Balls During The Round

I carry at least 2 sleeves of new and then some found or cheap crappy balls I get for Xmas.

I'll loose 0-4 and probably average 1-2 around, and that usually depends how aggressive I'm playing or terrible my tee game is.

I probably carry about a dozen balls in my bag during a round, on average I probably lose around 2 per round, but there are those blowup days when I can lose quite a few. With the type of courses around my area, I lose them more in the woods than in water hazards.

The first time I played Fox Hollow I probably lost 10 due to nasty rough. Yesterday I think I lost 2. Nothing for water.

I bought a dozen balls 10 or 11 rounds ago, and I'm ready for ny next dozen, so it looks like an average of a ball a round. I've played a few of those rounds without losing a ball.

At my home course I can normally get through the first 15 holes with a single ball (assuming I'm playing decent golf). The last 3 holes have water in play and I consider myself lucky if I get through without loosing a ball. I typically carry 6-10 balls as a time. Less if I'm walking of course.

Depending on where I play, I can lose up to 4 per round. I carry around a dozen balls in my bag. I think it is a good day if I don't loseany balls over 18. But, when I am looking for balls, I usually find a ball, so while I lost a ball, my net number of balls stays pretty similar.

If I am playing a course Im familiar with or one that has little or no water I rarely lose a ball....if the course has a lot of water I probably will put a couple in...I keep 1 new sleeve of gamers, and about 5 older gamers that are beat up

Played a tournament this w/e. Lost 3 (2 in water, 1 provisional went o/b) on Saturday, 0 on Sunday.

I "usually" don't lose many. But first day of the Club Championship, 7 left the course during that round. :banghead: The second day, just one. Kinda how I seem to roll lately.

This thread jinxed me! Today, second shot on the second hole, lost the Nike 20XI in a blind landing area with rough, rocks, and water. Probably went in the water. Good thing I had another ball....

I'd say I lose 2 in a given round, on average. The sad part is how often they're a provisional. I play by myself a lot, so if I'm not sure of the landing, I'll hit a provisional, and it's usually the worst possible swing I put on it!

Then I go and find the original anyway.

Today I lost no less than a half dozen, and it was probably closer to 8 or 9...including three on one hole.

Usually one or two per round unfortunately.

I can play several rounds without losing one and yet can lose several in just one round :)
Such is the life of one who cannot stay consistent.
But honestly I don't spend any significant amount of time looking for a ball that probably often could be found with just another minute of looking.

I played today with a couple guys that (when they lost one) spent far too much time searching imo. Good thing we were a 3some because otherwise we would not have kept up simply due to that reason because it happened enough times. In fact at one point we fell a stroke behind and I felt really uncomfy about it. A 3some and a stroke behind? Not good.

If I'm putting an average on it. I'd say I use 3-5 balls a round. My most regular courses have lots of cross hazards and some very heavy fescue lining the fairways.

I'm not real anal about it but I try carry a dozen 6 marked and ready to use in the ball pocket and two sleeves in the side pocket.

I can play several rounds without losing one and yet can lose several in just one round :)
Such is the life of one who cannot stay consistent.
But honestly I don't spend any significant amount of time looking for a ball that probably often could be found with just another minute of looking.

I played today with a couple guys that (when they lost one) spent far too much time searching imo. Good thing we were a 3some because otherwise we would not have kept up simply due to that reason because it happened enough times. In fact at one point we fell a stroke behind and I felt really uncomfy about it. A 3some and a stroke behind? Not good.

That's one reason I don't look very long for lost balls. The other (more important) reason: poison ivy. It seems to line every fairway on courses around here. I'm so frigging sensitive to it - I get it in the middle of winter sometimes, so I've learned to accept those losses as part of doing business.

The course I usually play has British Open rough, so it's easy to lose balls; even on pretty good hits. I usually use 2-3 a round, but I've probably used as many as 7. I keep about a dozen in the bag most of the time. I usually find a handful while looking for mine, so i might hit one of those if I'm on a hole that's notorious for eating balls.

At my course I rarely lose a ball but the last couple of rounds ive lost one and it really annoys me losing my good golf balls as they are not cheap. I usually use the same ball for multiple rounds.

Anywhere from 1-3 most of the time. I've lost more than that before too if it just an awful day. Yesterday was a poor ball striking day and I managed to only loose one ball. I was also fortunate to find my ball a couple of times too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go thru 2-3 balls per round, typically removing one because of scuff marks from cart paths or trees. Water/deep woods only comes into play on a few holes so I don't often actually lose a ball. Every few months I drop off my beat up golf balls to my nephews who are just starting to pick up the game.

Yesterday I almost last 2 balls in the leaves. Thankfully I found them both. But that was the first round in a while that I lost none. The rest were 1 or 2, but I haven't had a round this year that empties my bag to any degree.

I read earlier about a 3 ball rule for gamers. I may modify my ball pouch to reflect that.

Depends on course and weather. On average 4 or 5. Sometimes less. Sometimes more. Last week I "only" lost 2.

I carry way too many balls with me, no idea why, but I do. I might lose 1-2/round and also change out another 1 or 2 from groove bites or cart path scuffs.

I normally can go 2 almost 3 rounds with the same ball (I'm a short knocker). Last few months I'm fighting a swing "issue" and I can easily loose 4-6+ in a round.

As a general rule I carry 4 sleeves plus an additional 2-3 balls in the bags ball pocket.

I always try to keep a dozen or so in the bag for 18 hole rounds. With the courses we play and my stellar swing, 18 holes with a single ball is a rarity. I probably lose one or two balls a round regularly, though lately here it's been more in the 4-6 range. :beat-up:

Back