I could have made the PhillyV Invitational, but my wife would kill me a week before our first born is due! I guess I'll just have to settle for some videos of Philly bombing the 816!

I really wish I could have made the PhillyV Invitational, but my wife would kill me a week before our first born is due! I guess I'll just have to settle for some videos of Philly bombing the 816!

Maybe she will want you out of the house before she kills you haha never know

Maybe she will want you out of the house before she kills you haha never know

Haha

When he's least expected. Or by the end of the trip, most expected.

Rallo at the very last dinner: "Sorry I'm late guys, this time it's totally my fault."

JB: "No kidding!"

I was sitting across from JB when he said that, I won't forget the look on his face, too funny. Good times!

The answer is now... the banquet beer thread photo brought me back in and took me back. Reminds me of the first bus ride and getting to chat up Ethan who is a very cool dude... even with that dog-ass-Mets vanity belt... man if that bus pulled up right now I would hop on no questions asked

So is there an item in the Hideaway gift shop that you wish you had bought but didn't?

So is there an item in the Hideaway gift shop that you wish you had bought but didn't?
Another ball mark with the magnetic center since I left my 2 and THP divot tool in a hotel room.

I really hope the rest of the guys come out of their winter hibernations soon. Always fun when everyone's random stories come up.

This one happened to me today. I'm sitting on the couch with my son and my wife and she goes "oh hey guess what I found". It was in an email and she forwarded it to me. I open it up and it's an interview with me and Roger Cleveland. Me and Roger F'ing Cleveland. How insane is that?!? And then all of this stuff started to hit me. I'll be able to look back on that for the rest of my life. I'll be able to walk into my office and see pictures of me and my teammates and Zoo Crew at the Hideaway for the rest of my life. This isn't just some event that gets lost in the weeds once the next one comes along. This is an impression on my life that I'm so incredibly thankful for.

Another ball mark with the magnetic center since I left my 2 and THP divot tool in a hotel room.

I have a couple :). Have your people contact mine. Hahahha

A putter cover and more Nike polos with the Hideaway logo.

I really hope the rest of the guys come out of their winter hibernations soon. Always fun when everyone's random stories come up.

This one happened to me today. I'm sitting on the couch with my son and my wife and she goes "oh hey guess what I found". It was in an email and she forwarded it to me. I open it up and it's an interview with me and Roger Cleveland. Me and Roger F'ing Cleveland. How insane is that?!? And then all of this stuff started to hit me. I'll be able to look back on that for the rest of my life. I'll be able to walk into my office and see pictures of me and my teammates and Zoo Crew at the Hideaway for the rest of my life. This isn't just some event that gets lost in the weeds once the next one comes along. This is an impression on my life that I'm so incredibly thankful for.
One of my favorite memories is still Rallo arriving, walking in, cracking a joke, and you looking across the table at me saying "oh hell yes" because you were paired with him.

More of the tees (all three kind) and copper ball markers. I brought a ton home but gave away a lot of them and realized I only have a few left of each. So they have been removed from my bag and put away forever

One of my favorite memories is still Rallo arriving, walking in, cracking a joke, and you looking across the table at me saying "oh hell yes" because you were paired with him.

I was Rallo'd from the beginning haha

I will definitely be giving Canadan a shopping list and months income for when he goes haha I want a 1/4 zip and headcover for sure

Did we just become best friends, yep!

I will definitely be giving Canadan a shopping list and months income for when he goes haha I want a 1/4 zip and headcover for sure
I need to get my hands on a 1/4 zip. Tried this year but it fell through. Maybe I can pick it up myself lol.

Did we just become best friends, yep!

That's kind of how it happened too haha I was the only one at the table unable to meet and get to know my partner for the matches so i had no clue what to expect. He joins us, sits down and before he could take a sip of his first drink he cracks a joke that I wish I could have said haha at that point I knew it was going to be great

A 32oz hydroflask with the hideaway logo; I got an 18 oz one but wish I would have gone bigger. Other than that, I've got what I wanted.

I think I'm going to actually get out and golf Saturday for the first time in way too long and I can't wait to reacquaint myself with my grandaddy clubs and bag. I've been playing around with the putter in the basement, but I want to take some full swings with these amazing clubs.

I know I haven't been around as much, at least not posting, but I'm still here, just been really busy and removed from golf so have nothing new to say, so I just lurk. I relive the memories every day when I see the pictures in my office.

Back